Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Jackson/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation Thread

Bored with Jack/Daniel/Thor, and now think I see Daneil/Vala sparkage. Bring on the fic and onscreen innuendo. Anyone else shipping for Daniel/Vala yet?

Later,
    Graculus
    Last edited by graculus; 30 December 2004, 10:08 AM. Reason: Indicate Spoilers

I think Browder should get Vala.

I saw some pic with both of them together (must be a photoshop or something) they just look right together.

FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Can you imagine how complicated this could get? UST between Daniel and Vala, UST between Ben Browder's character and Vala. UST between Daniel and Ben Browder. And that's on top of whatever other Daniel pairing you might have a previous loyalty to.

If you're someone who doesn't mind a little USTiness when it's well done, this could be wild. The potential just for displaced rivalry is staggering.

Later,
      Graculus

Comment

im a fan of daniel/sarah. they need at least one good episode. vala and anyone else is fine with me, but it would be kind of weird if browder and vala got together.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Okay, I just watched Prometheus Unbound today and I just have to laugh.

Those two (Daniel and Vala) just seem so quirky with each other.

Did you see the way they were fighting? That was hilarious! (Almost made me laugh as much as the Buffy musical which I also watched today)

They were pulling ears, and hair and what-not lol.

And Daniel was 'squishing her head'. That was great.

They're quirky together, and quirky is cool. Can't wait for her to show up again.

Oh and the part with her dressed as a super-solider and saying how Daniel was attractive and what-not... The look on Daniel's face was priceless lol.
          Last edited by MartoufMarty; 24 December 2004, 09:09 PM.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I think there's undeniable chemistry, enough to shine through a slapstick situation. I hope there's the same level of innuendo when Vala returns, even in a "serious" arc.

My thought is that Daniel gets worked up by people who frustrate him, and her physical strength is a plus in his book. She challenges him, and he respects her abilities. Plus Daniel just looks good when he's sweaty and panting.

On an even shallower level, if that's possible, I think Daniel looks better with someone with dark hair and/or somewhat exotic features. I never bought the string of blonds that paraded by him.

Vala might drive Daniel insane, but I think Daniel's at the Schopenhauerian point where boredom/rut needs to be relieved by anxiety. Vala is stimulating on a lot of levels. I think that the audience now knows her well enough to at least buy some flirtation, later.

I also like the fact that Vala equates to Daniel's age on the show. Daniel is mid-career age with a lot behind him. Daniel is not, and has never been, a post-pubescent young'un. It's nice to see him paired with a woman that reinforces the idea of his character as written.

Later,
            Graculus

Comment

More ship and another 10 million male viewers switch off in droves to something more interesting.
              I really don't need to see a Sex In The City Stargate, thanks.

Comment

Are you proposing that 10 million viewers departed after Prometheus Unbound? I think not. That level of innuendo is harmless.

There are good arguments against ship, but resorting to cheap catch-phrases and hyperbole is not effective. The reason is that it doesn't reflect any thought: just reactionism. Come back with your actual feelings about how innuendo between Daniel and Vala will make the show less interesting.

Later,
                Graculus

Comment

Haven't seen the ep. I just HATE ship stuff of any description. It just BORES me stupid.

Comment

I agree a lot of onscreen ship is forced and can damage the show. At the same time, attraction is one of the fundamental human stories. Why should writers limit their options? I bet when it's done right, you don't even notice it's there: ship should always be secondary to the main theme of a show. Stargate isn't about who is dating who. Shipping just rounds things out.

If you hate Stargate ship, you have a reason to be glad about Vala. She throws a wrench in a few of the traditional fandom ships. Now there's a question of apostasy. Things could get very interesting, indeed. :-)

Later,
                    Graculus

Comment

Sorry but please no! I never liked the way the show deals with ship. (Sam and Jack is the most boring romance I have ever seen!). But Daniel/Vala would be the worsest ship they have ever done. If there must be any ship for Daniel than give him Sarah or bring Sha´ree back or do even Daniel/Sam but not Vala! Sorry but I think that she is the worsest female character the Stargate writers have ever created! (Even Anise/Freya don´t annoyed me so much). I hope desperatly that this time the ship will only happen in fanfic!
                      Last edited by Hathor999; 25 December 2004, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I love Vala and she can be with ever she want, she is SpacePirate after all although Daniel and Vala are cute

Comment

Vala is a great character, with huge potential. Let better writer to pen S9 episodes with her and Daniel and everything will be perfect. David Kemper would be ideal choice

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
                            Anyone else shipping for Daniel/Vala yet?

Only in the realm of fun, games and insane speculation.

I propose Vala kidnap Daniel and take him to Atlantis. Why? Because he wants to go, and she would enjoy the ride!

I favor those who say that Vala is going to be Daniel's Maybourne: someone who is totally untrustworthy who may nevertheless help him out on occasiion. She may save his life one of these days. He may be in the uncomfortable position of defending someone who really ought to be in jail. (Notwithstanding that we don't know of any jail that can hold her.)

Meanwhile, Vala's loopy attraction to Daniel, and Daniel's attendant discomfort are gonna make me laugh. (I can see Sam being amused, too, and trying not to laugh. Nah, she'll laugh. She's gonna razz Daniel about his "fruitcake" girlfriend.)

I like the "SpacePirate" designation! Vala is crazier than Capt. Jack Sparrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
                              Only in the realm of fun, games and insane speculation.

I propose Vala kidnap Daniel and take him to Atlantis. Why? Because he wants to go, and she would enjoy the ride!!
                              i like it . maybe Daniel will like it too...

I like the "SpacePirate" designation! Vala is crazier than Capt. Jack Sparrow!
                              yeah! the name just pop to my head and you'r right she's crazier than Jack Sparrow!!! LOL.
                              Last edited by valaCB; 25 December 2004, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X