The Destiny's shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
    It only struck me today after watching it again, but i believe the Destinys shields are more powerful than any other ship we have seen so far. None of the Tau'ri ships could even approach the sun as we saw in Atlantis when the wraith virus took over the ship, they would have all been doomed because of the radiation.

Doesn't it make you wonder if the ships has such superior shields then what weapons might it have, and why didn't the other ancient ships have such powerful shields?

This also makes me think about power, why did the ancients not power their other ships on this 'solar energy' to me it seems far superior.

What do you all think?
    acutally it's more a question of power than the shielding itself

basically the shields held because the sun was providing all the power needed to protect against itself :|

Comment

what are you guys talking about??
      we have seen even a gould mothership enter a sun's choronasphere in season 5 ep 1 enemies during the the battle between apophis and the replicators and it's shields lasted for 1-2 hours i cant remember exaclty.

compared to other shield technologies gould is one of the weakest so its not such a big deal..

also there is no direct way of comparing shield technologies. from what we have seen so far atlantis's shields were most powerfull, no toher ship could stand against weapons fire for several days/months.

Comment

Originally posted by noxxy66 View Post
        what are you guys talking about??
        we have seen even a gould mothership enter a sun's choronasphere in season 5 ep 1 enemies during the the battle between apophis and the replicators and it's shields lasted for 1-2 hours i cant remember exaclty.

compared to other shield technologies gould is one of the weakest so its not such a big deal...
        Good catch. Though iirc the radiation was an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
          @latvian_stargatefan & karoush47

Sorry guys but that makes no sense at all. You're effectively saying that Destiny is technologically superior to Atlantis and Aurora class ships, which is obviously untrue.

The "height" of the British Empire was over 100 years ago. So, single-shot Enfield rifle, or an SA80? Nuff said.
          have you tried an sa80, seriously, there rubbish, hard to maintain and jam all the time, unlike an older gun, like lets say the ak47, simple, easy and will work even when full of mud, simple and older dont allways mean rubbish, and earlier posts are correct, tech from the romans was lost for many years and only reinvented in some cases 1000 years later. things can be lost or forgotten over time especialy when you are dealing with a civilisation that suddenly declines and dissaperes, lust like the ancients, just like the romans. what part ofd this is so hard to take it? we have actial proof that advanced civilisations coud invent things that could be simply lost for centuries. another point is the myans, they places stones together so perfectly that even today after the ravages of time we cant force a razorblade between the gaps, how did they do it, we dont know today and its 2009 HELLOOOOOOO

Comment

Working...
          X