James Reaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I have only thing to say: More James! She rocks
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      We're 6 episodes in! You really think Scott isn't going to grow at all during the show? It's not like people don't make the same mistakes more than once. That happens a lot in the world. It doesn't meant those people can't grow.
      Exactly, Scott can't be judged on these opening episodes, we have to see how and if he changes throughout the series before making a decision.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
        We're 6 episodes in! You really think Scott isn't going to grow at all during the show? It's not like people don't make the same mistakes more than once. That happens a lot in the world. It doesn't meant those people can't grow.
        And not to mention he is young yet, and he has a heart as big as a house...that could be a problem

Originally posted by Bebbe777 View Post

Sort of

Comment

i am actually happy scotts character is coming off as a tool. i was expecting the usual lead character that gets the girl and everyone loves. I'm happy I'm seeing something different for a change. With SGU I don't feel like i already know the end of the story.

Comment

Maybe James is thinking.. "Scott isn't worth it."

And I think she'd be right. I he's happy bouncing from one woman to another.. Maybe she's seen enough of life say.. "I don't want any of that kind of man."

And now, she's trying to move on the best she can.

The other option, that has been mentioned before.. Maybe James' and Scott's interlude in the broom closet was "casual" thing. Maybe both were hoping for more, but circumstances change. And now they're happy they're not together.

But the REALLY sad part about this commentary.. is that we're having this conversation at all... Why must we be conjecturing "this guy hooks up with this gal, and that guy should get together with that gal. AND.. ooh! don't forget, this other guy, and that other gal would be a perfect pairing."

Comment

Originally posted by Bebbe777 View Post

I started to like her in "Air" part 3 and she keeps proving herself to be a strong character. Even if secondary. Her reaction was great, the 'broom closet' comment was hilarious, but I didn't quite understand if she was a bit hurt, jealous or sorry for Chloe.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                It will be interesting to see whether or not Scott keeps on being a contradiction throughout the series or whether he will go one way or another at some point.
                I think the point of the show is that no one person is set in one mindset. They are human. Eli while still being new to everything and being in such a critical role (Rush's preferred helper) has shifted from being out of place to fitting in (ala joking in the meetings). There are still situations that will bring out his inexperience, but he has other facets to his character.

I believe the same can be said about Scott. This relationship with Chloe should not tarnished how he is perceived. Romance/flings at work happen in the military and outside of it.

At the very least, Scott isn't some sexual criminal forcing his desires on others. We don't know his relationship with James and the fact that he tries to talk about it with her shows he wanted to clear things up with her.

Having Chloe lose her dad connected with Scott cause he mentioned he lost his parent and later his guardian.

Their relationship doesn't seem to be about sex, but we cannot assume Scott is Chloe's first either. We have no reason for that assumption.

Not to mention, their intimate encounter occurred when they believed they were going to die or at least one of them.

I don't view Scott from one angle, unlike most of SG's previous characters (especially main cast) SGU is really trying to show multiple facts to these characters and I will enjoy watching it. Even if i will miss the action scenes from before.

Comment

I have to say I was impressed by James reaction. I was really expecting this to be the start of some horrible love triangle, or heaven forbid a quadrangle, but James showed real class in not only steping back from Scott and leaving him to Chole but stepping up by helping their relationship. I have to say I wasn't expecting that kind of honor and maturity.
                  sigpic
                  Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    Just look at Team Rocket in Pokemon. Doing the same thing episode after episode. No amount of failure can deter them. When I see Scott, I see Team Rocket.
                    I see it differently. I see Scott as continuously punishing himself for what he did wrong in his own eyes. It's entierly possible that he blames the death of his father-figure priest on himself for how he got that girl pregnant (which may have simply been the results of teenage hormones). It could be that he's "dealing" with that by repeating the same self-destructive/self-flaggilating behaviour over and over again.

Lord only knows (pun not intented) that there is a significant chunk of society that does that already.

That being said, I'd like to echo what other people have been saying: James just rocked in this episode. From the lines to the delivery to the expression on her face... she took her few scenes and just knocked 'em out the park!

I also use this as proof that the PTBs are painfully aware of how their previous shows were pretty much walking cliches and are now working to avoid them.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                      I see it differently. I see Scott as continuously punishing himself for what he did wrong in his own eyes. It's entierly possible that he blames the death of his father-figure priest on himself for how he got that girl pregnant (which may have simply been the results of teenage hormones). It could be that he's "dealing" with that by repeating the same self-destructive/self-flaggilating behaviour over and over again.
                      Hmm, given that she "didn't keep it" perhaps he subconsciously wants to 'fix' the situation by making it turn out the other way next time.
                      (wow, that was vaguely expressed!)
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                        I could almost forgive the closet bang, because here he was now, having a life or death struggle. The Chloe thing shows us he has learned *nothing* after all. Which makes for a pretty poor character, if they are incapable of learning. If he can't learn, then he can't grow as a character.
                        Maybe it shows how much stress he is in and how much being stranded like this is actually effecting him- he is reaching out for the comfort of someone who he feels a kinship to.

Comment

Working...
                        X