Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Can Jaffa Host?

Don't know if this has been covered before , but what happens if a Goauld were to take over a Jaffa? Would the little snake in its belly be expelled a la Alien style? can it even take over the Jaffa as a host?

( like if the original hosts body were to be injured and the choice was dying or jumping into the Jaffa..)

Default Re: Can Jaffa Host?

Yeah, good question. There's a blank in my mind right now because if this HAS been addressed on the show or by the official word of the writers, then I haven't seen the episode or read the interview.

Hey, come to think about it... I wonder if more than one Goa'uld could take control a host? Like two Goa'ulds are better (worse!?) than one ?

Do Goa'uld themselves have perfect health with the symbiote wrapped around the spine and into the brain of the host? (Apart from the sarcophagus thing.)

It has been covered in a few episodes, though the only one I can remember right now is "1969". A Goa'uld cannot take over a Jaffa that still has a primta. However, Teal'c said in "1969" that if his symbiote matured, it would take over his body. So a jaffa can be a host, but only if he has no symbiote.

AFAIK a goa'uld can't take a Jaffa as a host I think it has something to do with physiology. That's why goa'uld have human (and not a Jaffa) servents because it's handy to have a potential host around if they need one. (Summit/Last Stand)
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Thanks for clearing that up for me BCM And also, in that one episode where Teal'c fights off with a leader of rebel Jaffa, it turned out he wasn't a Jaffa, but a Goa'uld. I think that the Goa'uld don't have the big X's in their stomach, while the Jaffa do?

I think they all have the big X on them for the symbiote to be removed if needed

Yeah the big X would kind of ruin the "perfection" of the body for some Goa'uld who are particularly vain.

uknesvuinng, based on what you said, it seems to imply then that a symbiote either in the pouch or wrapped around the spine -- either way! -- will grant the benefits of health and all that, right? I guess it makes sense looking at other examples like Jacob Carter. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    I think they all have the big X on them for the symbiote to be removed if needed
    So your saying even the To'kra/Goa'uld have the big X?

In that episode, To'kra part 2 where Selmak transferred into Jacob, the symbiote went from and through a mouth. Is that a only 'To'kra' thing to do?

If memory serves me correctly, Tok'ra choose the mouth because they find making a scar through the back of the body to be distatesful and a sign of "forced entry".

Quote Originally Posted by Torley
    If memory serves me correctly, Tok'ra choose the mouth because they find making a scar through the back of the body to be distatesful and a sign of "forced entry".
    I meant when leaving the body

Oh, good question.

Well... hmmm if a host ceases to be useful to a Goa'uld, it prolly wouldn't care a whole lot and would exit the body the most convenient way available -- especially if it was during a heated battle or something. I don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Torley
    Oh, good question.

Well... hmmm if a host ceases to be useful to a Goa'uld, it prolly wouldn't care a whole lot and would exit the body the most convenient way available -- especially if it was during a heated battle or something. I don't know for sure.
    The whole thing gives me a headache.

Only Jaffa have the 'X' on the body because they are basically just living incubators

Goa'uld enter through the back of the neck, usually, probably because it's easier to surprise a person from behind and force their way in.

Tok'ra enter through the mouth because they feel that the back of the neck is "forced entry" and it doesn't leave an ugly scar.

as for leaving the body, AFAIK goa'uld and tok'ra will leave the easiest way posible, which I would normally assume to be the mouth because the goa'uld/tok'ra would be able to see who is infront of/around them right before they "detached" from the host.

Of course I could be wrong on some of those points
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    AFAIK goa'uld and tok'ra...
    I understood and agree with your whole post, but this caught my attention. What exactly is AFAIK? Is it... 'As far as i know' ? I just want to make sure

Yes, that's what it stands for!

Thanks Torley

I've been going around threads seeing that, and i'm like "What?"

I guess I kinda figured they would be able to enter the hosts body and then rip out the snake from the stomach, after all its just an immature baby and the goauld aren't all that "parental"

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

well, you're right. in 1969 teal'c said if junior grew up, he'd take him as a host. then in the tomb, he said he couldn't be blended while he had junior. (i'm presuming tomean that humans are a single occupancy dwelling. they can't host a snake and incubate one at the same time)

my guess is, like in the case of k'tano, the goa'uld ripped the snake from the jaffa's pouch (something relatively easy to do) then took him as host.

as to the X. i'm sure there will be a scar, but in bane janet said 'the pouch was already starting to heal' so i'd imagine they're like piercings, if there's not something in them to keep them open, they'll eventually grow over

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    well, you're right. in 1969 teal'c said if junior grew up, he'd take him as a host. then in the tomb, he said he couldn't be blended while he had junior. (i'm presuming tomean that humans are a single occupancy dwelling. they can't host a snake and incubate one at the same time)

my guess is, like in the case of k'tano, the goa'uld ripped the snake from the jaffa's pouch (something relatively easy to do) then took him as host.
    Or he just slapped a gold "v" on his own forhead and killed his first prime. Since Imotep was a minor goa'uld no rebel Jaffa is lilely to know hos or his first primes face and be able to call his bluff.

Banner By JME2

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazedwraith
    Or he just slapped a gold "v" on his own forhead and killed his first prime. Since Imotep was a minor goa'uld no rebel Jaffa is lilely to know hos or his first primes face and be able to call his bluff.
    that's possible, but i thought that k'tano portrayed himself as a first prime who'd killed his goauld and led his men to freedom, so it was in his advantage to possess k'tano and impersonate a jaffa rather than starting off having to establish his credibility