No announcement yet.

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't see what would attract Daniel to Vala. He's not into getting beat up.

She's interesting-looking but not "strikingly beautiful."

Is she mysterious and alluring? Well, mysterious, certainly, but alluring? Daniel's immediate reaction was, "You're a fruitcake!"

Does she provide an ego boost? Far from it!

Does he want revenge? A chance to subdue her? Daniel is not into conquest and domination. I gather he prefers egalitarian relationships.

Well, that could be a plus with Vala. Daniel could enjoy a challenge from a woman who was his equal. Although, I don't think he's that competitive. He's more likely to root for her than to compete. Besides, I don't think he would consider being hijacked, bound, threatened with rape, and beaten, "a challenge." Kidnapping and aggravated assault would be more like it.

Does she appeal to the "bad boy" in him, the rebel?

What do we know about Daniel that is really bad?

1) He has an insatiable curiosity about other cultures, the older, the better.
    2) He likes to rib Jack.
    3) He hates the Goa'uld with a passion that sometimes exceeds reason.

I don't think #2 is going to do Vala much good. But #1 or #3 might give her an opening. If she could offer Daniel a chance to strike at the Goa'uld, or something fabulous, like the Library of the Ancients, she'd have an opening.

But I really have to say that her behavior would have to change drastically for Daniel to either like her or be attracted to her. And yes, I know, you don't have to like someone to be attracted to them. I just don't think Daniel is going to be the moth to be attracted to this particular flame.

Comment

that's a fantastic reason for Daniel attract to Vala IMO

Is she mysterious and alluring? Well, mysterious, certainly, but alluring?
      i think she is very alluring maybe Daniel think so too .

maybe. that could be one more reason to attract to Vala.

#1 or #3 might give her an opening. If she could offer Daniel a chance to strike at the Goa'uld, or something fabulous, like the Library of the Ancients, she'd have an opening.
      agree.

But I really have to say that her behavior would have to change drastically for Daniel to either like her or be attracted to her. And yes, I know, you don't have to like someone to be attracted to them. I just don't think Daniel is going to be the moth to be attracted to this particular flame.
      maybe she is too fast for him.we will see what happen in season 9 maybe she makes his world shake and maybe he need some1 to shake his world, maybe he like it. we didnt see any reaction from Daniel to PirateVala, we dont know what he thinks about her and that leave the writer opportunities for Vala and Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
        Personaly I think she is "strikingly beautiful"
        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
          I just can't see what would attract Daniel to Vala. He's not into getting beat up.

Is she mysterious and alluring? Well, mysterious, certainly, but alluring? Daniel's immediate reaction was, "You're a fruitcake!"

Does she provide an ego boost? Far from it!

Does he want revenge? A chance to subdue her? Daniel is not into conquest and domination. I gather he prefers egalitarian relationships.

Well, that could be a plus with Vala. Daniel could enjoy a challenge from a woman who was his equal. Although, I don't think he's that competitive. He's more likely to root for her than to compete. Besides, I don't think he would consider being hijacked, bound, threatened with rape, and beaten, "a challenge." Kidnapping and aggravated assault would be more like it.
          I agree. I think the people who wants Daniel together Vala would like to see him in a sado-masochistic relationship. And I don´t see him as a kind of person who is into something like that. He clearly not enjoyed what Vala had done with him. And I have never seen an episode where he seemed to enjoy it to be tortured. Far away from it. In "Meridian" he even deceied to give up is live to escape the physical and (maybe) psychological pain!

Daniels problem is that tries to often to see the good in the people he meets.
          I´m very glad that he don´t fall to Valas manipultions!

I´m against ship in the show (there is fanfic for that) but when he must be shipped on screen than please with Sarah or Sha´re (if they find a way to bring her back) or even Sam but not with this space-dominatrix!

And Farscape fans please don´t forget that in the next season Ben Bowder will play a main character (suppostly THE maincharacter) in the show. Are you so sure that you not only want Vala together with Daniel because he reminds you of Ben and you will hate the Daniel/Vala ship when BB is there?
          Last edited by Hathor999; 26 December 2004, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
            And dear Farscape fans please don´t forget that in the next season Ben Bowder will play a main character (suppostly THE maincharacter) in the show. Are you so sure that you not only want Vala together with Daniel because he reminds you of John Crichton and you will hate the Daniel/Vala ship when BB is there?
            I would hate it if they put BB character with Vala... she isn't Aeryn, he isn't John why the hell would the writers try that. Anyway like i have said I haven't seen the ep yet so I don't know how the Vala character and the Daniel Jackson characters interact, but sadly if she kicks him around alot I'd probably ship for them lol j/k

Comment

As for me, and I'm a HUUUUUGE Farscape fan and John/Aeryn shipper , I hope Vala and Ben's character will be enemies. Really. And I can hardly wait for the next Vala/Daniel's meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                I would hate it if they put BB character with Vala... she isn't Aeryn, he isn't John why the hell would the writers try that. Anyway like i have said I haven't seen the ep yet so I don't know how the Vala character and the Daniel Jackson characters interact, but sadly if she kicks him around alot I'd probably ship for them lol j/k
                I have seen enough Farscape episodes - Scorpius!- to persume that Sado/Maso elements are very popular among the Farscpape viewers but sorry I find it only disgusting! If there are more episodes than "Prometheus Unbound" or Daniel(or anybody else) has a orgasmus when Ba´al is torturing him in season 9. Than I´m GONE!

