Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What other Stargate civilizations could dial Destiny?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What other Stargate civilizations could dial Destiny?

Despite unlimited access to the Ancient database in Atlantis and the Asgard Legacy, the Tau'ri still have a long way to go to become the most advanced civilization in our corner of the galaxy.

Even so, by luck and ingenuity, they not only deciphered the ninth chevron puzzle, but also devised a way to harvest enough power to establish a wormhole to a ship located billions of light-years away from Earth.

Throughout SG-1 and SGA, we've come to know lots of civilizations, many of them far more advanced than Earth in all fields of science, including power generation and Stargate technology.

Questions:

1) Which of those civilizations could replicate Earth's feat in dialing Destiny?

2) How would they do it?
    sigpic

1) The Nox
    2) They'll do the same thing that all stargate civilizations do. They'll invent/find some magic Deus Ex Machina device. Or they'll just find a planet with the same properties as the Icarus planet. Using black hole could probably work too.
    Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 29 October 2009, 09:33 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

The Tollan......and don't tell me they are gone, cause I choose to believe that some survived and there are some still out there rebuilding.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

The Aschen - they're still out there I'm sure. Though they didn't have a lot of gate addresses, they'll sooner or later figure out more about how the gates work.

Comment

They'd have to:
          • Know the Destiny's Address
          • Know Earth's PoO
          • Be able to reprogram the Gate to recognise Earth's PoO as a Glyph
          • Have enough power to dial the 9th Chevron

The Nox might be able to, but they don't seem a very adventuring race.
          The Lost Tribe Asgard don't seem to use the Gates, and Pegasus' Gates can't dial intergalacticly without a control Crystal.

And I can't think of any other advanced enough races.

Comment

I think the Asuran and the Asgard are a given. Both of those civilizations had access to Ancient knowledge, including Stargate tech, and could build as many ZPMs/Neutrino Ion Generators as necessary to dial Destiny.

The Asuran, in particular, were described as having all the knowledge of their creators and seemed to emulate them in every aspect. Heck, they've even built an Atlantis replica... Who says they didn't build their own version of the Destiny?

...which is probably why TPTB killed them all
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post
              The Aschen - they're still out there I'm sure. Though they didn't have a lot of gate addresses, they'll sooner or later figure out more about how the gates work.
              By the time they do.. humans will be asgard level advanced.

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
              1) The Nox
              2) They'll do the same thing that all stargate civilizations do. They'll invent/find some magic Deus Ex Machina device. Or they'll just find a planet with the same properties as the Icarus planet. Using black hole could probably work too.
              The Nox don't do anything.

They are a useless race if you ask me.

Comment

An interesting question and I think the answer would be really intriguing if you contemplate the possibility of someone dialing the Destiny gate not of one of the races/galaxies we know but...someone new from someplace new.

I mean, it wasn't too hard to dial Destiny from the AirIII planet....who else could do it along the trip?
                If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Given that Destiny has been flying for millions of years it is possible that some other civilizations have already dialed destiny & then died out...

It's possible that we may find out about it in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by CSESL View Post
                    Given that Destiny has been flying for millions of years it is possible that some other civilizations have already dialed destiny & then died out...

It's possible that we may find out about it in the future...
                    I'm thinking that's the case to.
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Its also possible that some advanced alien race on the side of the Destiny part of space also have mastered the Stargate technology and could divide a way to send our people back to earth.

I actually think its one of their best best bet to get back to earth. The other one being taking control of the ship themselves (maybe with the help of milky way aliens through the stones) and do the same thing (finding power etc) on their own. They did it one time on Icarus after all.
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

The Nox and their magical abilities could probably dial Destiny....

Comment

the ancient built Destiny and the seeder ships to do what.....explore the universe. they intended to use them and they didnt want anyone else to use them

Comment

The Asurans (unlimited ZPM's), the Tollan (with enough of their fancy hand-held generators), & maybe the Asgard before their mass suicide (with the right power supply).

Comment

I was under the impression that the Aschen were a fairly weak race in the grander scheme of things and not just because they had very few addresses. More advanced than Earth initially and the vast majority of the other human civilisations in the galaxy yes, but certainly not a match for the goa'uld let alone the asgard or the advanced earth with asgard/ancient technology.
                              I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X