Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Smallville will return for a 10th season??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think that Smallville will return for a 10th season??

TVGuide.com: What are the prospects of a 10th season right now?

Souders: We’re just going gung-ho. We are planning to break a season finale and not a series finale. We have our fingers crossed. The fans have just been amazing. Nobody knew what was going to happen when we moved to Friday night and the fact that fans showed up and have been enjoying the show, it’s meant everything to us and I know it’s meant a lot to the studio and the network. I think that’s given us a much better chance of coming back for Season 10. We’re hopeful.
    http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/27...s-finale/31819

'Smallville' exec to fans: 'We're pushing for a 10th season!'

Smallville hasn’t even crossed the midway point of season 9 and already talk of a possible 10th season is heating up — and not just among fans. “We are really, really pushing for season 10,” executive producer Kelly Souders tells me. “We really hope it happens.”

Although the show lost a good chunk of viewers since moving to that ratings kryptonite known as Friday night, the drop-off hasn’t been nearly as disastrous as some had predicted. And Souders believes that the numbers will rise as the season progresses. “I think the word still isn’t out there that we’re on Friday nights. So if people keep tuning in and telling their friends about it, I think [a 10th season] is quite likely.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/10/...a-10th-season/
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 28 October 2009, 01:17 PM.

I am hoping it will to be honest, and I think that if they are willing to start taking proper steps into Clark being Superman then it would be a great way to keep Welling interested. I think that even after so many years of watching, viewers should be given more than just "Red/Blue Blur" who is dressed in black. I think that it is honestly time to go from Smallville season 10, to Metropolis season 1.

sigpic

Comment

I am definitely pulling for this show getting a tenth season. I really want to watch Clark's further progression into becoming Superman.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hopefully Clark will dawn the official Superman suit...and maybe some more Michael Shanks Hawkman action! A 10th season is quite possible, but it will tie with SG1!

Comment

I don't know. I heard last season the network had a hard time getting some of the actor's to come back, I would rather see this as the last season then too start off next season with new face's.
          sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Hopefully Clark will dawn the official Superman suit...and maybe some more Michael Shanks Hawkman action! A 10th season is quite possible, but it will tie with SG1!
            That is my ultimate hope. Even if it is just in the last scene of the last episode of the series. I really want that to happen.

As for beating SG-1 in number of episodes, I don't really care. SG-1 will always be just as special to me as it is right now.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              That is my ultimate hope. Even if it is just in the last scene of the last episode of the series. I really want that to happen.

As for beating SG-1 in number of episodes, I don't really care. SG-1 will always be just as special to me as it is right now.
              Jeez, I have too many reasons to green you! I think it would be best to put him in the suit in the final scene of the series, a great way to end(I think)!

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                I don't know. I heard last season the network had a hard time getting some of the actor's to come back, I would rather see this as the last season then too start off next season with new face's.
                Well Tom has a contract for aa potensial season 10, after signing a 2 year contractat the start of season 9. As for the others it was never stated.

Comment

I'm all for a season 10 but surely revamping it and as someone said earlier having a metropolis season 1 would be a better way to go.

Comment

I think this season should be the last and it should directly transition into Clark becoming Superman. I think 9 years is enough to make it happen, especially since his persona is becoming more prominent this season.

Then they could go on to use the cast in a movie. I'd love to see Tom Welling play Superman in a movie!

Comment

Originally posted by nekoi View Post
                      I think this season should be the last and it should directly transition into Clark becoming Superman. I think 9 years is enough to make it happen, especially since his persona is becoming more prominent this season.

Then they could go on to use the cast in a movie. I'd love to see Tom Welling play Superman in a movie!
                      That would be great. Maybe one day.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think he would be a better Superman then them casting some tard like Tom Cruise or big name actor to play it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                          I think he would be a better Superman then them casting some tard like Tom Cruise or big name actor to play it.
                          Please don't ever use Tom Cruise and Superman in the same sentence again.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I sure hope for a 10th season even more, tonight's episode was amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                              I sure hope for a 10th season even more, tonight's episode was amazing!
                              It really was great. I can't wait to see where things go from here.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X