No announcement yet.

Greer is now officially awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know, I don't think Spencer represents "normal people", the others yes, but not Spencer, the guy is a git. And he isn't particularly cared about by the group. I would definitely not act like Spencer did. However, most of the others were pretty normal in their actions. It is a normal representation of how a whole range, group, of people would act yes.

Anyway, Greer does have his charms on screen.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      I don't know, I don't think Spencer represents "normal people", the others yes, but not Spencer, the guy is a git. And he isn't particularly cared about by the group. I would definitely not act like Spencer did. However, most of the others were pretty normal in their actions. It is a normal representation of how a whole range, group, of people would act yes.

Anyway, Greer does have his charms on screen.
      It's definitely the way I would act and I'd probably voice my opinion that the lottery was rigged for 2 reasons

1. Young drew the names which lends itself to rigging theories

2. As far I can recall examined the names before or after the draw

It may be my typically British cynicism coming into play...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Detritus View Post
        It's definitely the way I would act and I'd probably voice my opinion that the lottery was rigged for 2 reasons

Then like Spencer you probably would have got socked in the jaw. As a Sergeant, Spencer should be supporting Young in whatever decision he makes, that’s his job. If it wasn’t for the fact they thought they were about to die Spencer would be up on very serious charges.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
          Then like Spencer you probably would have got socked in the jaw. As a Sergeant, Spencer should be supporting Young in whatever decision he makes, that’s his job. If it wasn’t for the fact they thought they were about to die Spencer would be up on very serious charges.
          Perhaps even shot during a time of war? Certainly during the two world wars he would have been. That was nothing but cowardice.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend11 View Post
            Perhaps even shot during a time of war? Certainly during the two world wars he would have been. That was nothing but cowardice.
            Unlikely to be shot nowadays but if he’d tried that in Iraq or Afghanistan he’d have been hit over the head by a Sergeant Major, removed from the field, sent back home and court-martialled for inciting a munity.

Comment

Unlikely to be shot nowadays but if he’d tried that in Iraq or Afghanistan he’d have been hit over the head by a Sergeant Major, removed from the field, sent back home and court-martialled for inciting a munity.
              Well, he did get whacked by a Master Sergeant, removed from the field of discussion, and is being looked at for shipped home. Getting to the court-martial might be difficult, though

That scene is when I really began to see Greer through new eyes. The way he supported Young regardless of his own status is just sheer awesomeness on his part.
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Do you know if fragging a rogue commanding officer actually happens these days....or have I been watching too much TV? Say the lads believe if they go into battle with 'such a commanding officer' in charge, they believe he'll get them killed...so the officer gets 'accidentally' killed by friendly fire in the heat of battle?

Comment

The Marines from 1st Recon didn't frag Captain America or Encino Man in Generation Kill and they were two of the most incompetent combat officers I've ever read about.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Detritus View Post

3. i can see the pixels

Comment

Working...
                    X