Star Trek Music Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Music Discussion/Appreciation

This is a thread to discuss what you think about Star Trek music.

Personally, my favorite tracks are the "Insurrection" theme, the "Star Trek XI" long theme, and the "Voyager" theme. I also like the Motion Picture Klingon theme.

Thoughts?

Far and away my favourite two pieces are "The Battle for Peace" and "Sign Off" from The Undiscovered Country. Just perfect pieces to mark the end of the Kirk era, and from a newcomer to the franchise no less. It's should probably come as no surprise to anyone that I think the entire sequence, from the battle over Khitomer to the end of the sign-off, is pretty much the most flawlessly put together pieces in the history of the franchise.

There's a number of tracks on the First Contact soundtrack that I love too, though I can't remember which they are offhand. The main (intro) theme to Insurrection is a pretty beautiful piece of music as well.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The music that plays as the Dominion fleet attacks DS9 in 'Call to Arms' is one of my favourite pieces of music from Trek.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The music for when the Jem'Hadar and Starfleet forces clash in The Siege of AR-558 is incredible. Sorrowful and stirring at the same time--beautifully done. I've been wishing that a soundtrack for that episode would be released but nothing yet.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X