Stargate : Regenesis - A brand new Stargate Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate : Regenesis - A brand new Stargate Story

Hello everyone, my name is Nova69. Well, OK it isn't, it's Ryan. I'm from the UK and I'm a MASSIVE Stargate fan! I am writing to tell you about the story I am working on. This is my first go at a story such as this (and the first of many I would like to think!) and I hope it catches on with you fine people as I am a keen writer. Please check it out and leave a comment if you like it, or even if you don't.

About the Story
    My story is called Stargate: Regenesis. It follows the journey of a newly-commissioned UK Stargate Program operating off-world on a planet called Eboras. Since the fall of the Goa'uld and the defeat of the Ori, things have quietened down a little bit in the Milky Way. The International Oversight Advisory (IOA) - for anyone who doesn't know is the International group responsible for overseeing anything and everything relating to the Stargate Program - have decided that any Nation with knowledge of the Stargate must be actively involved in its operations so as to prove their worth and continued participation. As a result of this the UK have been given the opportunity to set up their own Program off-world.

Why Regenesis?
    My show is like a new beginning in many respects. My characters are brand new and just starting out on their own missions and adventures. I figured the name 'Regenesis' was the perfect name to demonstrate this - as well as sounding kinda cool too!

How does it tie in?
    In a nutshell, it takes place roughly the same time as the beginning of Stargate Universe. Approximately three years after the defeat of the Ori in SG-1's season 10 and a few months after Atlantis docks in San Francisco bay at the end of Atlantis' season 5. As I have said before, my characters are brand new but some established characters as well as some famous alien races will be making an appearance or two along the road. One of my characters is in fact related in a big way to an alredy-established character in the series also. So it is not completely separate from the Stargate we all know and love.

What to expect
    My story is character-based. Expect a lot of character development and dialogue especially in the first few chapters and episodes. At the start of the story I attempt to explain the back-story in a little more detail than this thread, establish the characters and relationships between them. I will be the first to admit it's a little slow starting but please please give it time, the chapters will come thick and fast and the action will come I assure you! My story isn't all seriousness, I enjoy writing funny dialogue and this will help keep it light-hearted when I'm trying to explain something so like I say please give it a go. My characters are all different so as they all say there is something for everyone...I hope.

So there you go. Below is a link to my community page on Fan.Fiction. Please take a little time to read and see what you think. Whether you like it or whether you don't, please offer some feedback as it would all be welcome and greatly appreciated. Enjoy and, for anyone who does take a few minutes to read it - a big thank you all the way from the UK!

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2039090/Nova69
    Last edited by Nova69; 10 June 2010, 03:42 AM.
    Check out my Stargate Fan-Fic:
    STARGATE : REGENESIS

I'm intrigued Nova
    sigpic
    Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
    Episode III: Phantasm.
    "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
      I'm intrigued Nova
      Hmmmmm...well thank you Lantean General, I appreciate it. Hope you read and liked the story. Chapter one is the only one on the site at the moment, chapter two will be up there by Wednesday morning (UK time) and I'm working on chapter 3 as of right now. Please feel free to leave a comment on this thread or if you're a member of Fan.Fiction or there instead/as well.

Many thanks again guys and girls.

Comment

what's with all the UK-ing here?

anyway, could and should have potential

Comment

I like it. Its about time the U.K got more involed and I think this story has great potential

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Hey there guys and girls! I'm writing to tell you that Chapter 2 of my story is now on Fan.Fiction and ready to read. I'm hard at work on Chapter 3 right now also so that shouldn't follow too far behind either.

I also want to say a big big thank you once again to anyone who has taken the time to read Chapter 1. For those and for those who have left a comment on this thread also I just want to say I greatly appreciate it. Please keep reading and leaving those comments - good or bad because they are all welcome. The feedback I have gotten so far seems to be positive so I'm chuffed to bits fore that! Anyway, here's another link to my Fan.Fiction community page:

Anyone got anything to say about any of the characters? Feel free to reply here and I'll tell you what you need to know. Thanks once again to all you fine people, enjoy!

