Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sci Fi UK to air new Dollhouse episodes before Fox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci Fi UK to air new Dollhouse episodes before Fox?

The official website of UK's Sci FI channel lists Dollhouse episodes 2x05-2x07 in its schedule for November, when the show will be on hiatus in the US.

Of course, it's possible that Sci FI just didn't update their website or it could change. We shall see. However, as for now, 'The Public Eye' is supposed to air on November 10th with 'The Left Hand' and 'A Love Supreme' following it on the 17th and 24th.

http://whedonesque.com/comments/22174

That's a good way to get even worse ratings once those episodes air in the US.

Comment

Why do people always say that? "ZOMG, the ratings are gonna tank if they air eps in the UK first!!11" From what I remember (which admittedly was a few years ago) that didn't seem to have a significant effect on the ratings of OTHER shows. Like BSG. And... did Stargate air overseas first at some point? Seeing eps on a computer generally only whets the appetite so fans are even MORE inclined to tune in when it hits the States. The Wolverine movie was a blockbuster despite- or because of- getting "leaked" online.

There's also the fact that the only ones who'll bother with such machinations will be the hardcore Whedonites and you can be damn sure they'll tune in for the Stateside broadcasts, too, because they know just how fragile the show's ratings are. Not that it'll make a difference in the end, but they'll tune in anyway.
      Last edited by ShadowMaat; 27 October 2009, 09:51 PM. Reason: effect, not affact, oops

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Why do people always say that? "ZOMG, the ratings are gonna tank if they air eps in the UK first!!11" From what I remember (which admittedly was a few years ago) that didn't seem to have a significant effect on the ratings of OTHER shows. Like BSG. And... did Stargate air overseas first at some point? Seeing eps on a computer generally only whets the appetite so fans are even MORE inclined to tune in when it hits the States. The Wolverine movie was a blockbuster despite- or because of- getting "leaked" online.

There's also the fact that the only ones who'll bother with such machinations will be the hardcore Whedonites and you can be damn sure they'll tune in for the Stateside broadcasts, too, because they know just how fragile the show's ratings are. Not that it'll make a difference in the end, but they'll tune in anyway.
        It depends primarliy on the length. If the UK is airing a few days before the US then the Dollhouse won''t be affected that much. But if we go into the UK going weeks or months ahead then the Dollhouse will be affected since US fans will resort to illegal downloading
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          It depends primarliy on the length. If the UK is airing a few days before the US then the Dollhouse won''t be affected that much. But if we go into the UK going weeks or months ahead then the Dollhouse will be affected since US fans will resort to illegal downloading
          No, I get that, thank you, but I'm saying that given the show's terminally low ratings I don't think anyone will give a damn enough to bother downloading... except for the hardcore fans who are going to make a point of ALSO tuning in to the US broadcast in the futile hope that it'll actually make a difference. Put another way: I doubt there are many "casual" fans who would be interested enough to obtain it illegally. IMO if someone cares enough to download it then they're vested enough to also watch the broadcast- particularly if they're in a Nielsen home where such things actually do count.

Maybe I'm way off in my cynical speculations, but TBH is it going to make any difference anyway? I'm pretty sure the show is toast, so even if there IS a significant drop-off (and how would you tell when ratings are already in the toilet) it isn't going to make the show any toastier.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            No, I get that, thank you, but I'm saying that given the show's terminally low ratings I don't think anyone will give a damn enough to bother downloading... except for the hardcore fans who are going to make a point of ALSO tuning in to the US broadcast in the futile hope that it'll actually make a difference. Put another way: I doubt there are many "casual" fans who would be interested enough to obtain it illegally. IMO if someone cares enough to download it then they're vested enough to also watch the broadcast- particularly if they're in a Nielsen home where such things actually do count.

Maybe I'm way off in my cynical speculations, but TBH is it going to make any difference anyway? I'm pretty sure the show is toast, so even if there IS a significant drop-off (and how would you tell when ratings are already in the toilet) it isn't going to make the show any toastier.
            Very true. My best friend has a Nielsen box and she downloads episode but tunes in nevertheless to support the shows with her rating capability.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

they've taken them off now and will air films instead.

Comment

*snip*

It really proves how outdated Nielsen boxes are though, if people who have 'em still acquire their shows elsewhere.
                Last edited by kiwigater; 20 December 2009, 12:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

*snip*

Nielsen boxes are utterly outdated. Those people from the networks should really check out hulu, netflix and similiar venues if they want to know the REAL numbers.
                  Last edited by kiwigater; 20 December 2009, 12:00 PM.
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                  X