Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How did you guys know it was ...?

seriously i never saw that coming. it looked like an accident of sorts. i mean whos sane enough to have a ship go through a star? the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.

Default Re: How did you guys know it was refueling?

I just figured Destiny intended to do that all along, it knew exactly what its remaining capabilities were and exactly what it needed to do. Thus, if it headed for the sun, it meant to.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Captain

1) They can't lose the ship
    2) Ship needs power
    => refuel

I guess some deduction can be read here since this thread predate the Light episode.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70175

you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.

TV Re: How did you guys know it was refueling?

just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

of course we saw it coming..

maybe not from the ship being dark, but when the star came into the picture..

Quote Originally Posted by Duneknight View Post
    you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.
    One reason: Space Odyssey 2001!!!

Quote Originally Posted by retiredat44 View Post
    just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

of course we saw it coming..

maybe not from the ship being dark, but when the star came into the picture..
    its old but a ship diving into a star like that? i never thought that was feasible with a ship so damaged. i mean if a sun cant hurt you than what can?

First Lieutenant

i thought it would only skim the star to refuel

The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by dosed150 View Post
    i thought it would only skim the star to refuel
    now that makes more sense, you dont really need to go into the star to get hydrogen and uranium or whatever. maybe anti-matter. what did it collect again?

TV Re: How did you guys know it was refueling?

why didn't Atlantis use cold fusion for power, after all, being in the middle of the ocean, and the elements making up the water.. didn't they ever explain why it would/would not work?

It was, you just didn't see it much, but one example was when the people got infected by that nano virus, the city locked everything down except for those in hazmats, who were allowed through by the city, once it detected the virus was gone, it released the lockout.

It's just more prominent in Universe, ancients devices in general (the stargate itself) are full of security and life preserving protocols.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.
    yeah that is weird. makes you wonder about how it got wrecked if its meant to be super strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    True, but for all we know those shields we saw were just containtment shields and not functioning properly/damaged, the main shield could be fine.

yeah that is weird. makes you wonder about how it got wrecked if its meant to be super strong.
    It has an ancient shield, and as we know, so long as power is there, they've been consistently shown to defend against anything. Destiny only needed to collect power and so some of it could have augmented the shields whilst it was in the corona.

Similiar to how on atlantis they stopped the gate exploding by encapsulating it in the city shield, now that did burn out after a minute or two, but Destiny was in the sun for around a minute or so I believe, so it makes sense to me that it came out of it before its emitters were fried.

seriously i never saw that coming. it looked like an accident of sorts. i mean whos sane enough to have a ship go through a star? the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.
    The ship has to have some sort of reactor. Star Plasma will eventually cool to inert hydrogen so that hydrogen likely is fueling a power plant.

I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields. So when Rush said, Our power is....gone, all our reserves....are gone...I knew that was a set up because it wasn't true, they still had power.

Angst:
    This is why I say that Darkness should have been the first episode, then Air.
    Because if the ship didn't have so many holes to need forcefields and power then that wouldn't have given away that the ship had power in Light.

If you knew the ship had power and the trajectory was not accidental (which would be an astronomical coincidence of the highest order....

Then you knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureus View Post
    It has an ancient shield, and as we know, so long as power is there, they've been consistently shown to defend against anything. Destiny only needed to collect power and so some of it could have augmented the shields whilst it was in the corona.

Similiar to how on atlantis they stopped the gate exploding by encapsulating it in the city shield, now that did burn out after a minute or two, but Destiny was in the sun for around a minute or so I believe, so it makes sense to me that it came out of it before its emitters were fried.
    corona always sounded sexy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    The ship has to have some sort of reactor. Star Plasma will eventually cool to inert hydrogen so that hydrogen likely is fueling a power plant.

I knew the ship was going to refuel because of it's course at the end of the episode and that the ship wasn't completely out of power like Rush said. They still had life support and partial shields. So when Rush said, Our power is....gone, all our reserves....are gone...I knew that was a set up because it wasn't true, they still had power.

Angst:
    This is why I say that Darkness should have been the first episode, then Air.
    Because if the ship didn't have so many holes to need forcefields and power then that wouldn't have given away that the ship had power in Light.

If you knew the ship had power and the trajectory was not accidental (which would be an astronomical coincidence of the highest order....

Then you knew.
    what made you so sure though. anything couldve happened.

i used to play a game in 1984 called elite on the bbc micro, had to pull a similar maneuver to get free fuel.

not INTO a star admittedly, that's ridiculous! just had to skim it in the game.

the idea isn't new.
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast