Silk Sheets, Big Blankets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
    Where did the silk sheets and big blankets come from?
    Scott has a pile of them on his bed during the shaggin scene.
    My first reaction was "TEYLA'S BED!!!1111!!!!ZOMG!"
    Spoiler:
    Radio Show Host: Today we are interviewing the Artist Fondly Known as Steve, lead singer of the Wraith. He's here to promote their first album, I Am Your Death. Great to have you with us, Steve.

Steve: (hisss)

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      The only thing missing was a bouquet of flowers and a box of dark chocolate for each set of quarters. If they did that, the Ancients would have really been styling.
      The Ori Gideons also left a copy of the Book Of Origin
      sigpic
      Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Hundreds of thousands of years old bed sheets... Oh the dust!
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

They brought the plates, forks, spoons, shampoo, sheets and all with them through the gate. Also Chloe has her big purse with her. That should last a while.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSmeagol View Post
            Where did the silk sheets and big blankets come from?
            Scott has a pile of them on his bed during the shaggin scene.
            There's a whole bunch of those types of questions...crew quaters were obviously fitted out prior to launch, but material composition would surely have degraded over time, unless the material is some type of super fabric!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

If it's true that the Ancients never actually boarded Destiny after it was launched, then there was very little airflow or movement to stir up dust particles. In a sealed environment like a starship, any dust mites, weavles, or any sort of nibbling creature actually surviving the interveaning millions of years or so is highly unlikely.

All in all, Destiny was most likely as good as freeze-dried during it's trip through deep, deep, deep space.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I thought about the bedding as well, but I realize it's just TV show and thought either they were already there or were in one of the containers they brought with them.

It's no big deal to me. I'm not going to over think bedding on the show. Having bedding in one of the containers they brought on board is way more likely than traveling through a wormhole to a star ship across the universe that travels faster than light.

Comment

I think the actual beds were already there. And I think those beds could easily have been constructed in a manner or created from a material so that they would still be here, after all these years. The sheets they probably brought with them.

ETA/
                  It would have been pretty boring to seem them haul all that material through the gate, and also sorting all of that material out, as to distribute it for all members.

Comment

I think maybe we're finding out that the Destiny is a nursery ship. Inhabitants expected to be about 5 years old.

The ship seems to take care of itself, and its inhabitants without much intervention.

Lots of cuddly blankies.

The food is paste.

Comment

Having nice plush accommodations available would fit well with my current theory on the Destiny's actual purpose.

Not sure if it's really a spoiler because I have no idea if it's true but I'll throw some tags up if you wish to skip:

Spoiler:
                      Follow me on this...

Ancients sent seed ships to survey systems and plant gates at possibly habitable planets.

Ancients sent Destiny to follow those ships and put a stargate aboard so they could dial the Destiny and gather information about those systems and planets from it remotely.

The Destiny does NOT have the power to dial back to the Earth once sufficiently far away, the ancients would have known this. That makes any boarding of the ship, a one way trip.

There are crew quarters, life support, water reserves, etc and shuttle craft to support a crew at least temporarily. These could easily have been replenished from earth.

That leads me to the conclusion that it is effectively a roaming hotel to temporarily house ancient colonists of distant galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by beafly View Post
                        Having nice plush accommodations available would fit well with my current theory on the Destiny's actual purpose.

Not sure if it's really a spoiler because I have no idea if it's true but I'll throw some tags up if you wish to skip:

Spoiler:
                        Follow me on this...

Ancients sent seed ships to survey systems and plant gates at possibly habitable planets.

Ancients sent Destiny to follow those ships and put a stargate aboard so they could dial the Destiny and gather information about those systems and planets from it remotely.

The Destiny does NOT have the power to dial back to the Earth once sufficiently far away, the ancients would have known this. That makes any boarding of the ship, a one way trip.

There are crew quarters, life support, water reserves, etc and shuttle craft to support a crew at least temporarily. These could easily have been replenished from earth.

That leads me to the conclusion that it is effectively a roaming hotel to temporarily house ancient colonists of distant galaxies.
                        Personally, I don't think the Ancients would have problems with dialing back and forth between earth and the Destiny. For them the 9th chevron is not a mystery at all, but just a feature.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

They still would need the right amount of energy though. I hope this (dialing back to Earth and why this isn't possible now there's enough energy now) will be addressed in the upcoming episode, "Water". Hopefully it will.

Comment

The ancients bulid to last I have no problem accepting the ancients could create super duper bead sheats. I have a feeling the Destiny was the ultimate creation of the Ancients. The be all end all of their knowledge. They would spare no expense, it would be thier ultimate legacy. Then when it finally went on its mission this happend.

"Hey guys! Fred just converted to pure energy!"

and Destiny was promptly forgotten.
                            sigpic
                            Doci of the BAG

Comment

Must have been in Scott's backpack, he likes to take his blankie with him wherever he goes.
                              sigpic

Comment

close to 95% of dust is actually skin cells and particulate of hair/animal fur. Without people or animals on board, there would be very little, if any, dust on board. Also, if the fabrics are synthetic they could last plenty of years in what would have been a fairly sterile environment of a ship flying through space. Especially if they are made of carbon nanotubes enmeshed in microfiber, technology we are currently only just now figuring out how to use, but the ancients could have already had for generations.

Also, I would expect we will be finding some sort of arboretum somewhere on destiny in the near future. God, I hope it has squirrels that were left to evolve alone on the ship for a few million years!

Comment

Working...
                                X