How did you guys know it was ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you guys know it was ...?

seriously i never saw that coming. it looked like an accident of sorts. i mean whos sane enough to have a ship go through a star? the thought of it collecting some weird matter from stars came to mind but not in this episode, only in the pilot.
    sigpic

I just figured Destiny intended to do that all along, it knew exactly what its remaining capabilities were and exactly what it needed to do. Thus, if it headed for the sun, it meant to.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

1) They can't lose the ship
      2) Ship needs power
      => refuel

Comment

I guess some deduction can be read here since this thread predate the Light episode.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=70175
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.
          sigpic

Comment

just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

of course we saw it coming..

maybe not from the ship being dark, but when the star came into the picture..
            My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
              you guys gotten used to the fact that the ship always knows what its doing. how come Atlantis wasnt equipped with such intelligence? there is a reason people.
              One reason: Space Odyssey 2001!!!
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                just how many sci-fi shows and episodes of ship refueling from stars and nebulas do you have to see before it gets old..

of course we saw it coming..

maybe not from the ship being dark, but when the star came into the picture..
                its old but a ship diving into a star like that? i never thought that was feasible with a ship so damaged. i mean if a sun cant hurt you than what can?
                sigpic

Comment

i thought it would only skim the star to refuel

Comment

The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                      i thought it would only skim the star to refuel
                      now that makes more sense, you dont really need to go into the star to get hydrogen and uranium or whatever. maybe anti-matter. what did it collect again?
                      sigpic

Comment

why didn't Atlantis use cold fusion for power, after all, being in the middle of the ocean, and the elements making up the water.. didn't they ever explain why it would/would not work?
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

It was, you just didn't see it much, but one example was when the people got infected by that nano virus, the city locked everything down except for those in hazmats, who were allowed through by the city, once it detected the virus was gone, it released the lockout.

It's just more prominent in Universe, ancients devices in general (the stargate itself) are full of security and life preserving protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            The only thing that is strange is that with all the shield breaches we saw in the other episode. It didn't seem to affect the Destiny as it dipped into the Sun.
                            yeah that is weird. makes you wonder about how it got wrecked if its meant to be super strong.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              True, but for all we know those shields we saw were just containtment shields and not functioning properly/damaged, the main shield could be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X