How did you guys know it was ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.
    Say, given that it was a red dwarf it collected matter from... yeah.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields.

This is why I say that Darkness should have been the first episode, then Air.
      Because if the ship didn't have so many holes to need forcefields and power then that wouldn't have given away that the ship had power in Light.
      Wait, what?

As far as anyone knew, the life support and shields had stopped functioning: we know from "Air" that they can last at least a day without life support. That doesn't really matter, because running air through a filter probably doesn't use too much power.

Furthermore, if you are referring to the lack of air loss as evidence that the shields were still working, then you are dead wrong: in "Air," the problem with the shuttle and other areas was that the shields were only slowing the air loss, not stopping it. In order to actually stop the air loss, they had to close air-tight bulkheads; those bulkheads would still be closed when the power failed, so in any case the loss of the shield wouldn't cause the ship to depressurize.
      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
      - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
      - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
      - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
        1) They can't lose the ship
        2) Ship needs power
        => refuel
        Now that would be a major twist.

"Oh did we forget to mention that the ship and most of the 'regulars' would be lost early on. Sorry bout that."

Comment

From the moment I saw the end of "Darkness" I knew the Destiny was headed to the Star for refueling, I wasn't expecting it to go through it however, awesome stuff.

What I am surprised about though is how the crew never figured that out, or to be more accurate, why the Script writers expected us to be stupid enough to not figure that out, it was obvious, and there is no way people (on board Destiny)that smart wouldn't have figured it out either.
          The ship is supposed to have been going for millions of Years, it would be too much of a coincidence for it to get blown up in a star shortly after everyone arrived.

Comment

I saw it coming. It was a bit unbelievable that no people on the ship did. Space is vast and stars are just little tiny particles of dust compared to that vastness. Even a starsystem is huge compared to the tiny star in the center. Okay the star pulls the ship whit it`s gravity but it was still a red dwarf not a neutron star or black hole or something. Setting the ship`s trajectory towards that little piece dust in the vast space by accident is as likely as winning a lottery. I think Rush suspected it coming trough.

Comment

Come on guys. It was obvious. When an engineer designs a car, he doesn't load it up with 10 years of fuel. He assumes you'll refuel at a gas station every couple of weeks. Same with a space ship. I don't care how advanced you are, you can't load a ship up with 100,000 years of fuel before take off. That much mass would be impossible to move. The ship has to refuel itself along the way. And the only source of fuel that you could guarantee would be present is plasma from the stars.

Comment

it waqs pretty obvious...but very impressive, i though it would use solar panels or something simple,...i was wrong

Comment

Working...
                X