This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will/Should Eli lose weight?

I'm curious do you guys think Eli will lose weight or will it be like that character on lost. Who stays the same even though he should lose weight?

Any ideas if the writers will make the actor lose weight? It will add realism, but them again it's a Sci-fi show so really wouldn't matter

I think Eli will lose weight because he mentioned exercising with Greer, plus since they are on rations his caloric intake will drop dramatically.

I doubt TPTB will "make" David Blue lose weight (*imagines Brad Wright holding Blue at gunpoint*), but losing weight is the goal for most overweight people, so I don't think Blue would object to the idea.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

In should, in every sense, but probably won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
        I'm curious do you guys think Eli will lose weight or will it be like that character on lost. Who stays the same even though he should lose weight?

Any ideas if the writers will make the actor lose weight? It will add realism, but them again it's a Sci-fi show so really wouldn't matter
        Actually, Hurley on Lost did lose weight, it just wasn't that apparant. Plus, 3 months isn't an awful lot of time to lose a significant ammount, especially as they didn't seem to be on such strict rations or excersizing.

Comment

technically its been 2 days since theyve been aboard destiny, if the rest of the episodes take place over a few weeks he wont lose much weight..suddenly not eating a lot wont make you lose heaps of weight, neither will not eating (it actually does nothing...until its kills you)

Comment

I've always found it odd that people are stranded on a deserted island, yet the guy who is 300 lbs has not lost a pound (think they had a plot hole of hidden food found on LOST to cover that).

Oddly enough, actors tend to put on weight when they get a show like this, as well, regular work, regular meals

I suppose a subject like that would be something between producer and actor, but it happens more often than not with the women: You've got to lose ten pounds. You look fat. That sort of garbage. Think it's rare that the men get that kind of speech.

Comment

david blue isn't fat to begin with ........
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                no, he's not fat, but he does have a little, er, around the middle (no offense meant to the actor).

Comment

We don't know that they're going to be on food rations for a long time, they could come across a planet that has lots of potential food sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    You got that right!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      We don't know that they're going to be on food rations for a long time, they could come across a planet that has lots of potential food sources.
                      Or space pizzas......mmmm space pizza.

Comment

all the fat carrying folks on board will be losing it at a pound a day

They're basically on a lean version of the atkins diet.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                          So MacDonald's has branched out, eh?

Comment

He seems fine to me....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              So MacDonald's has branched out, eh?

Yeah, the destiny opened a franchised shop

He definately is not "fat" so to speak. No one is just "fat". But to get at my point, these days if your carrying some extra weight around you are "fat. It is ridiculous, but if your not ideal weight these days you can and will be stereotyped as that. How our society has devolved in certian aspects is beyond me.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Working...
                              X