Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hathor999
    I´m sorry but for me is it no fun when a TV show propagates such things!

I doubt that the Damien Kindler had meant it that way as he had written "Prometheus Unbound" but making Vala a main character of the show is turning something what I had otherwise seen only as another bad Stargate comedy into a problem!
    Does six episodes count as 'main character'?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I´m sorry but for me is it no fun when a TV show propagates such things!
      Prometheus Unbound didn't propagate anything. The nature of drama is to combine different characters and different circumstances to see how the situation resolves. Some of the characters may be evil, some may be good, most are probably somewhere in between: drama shows us one possible outcome when all those things combine.

I agree that comedy isn't Stargate's strong suit, though.

Later,
      Graculus

Comment

BTW, is there a Daniel/Vala oriented web site/fic site out there yet? (No, I'm not volunteering).

Later,
        Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
          BTW, is there a Daniel/Vala oriented web site/fic site out there yet? (No, I'm not volunteering).

Later,
          Graculus
          ... The episode aired less than a week ago

I'm not volunteering either. I'm running four sites already. One of which I don't have completely remade, another I'm falling behind on putting up new vids, and the other that doesn't just sit there just started with the voting stage.

Comment

I shouldn't have said that. It's possible that very few people regard Ba'al as an interesting character. I apologize for assuming that everyone likes him as a villain, and that they like him for the complexity of his motives. This says a thing about my outlook on Iraq, though.
            Please stop this semantic games! As I said I don´t accept this behaviour in soldiers I don´t talked about Ba´al (a TV show bad-guy) but about soldiers in the real world! And I don´t see why you call Ba´al a soldier I would call him a politician. He is a system lord! Not a Jaffa!
            And yes I think as a villian he is interesting (at least more interesting as the majority of Stargate bad guys) but that has still nothing to do with the Daniel/Vala ship.

Originally posted by Graculus
            I don't think it's possible to say someone is more or less of a sexual molestor. Either what you're doing is molestation or it's not. IMHO, Vala was engaging in flirtation. I also shiver to think that "sexual molestation" is now going to become an easy reactionary trump card that will replace actual discussion, much like some people use "SoapGate" to put down ship without actually thinking about it. It's symptomatic of a world where people just shout without ever listening.

Later,
            Graculus
            I have listend. And I have given my opinion to that what I heard. Why do you cry "reactionary" only because I don´t share your opinion?
            Last edited by Hathor999; 27 December 2004, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
              Does six episodes count as 'main character'?
              Not if it stays by only this six episodes. But I´m pretty sure that she will stay for the whole ninth season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                And comparing Vala to Ba´al is more than strange. Ba´al was presented in very clear terms as the enemy. And I doubt that we will see him ever as a member of SG 1.
                Just a note in passing: Ben Browder is going to be a member of SG-1.
                I don't think Vala is going to join SG-1. I think she's going to be a troublemaker that SG-1 encounters from time to time. Maybe she will even help them out sometimes. But mostly, I think, she is going to cause them lots of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
                  Just a note in passing: Ben Browder is going to be a member of SG-1.
                  I don't think Vala is going to join SG-1. I think she's going to be a troublemaker that SG-1 encounters from time to time. Maybe she will even help them out sometimes. But mostly, I think, she is going to cause them lots of trouble.
                  I hope they don't make Vala a main character.

She's funny and quirky and cool and all, but just nothing that could be handled and shown every week.

Comment

Stopping by to give my 2 cents...

I loved watching Daniel and Vala together! Sure, it was mostly over-the-top and more about sexuality than getting deeper into whatever relationship is building... but it was cute. A once-off thing that they're not going to repeat too much in Stargate. I thought they had great chemistry together, not just because they're both attractive, but because they're both great actors. I'd like to see a little more digging under the surface and less of them jumping each other... but for the tone Prometheus Unbound was going for, I think it worked well.

I'm looking forward to more scenes with the both of them. Hopefully they'll keep the playfullness, but steer it in a new direction. Slapstick is fun for about fifteen minutes, but conversation can be more effective. Daniel's part linguist! Let's see him impress her with his real skills. That's just my opinion though

Right now I'd like to see her as a reccuring character in season 9. Having her and Ben as regulars may turn things into Starscape for me...
                    Chleximpressed <--- by Kliggins

Comment

Usually the shipper web sites go up at the speed of light. I bet there's one up already somewhere...

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

Usually the shipper web sites go up at the speed of light. I bet there's one up already somewhere...

Later,
                        Graculus
                        that's kinda wierd actuly.
                        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Please stop this semantic games!
                          Please clarify what you mean by semantic games. If you point out a semantic issue like inadvisably using the word "we", I will sincerely apologize for it.

Why do you cry "reactionary" only because I don´t share your opinion?
                          The disagreement does not cause me to "cry reactionary". I love to debate (see my exchange with Margaret). My objection was to the use of the label 'molester' as a substitute for argument. Using the label is not the same as having the opinion that molestation occurs: Margaret believes that molestation has occured, and she has been explaining why. I'm just asking you to disagree with me in a way that promotes discussion.

Later,
                          Graculus

Comment

But mostly, I think, she is going to cause them lots of trouble.
                            IMHO, that could be a lot of fun, in action-adventure terms.

Later,
                            Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                              I hope they don't make Vala a main character.

She's funny and quirky and cool and all, but just nothing that could be handled and shown every week.
                              She won't be.

She's going to be a recurring character like Jacob and Bra'tac.

Comment

thought they had great chemistry together, not just because they're both attractive, but because they're both great actors.
                                I couldn't agree more!

I'd like to see a little more digging under the surface and less of them jumping each other... but for the tone Prometheus Unbound was going for, I think it worked well.
                                And I also agree with this...

Hopefully they'll keep the playfullness, but steer it in a new direction. Slapstick is fun for about fifteen minutes, but conversation can be more effective. Daniel's part linguist! Let's see him impress her with his real skills.
                                Again, ITA. And steering things in a new direction may warm people to her character. Some of her more objectionable behavior might be explained, and she might have the opportunity to do some laudable things.

Later,
                                Graculus

Comment

Working...
                                X