Comment

“Almost as lovely as Belfast!”
              Ok Im starting to like this series even more!

So would I be right to assume that this officer Kennedy is Northern Irish?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                So would I be right to assume that this officer Kennedy is Northern Irish?
                Haha! She sure is Brad, proud to be from Belfast too.

She is a true Irish Rose, always friendly always smiling! Thanks for your comments I'm well pleased you seem to be enjoying it.

The 3rd chapter won't be far behind this one so please look out for it buddy.

Comment

Hey there everyone. This is just a quick note to say that I have decided to move my story from the Stargate: Universe category on Fan.Fiction to the Stargate: SG-1 category instead. The reviews I have gotten so far on Fan.Fiction have been positive yet all have suggested my story is in the wrong place so out of respect to the rules I have decided this move is in order.

Nothing else has changed however. The two chapters in my story so far are still there and the third chapter will be added early next week - either monday or tuesday. Please please keep reading and offering feedback coz I would appreciate it as I am an aspiring writer. Here's another link to my community page:

Any comments about the characters are welcome. Any comments about whether you like it so far or you don't are welcome also. Please give it a go.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    what's with all the UK-ing here?

anyway, could and should have potential
                    It's the accent, chicks dig it. Through don't worry, i hear it works the other way around too.

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm just post to apologize to anyone who is waiting for the third chapter of my story that I promised would come early last week. I got a few e-mails saying several people have subscribed to my story which made me feel great and that I was doing something worthwhile - so I guess it's mainly to you people this apology is directed to.

I suppose you could say there have been a few 'technical hiccups' which have stopped me from posting anything on Fan.Fiction. Chapter 3 is done and dusted and chapter 4 is being written right now so they will both be up on the site THE VERY MOMENT my bloody computer starts working properly. (If only we could go back to pen & paper eh...?)

Once again thank you to you guys for subscribing or just taking the time to read it. If you have any comments or thoughts about the story so far or just about any of the characters please post them and I would be very happy to answer them.

Here's the link once again:

Cheers guys & keep reading. Long live Stargate!

Comment

hey is this story still going or has it been cancelled?
                        Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                          hey is this story still going or has it been cancelled?
                          Hey there captain simms. I'm just writing in response to your comment that yes the story is still going and no it definately has not been cancelled at all. Thanks for showing interest I appreciate it very much...and also thanks for your patience!

I don't want to be full of excuses for not posting, such as 'my computer has broke' or anything like that but there have been some developments in my private life - namely moving in with my beautiful girlfriend over christmas. (I know, great timing eh?!) That was a nightmare lol! Then moving my computer from one house to another meant it broke again...so I thought sod it and just got a new one!

I know I've said it before but chapter 3 is getting posted VERY SOON! In fact I am aiming for this evening. If not then tomorrow morning at the latest. I just want to apologize to anyone who has taken an interest in my story and have been waiting for the next bits - I really am sorry. There shouldn't be any more long waits like this one now.

Keep looking out for it guys and as ever, feel free to post your comments or opinions about it. Thanks once again lads and lasses and long live Stargate!!!

Comment

i can only get to chapter 1 wheres the others

Comment

Hey there Gateworld! I am writing to announce that chapter 3 of my story has just been put up as promised on Fan.Fiction! As I said in my last post I am very, very sorry for taking as long as I did, I really hope chapter 3 was worth the wait! As ever I greatly appreciate any feedback good or bad and welcome any posts or questions you have about the story. Chapters 4 & 5 are being written now and should be up soon after.

Here's the link once again guys:

@ guppy338: the other chapters are there brother lol! If you look at the top or bottom right hand corner of the story there is a drop-down box with a blue background saying 'Act 1', drop that box down and 'Act 2' and 'Act 3' should appear! Just choose which one you want brother. Or you can just click on the arrows to the side of that drop-down box and that moves you to the next one too. I hope you enjoy it dude!

Please keep the comments coming or leave a review on Fan.Fiction too if you can. Thanks and all the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X