Puddle Jumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumpers?

Why are there no puddle jumper like ships in Destiny on water and air I can't help but say why are there no puddle jumpers? It would be extremely useful in this situation.

Maybe TPTB just want to make Scott suffer just a little but doncha think?
    Stargate Revival Please!

They have shuttles...

And what good would they be to hoist Scott out of the ice within a few hours?
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'd say that Puddle Jumpers are a little after Destiny's creation date!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Two shuttles on the exposed hull of a honking great spaceship and thats it?

C'mon Ancients, I know you weren't gonna get on board the loveboat for a while, but only two ships, thats dropping the ball a little, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
          I'd say that Puddle Jumpers are a little after Destiny's creation date!

And you'd be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            Why are there no puddle jumper like ships in Destiny on water and air I can't help but say why are there no puddle jumpers? It would be extremely useful in this situation.

Destiny probably pre-dates the puddle jumpers.

Comment

jumpers just fit through a gate. seeing the old fashioned thrusters on the shuttle, they probably were incapable of proper miniaturisation.

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post

I don't think Lanteans had made the puddle jumpers at the time they launched the Destiny-class of starships. Somehow the Puddle Jumpers seems to be a bit more advanced than the shuttles aboard the Destiny.

Comment

PJ were made around Atlantis perioid. Destiny predates Atlantis by millions of years...

Comment

But then again - how hard it would be to make a small vessel to fit through the gate? And how hard it would be to think of such device? They already have the Kino's tech...
                    sigpic

Comment

It is a big ship, maybe they will discover something similar later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                        But then again - how hard it would be to make a small vessel to fit through the gate? And how hard it would be to think of such device? They already have the Kino's tech...
                        The Destiny's stargate doesn't seem to have as much range as other stargates seen, but the FTL drive is very quick. Maybe they decided it wasn't worth designing a ship to travel via stargate when flying a ship via the FTL drive was almost as quick.
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
                          Atlantis was designed so that Puddle Jumpers had access to the gate room. How would a small vessel get from a bay to the gate room on the Destiny? Why would the Ancients have needed shuttles which could fly through stargates anyway when the intended crew was travelling round the galaxy in the Destiny?
                          sigpic

Comment

The puddlejumpers were probably invented later. I think it likely that the Destiny posses devices necessary for obtaining resources such as water. They probably just haven't found those yet.
                            sigpic

Comment

If they did have jumpers where would they be stored? And how would they get too/from the gate room.. There just does not seem to be any room for them to get too/from the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X