This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Actually, it was introduced in Season 8 with "Citizen Joe", it was only about Season 9 when they started to develop them and Season 5 of Atlantis when they decided to change them. (I'm guessing either because it seemed more logical that it was a body swap or to introduce the method they were going to use in the more serious SGU.)

But of course, that episode was a clipshow so yeah...
    You right, Season 8 it was, I forgot about that episode !
    sigpic

Comment

I remember this episode striking up some controversay. Some people went as far to say that Young committed rape and Chloe was using Eli. The first one while definatly morally questionable I do not think it was rape. Granted it was most likely wrong to have Young have intercourse with Emily while he was in Telford's body but I think rape is a little far. As for Chloe using Eli I never could comprehend that. I do not think she really knew Eli had a crush on her. She was kind of oblvious with her own personal problems. Understandable given the circumstance. Nor do I think it is selfish as Eli never says anything. As for Eli I really liked the scene with his mother. Even if he did not tell who he was it was still interesting to see him try to connect with his mother. Finally their is the ship itself and the plan. Can we trust Rush or did he fake the thing to stay on Destiny? That is utlimately the problem. He has mantipulated people so many times it is hard to believe Rush when he says something will not work. Rush has shown how he cares about himself first it is hard to take his word. So while we learn he is right the plan would not work it is understandable to me why Young would want to spy on him. He is untrustworthy. At least for now.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Been a while since i watched this ep, but i am forgetting if they mentioned HOW they fired the weaponry.

Comment

I loved this episode. Going back to Earth and just really seeing how people cope with being back, but not truly return.

Later episodes of SGU (maybe second season) stated that the people sign over rights to their body and allow whoever takes over to do as they please.

So Telford knew that Young could potentially have sex with his own wife when Young used the stones to go to Earth.

I also really liked how they showed that each person was different to outside perspectives, but as the audience we knew/saw who was who.

Comment

I liked that decision too, it was way better than having to keep track of it in my head.
            sigpic

Comment

I wonder if they ever thought to make the initial 'showing' of someone stoned' Sound different as well, then port over to who is there..

Comment

A lot of talk about the stones. I understand the controversy, but for the story to develop, the writers did an excellent job.

I actually liked how they were used extensively, and I thought it was a pretty "funny" glitch...

I like the way SGU is more serious than SGA and SG1, and yet there is still the funny moments i like so much. Kudos to the actors and writers on this one.

I also loved the Eli/Chloe talk in the car. She's adorable when she's drunk...

Comment

Messing around in other people's bodies not cool but fun to watch. The best part for me was the three retreating to save themselves.

Comment

OMG that was awkward/ funny when Telford/Young got interrupted during the sex scene! What was Telford going to say to Young's wife at the end of the show...
                    ~~~I like to see both sides of things~~~

Comment

As awkward as it has been, I think it was really well done.

Well, yes, what was Telford going to say? That's the question here!
                      sigpic

Comment

For all we know, he didn't even mention it.

Comment

Been awhile since I watched it but I think Telford was trying to warn her Young knows what is going on.

Comment

I think it was worse for the woman who Chloe swapped bodies with. She got really drunk so the poor woman would come back to a stonking hangover.

I also thought it was odd that Emily (?) would have sex with Young in a different man's body. Ewwwwww!

Comment

Or... another conspiracy theory. Maybe when Young and Emily split up, Telford pretended to be sympathetic to her to see what she knew about everything. Maybe they had some kind of relationship, that would explain that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                                Been awhile since I watched it but I think Telford was trying to warn her Young knows what is going on.
                                Not at this point, Telford met Young's wife Emilie at that point for the first time, as far as I remember. I guess Telford wanted to have a word with her about what happened (everything else would be too spoiler to tell).

Originally posted by CarrieAnn View Post
                                I think it was worse for the woman who Chloe swapped bodies with. She got really drunk so the poor woman would come back to a stonking hangover.

I also thought it was odd that Emily (?) would have sex with Young in a different man's body. Ewwwwww!
                                I'm sure that woman had a bad hangover the next morning. This stone-stories are meant to be a little bit provocative. But if you go above those icky-moments, and think about at it as it is: humans use a technique they don't fully understand in their ethics and problems, then it is an interesting way to show how people handle things like that.
                                There's also a Kino-episode about that, btw.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X