How Christian of him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Christian of him.

Im starting to have a problem with Scott here. We have been shown in a flashback that he regrets and has a sense of guilt for having sex with a 16 year old girl.

Lets now fast-forward to the present of SGU. Scott here has now knocked up 2 girls in the time of a few days. He seems to show no regret in doing it, contrary from his experiences in the past. Now im not saying he is a non-christian, all people sin whether they are christian or not. What im saying is that he is not even trying not to sin. They should have had him questioning himself after he had sex with Chloe.

Another problem i have is that there is no "love" in there sex act. They are just doing it for pleasure and comfort. They are degrading the act of sex (imo).

He should have been more responsible and think before acting (especially as a christian man). For one, he was not wearing a condom (i think), he could have given Chloe an STD or gotten her pregnant. Maybe he even stole her virginity.

Does anyone have a problem with this other then me? His whole character seems contradictory and a paradox. It would be nice to show him in a scene in a later episode praying and admitting his sin.

Maybe he needs an hallucination of his priest to give him advice....but that would be to much like BSG.

It just seems to me that they are making out Scott to be more of a Whore then a Christian man who has faults and is trying to correct them.
    Last edited by haloplayer; 24 October 2009, 02:23 PM.

Originally posted by haloplayer View Post
    Im starting to have a problem with Scott here. We have been shown in a flashback that he regrets and has a sense of guilt for having sex with a 16 year old girl.

Lets now fast-forward to the present of SGU. Scott here has now knocked up 2 girls in the time of a few days. He seems to show no regret in doing it, contrary from his experiences in the past. Now im not saying he is a non-christian, all people sin weather they are christian or not. What im saying is that he is not even trying not to sin. They should have had him questioning himself after he had sex with Chloe.

Another problem i have is that there is no "love" in there sex act. They are just doing it for pleasure and comfort. They are degrading the act of sex (imo).

He should have been more responsible and think before acting (especially as a christian man). For one, he was not wearing a condom (i think), he could have given Chloe an STD or gotten her pregnant. Maybe he even stole her virginity.

Does anyone have a problem with this other then me? His whole character seems contradictory and a paradox. It would be nice to show him in a scene in a later episode praying and admitting his sin.

Maybe he needs an hallucination of his priest to give him advice....but that would be to much like BSG.

It just seems to me that they are making out Scott to be more of a Whore then a Christian man who has faults and is trying to correct them.
    In real life there are priests that mollest children. Scott is by no means the worst christian out there.
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I am not watching another episode of this show until both Cloe and sex-boy dies or leaves the show. Someone PM me when this happens.

Comment

Isn't their enough threads on Scott already!?
        But yeah, I don't like Scott much at all. Not a very good Christian!

Comment

So what character can’t have flaws now? They have to be perfect, nice and moral. Scott’s problem is he might be a brave young officer but he shags everything that moves. Mind you I really think him banging Chloe is Light was acceptable, I know if I thought my chances of survival were slim, be it on the ship or on a barren planet, I'd jump into bed with the first available girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
            In real life there are priests that mollest children. Scott is by no means the worst christian out there.
            Im not saying he is the worst christian. However i do have a problem with him knocking up 2 chicks and not showing remorse at all, while showing guilt for just knocking up 1 chick. Makes no sense.

Comment

Um. Getting laid does not mean the same thing as "knocking up" *snicker*
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

All christians doesn't have sex until they're married.

Yeah right. The easter bunny is real too.
                sigpic

Comment

Lets now fast-forward to the present of SGU. Scott here has now knocked up 2 girls in the time of a few days. He seems to show no regret in doing it, contrary from his experiences in the past. Now im not saying he is a non-christian, all people sin weather they are christian or not. What im saying is that he is not even trying not to sin. They should have had him questioning himself after he had sex with Chloe.

(Snippage)
                  This is a tricky one - I agree with you on the value and sanctity of sex with someone you love, I I don't think we have seen enough of who Scott is to get a clear idea of whats going on in his head. - Having said that, I am begining to think that there is growing evidence to support the theory that he is a sexual compulsive. In a very real sense, he can't help himself. Only time will tell. - I have no doubt though that there will be some sort of repercussions for his actions, if not with Chloe, then certainly Lt James.
                  Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                  Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Im not saying he is the worst christian. However i do have a problem with him knocking up 2 chicks and not showing remorse at all, while showing guilt for just knocking up 1 chick. Makes no sense.
                    If they all enjoyed it, I don't see why there'd be any need to show remorse.

Comment

Welcome to humanity.....

Besides there may not have been precisely love between Scott and Chloe but there was a great amount of feeling there. I mean Chloe admited that he had connected with him on a level that she ad never experienced before and He said that he didn't want to leave on the ship.
                      I agree that it isn't great for people to have sex for the sake of sex. I fully understand why they would and I have no moral or ethical reason for why they shouldn't it's just not something I'd do cos I have to have an emotional connection with a sexual partner....it's just....better in my opinion. But that doesn't neccesarily mean love. Some people just have an instant connection that is incredibly strong. It might not be love but it can develop into that later.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

In one case, Scott's an youngling, who had sex, and has now ruined his path for his future job, being a priest. Which he thought was his calling. Now, he's in the military, on a ship stranded, and could care less.

People these days could care less about the "love" in sex.

When your running from people, the last thing you bring are condoms.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

[QUOTE=haloplayer;10743657]

He should have been more responsible and think before acting

Does anyone have a problem with this other then me? His whole character seems contradictory and a paradox. [\QUOTE]

Truthfully I wouldn't like him either. He never cuddles or talks to girls after, true once he was called away but still you expect some conversation. I don't think his is thinking just reacting. His self assurance that he would be chosen also bugged me. He didn't seem guilty that he was essentially getting a free pass while everyone else had to depend on the lottery. I think that is their point though. The people who you think will be the leaders, who look like Scott, are the ones people depend on outwardly but they fall short. Truthfully I more likely to follow Greer because he was willing to stand by his commander and hit a man to get a job done. He isn't looking to be liked by everyone he is doing his job despite everything. He was the one who went looking for his friend even though he knew he probably wouldn't get back in time. He also doesn't seem to mind that some people don't like him, Scott seems to mind too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Senet View Post
                            If they all enjoyed it, I don't see why there'd be any need to show remorse.
                            Wow you are SO TOTALLY RIGHT. As long as 2 people enjoy it is OK. Then there is NOTHING wrong with an older man having sex with a little girl, if they both enjoy. Thanks for clearing that up for me
                            /sarcasm

Comment

I have a problem with it from the military standpoint. Sounds a bit like conduct unbecoming an officer to me.

As I said before:

Also, as kind of the next man on the totem pole, Scott needs to stop screwing around (literally). We're expected to believe that this guy got to be a 1st Lt. in the Air Force and a junior SGC member and not to have grown up a little more? Yes he has emotional issues, but so far, I've only seen him act like a freaking 16 year old with raging hormones. So far, Eli has been more mature than Scott.
                              So yeah, I agree with haloplayer. This character is one of the reasons why I was afraid of this show. If he weren't there or even a major character, then I'd be a bit more happy, still not perfect, but hey... alas, he's a major character with major holes in him. If he isn't stopped somehow, he'll single-handedly turn this into the Stargate 90210 that we all feared.

Comment

Working...
                              X