Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first saw this episode I thought it was kind of boring. But having seen all of SGU I am switching my opinion. I can do that. It originally seemed boring to have Young and Scott to transverse a toxic planet and saving Scott from that ice hole was too simple. But having seen SGU from start to finish (should of been longer) I think this episode sets the tone for Young. Due to the injury he sustained in the premiere Young did not get a lot of emphasis. As the season goes on that drastically changed but he wasn't used that much in the beginning. So I think the time on the ice planet sets Col Young's values. Specifically he seems to be the person that has lost a lot of people and does not want to lose any more people no matter what. That philosphy is what causes him and Rush to butt heads. But more of that later. Gree + flamethrower= epic. I forgot about the meance of the bugs. And while this story has been done in Stargate before I think it works to show Greer sense of duty and also to highlight TJ's leadership skills. Something that has been lacking in previous episodes as she has been confined to just a medic. I specifically like saying TJ does not trust Greer when she has an idea for the bugs. I am very critical of Rush mainly because I find his actions wrong and sometimes even criminal. But I will give credit where credit is due. He was right when he tells Eli that sometimes adults lie because it is important. I hate to use his end justifies the mean philosphy of the greater good. That is however what happens here. The water is more important as they need it to live
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I think this one started out with me thinking: "Was it really necessary to bring the alien "bugs" back?"
      But as the episode progressed it just got better and better. In the end I didn't mind the bugs, and not even Cloe whining. Johanson was awesome as a leader. And I guess Rush had to lie a little. I'm getting used to that already...

Comment

But without any sort of sensor to determine there WERE bugs in said water, how would they have known about them?

Comment

Johansen said something about seeing them in a microscope, that's all I can remember...

Comment

I got the sense that if they tried communicating with the alien that the alien might have left on their own. Especially at the end when the aliens form a face and nods. Its like they were say we cool, didn't know you were giving us a planet full of water. Could have said something.

However, I kind of dig that they didn't try talking to them. Seems more realistic that way.

Comment

Maybe they were trying to get beyond the SG1 "all aliens can converse to us" way of doing things.

Comment

Working...
              X