Rush's attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rush's attitude

Anyone else think Rush was being a little too harsh on Eli?

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

Not really. Eli naively offered way more information than he should have, at a really bad time. Don't get me wrong, I really like Eli's character, and this will give him some room to grow.

Comment

Eli needs to learn when to shut up. There's no reason to panic other people when there's nothing that can be done. It's called a need to know basis for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
        Not really. Eli naively offered way more information than he should have, at a really bad time. Don't get me wrong, I really like Eli's character, and this will give him some room to grow.
        That's the sense I got too. It's a new lesson for the 'kid' of the show to learn. I like Eli's character as well, but he's not perfect and he still has things to learn. Though I have to admit that Rush is one of my favorite characters thus far.
        I can picture in my mind, a world without war, a world without hate.... and i can picture us attacking that world cause they'd never see it comming

Comment

Rush was rightly worried that it would make Young decide to come back without getting the water they needed. Notably, TJ backed up Rush on that point.

Comment

Rush is right in this case. No need to bother people with things they don't need to know and can't change.

Comment

Eli should of been quiet, he could of caused a bigger problem later on...

Comment

eli's going to feel 2 inch's tall around everyone for a while but he'll get oer it
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

First Post! huzzah!

I, also, agree with Rush and the other posters. He attitude was appropriate for the situation. Eli is very much a fish out of water with everything happening. He has good values and good character, but there is a time and place for everything. His character has plenty of room to grow and mature in a much more complex character who can make decisions on his own and take charge of a situation should it come to it. I, personally, find Rush to be one of the more enthralling characters on the show. There's never a dull moment with Rush around.

Comment

Can i green Rush for putting the petulant immature kid in his place?

i would really like to

seriously, eli's actions were completely uncalled for

no wonder Chloe isn't attracted to him
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Rush was completely justified in chastising Eli the way he did. Eli has no leadership experience, that we know of, and therefore doesn't know when to keep certain tidbits of info to himself.

Comment

Yeah,

I have to agree about Rush doing the right thing. All that Eli was doing was spreading fear and panic around cause he was scared about the aliens. While that is perfectly understandable, being scared that is, when you're in a situation like that the worse thing to do is spread it to other people. After Rush v-slapped him around though he seemed to wise up and go back to trying to solve the problem. He didn't really do anything for the rest of the episode, but at least he was acting more like an adult and not complaining.

Rush, while his motives and reasons might be murky and hard to figure out, he seems to do the right thing at the right time. So far, the ends have justified the means though we'll see how long that lasts.

- CB
                        Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
                        Then, you're a mile away ... and you have his shoes.

Enjoy Online Roleplaying? So do I! Contact me over any listed IM program to learn about my Online Roleplaying Website! (E-Mail me first if you plan to contact me through MSN, I have privacy mode enabled.)

Or join my Roleplaying Group, and I'll contact you!

Comment

Rush was absolutely right to do what he did. Eli needs to learn when to close his mouth once in a while.
                          "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Did anyone else think the "38 minutes" thing was just brilliant?

We as fans spent so many years ingrained to the concept that I can't believe that I was the only one who heard Eli shocked about the idea and thought "Who the hell is this guy?" just like most of the Destiny crew must think of him.

It was a nice trick, Mr. Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                              Did anyone else think the "38 minutes" thing was just brilliant?

We as fans spent so many years ingrained to the concept that I can't believe that I was the only one who heard Eli shocked about the idea and thought "Who the hell is this guy?" just like most of the Destiny crew must think of him.

It was a nice trick, Mr. Cooper.
                              When I saw that I had a line from Daniel Jackson in Season 9 run through my head. just got through it and season 10 while on vacation here, where he yells at Cam and says, "Don't touch that....HEY, new guy!!!" all I could think was... "Hey, new guy!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X