Comment

Personaly I think she is "strikingly beautiful"
                  WORD!

Last edited by valaCB; 26 December 2004, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I have seen enough Farscape episodes - Scorpius!- to persume that Sado/Maso elements are very popular among the Farscpape viewers but sorry I find it only disgusting!
                    Excuse me???!!! That wasn't nice. Farscape is MUCH MORE than that. You've seen too little of it.

Comment

Gimme a break with this shipper crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalliope
                        Excuse me???!!! That wasn't nice. Farscape is MUCH MORE than that. You've seen too little of it.
                        Maybe. I have seen the first season (and liked it so far) and many episodes of season 2 and 3. I stopped watching after the show gone too...extreme... for me to feel comfortable with it.

But if my opinion about Farscape is so wrong why goes already the first Stargate episode of the "new era" in exactly the same direction?
                        Last edited by Hathor999; 26 December 2004, 09:43 AM.

Comment

I was kinda of joking there did you not notice the J/K (just kidding)
                          No sorry I have not seen it.

A last thing I want to say about this all. I have nothing against CB. And would Vala be more like Aeryn Sun in Farscape (were she was IMO a no-nonsens soldier type...agressive, brutal but honest and very proud and despite her peacekeeper training sometimes even caring) I would not be so much against the Daniel/Vala relationship!

Comment

No sorry I have not seen it.

A last thing I want to say about this whole thing is that I have nothing against CB. And would Vala be more as Aeryn Sun in Farscape (were she was IMO more no-nonsens soldier type...agressive, brutal but honest and very proud and despite her peacekeeper training sometimes even caring) I would not be so much against the Daniel/Vala relationship!
                            haha but then she would be Aeryn Sun not Vala and that would be a bit more on the typecast side... I would be a bit ticked.

Comment

Oooh, the debate is on!

He's not into getting beat up.
                              Daniel may be interested in someone who clocks in as his equal, though. He's used to being able to beat people intellectually, and he's not used to people who make him work for it. She's a challenge. I don't think she'll be pounding on him unless she's trying to steal a ship from him again.

My vote is Daniel prefers interesting-looking women.

Daniel's immediate reaction was, "You're a fruitcake!"
                              She took away his powers of coherent speech, lol.

Does she provide an ego boost?
                              Is that what a significant other is for? Does Daniel provide an ego boost for her?

Daniel is not into conquest and domination. I gather he prefers egalitarian relationships.
                              I agree. But will anyone feel obligated to beat up anyone once the Prometheus is no longer an issue?

Perhaps. Anyone else notice Daniel lost a lot of his Peaceful Explorer professional facade once he was the only one left on the ship? Then he was all snark and head-squishing. He's repressing a lot.

If she could offer Daniel a chance to strike at the Goa'uld, or something fabulous, like the Library of the Ancients, she'd have an opening.
                              I agree. And Daniel would need to get a chance to get to know her in less harrowing circumstances.

But I really have to say that her behavior would have to change drastically for Daniel to either like her or be attracted to her.
                              I agree that Daniel isn't going to be considering Vala's finer points while she's stomping on him, but I don't think their encounter says anything about her overall behavior. She is, technically, a pirate. She's pursuing a particular way of life, and she knows how to get her job done. This doesn't say anything about whether she's inherently a good or bad person. We would have to know more about her history and motives to make that call.

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

The debate continues...

people who wants Daniel together Vala would like to see him in a sado-masochistic relationship.
                                There's no evidence for this. The fighting was brutal because the prize was extremely valuable. Vala is probably used to encountering resistance when she wants to sieze a ship. She's a small woman who has learned to make the best of what she's got.

I would turn this around and ask whether Aris Boch would engage in a sado-masochistic relationship with Sam if they had become attracted to each other in the course of liberating Boch's people.

clearly not enjoyed what Vala had done with him.
                                Perhaps he didn't enjoy the right cross, but Vala pointed out that he was physically responding to the flirtation.

In "Meridian" he even deceied to give up is live to escape the physical and (maybe) psychological pain!
                                In Meridian, Daniel jumped through a glass window, a significant distance down to the floor, and subjected himself to massive amounts of radiation.

Daniels problem is that tries to often to see the good in the people he meets.
                                Daniel seems to be wary of this trait. He hit Vala back, and he regretted his hesitation when he started to apologize. He knows that a hostile situation may require a different approach.

shipped on screen than please with Sarah
                                I've never seen the attraction to Sarah. Not interesting enough, IMHO.

Are you so sure that you not only want Vala together with Daniel because he reminds you of Ben and you will hate the Daniel/Vala ship when BB is there?
                                Is this a fandom loyalty argument? Surreal. But don't forget that continued interest in Browder-Character/Vala could be used to argue for a triangle rather than a reason to block D/V ship.

Later,
                                Graculus

Comment

Working...
                                X