These are the wrong people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the wrong people

Is this statement going to be yelled out in every episode?

When they search for food supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they search for water supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they fix the the Destiny's toilet systems, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

How many more times will the writers reinforce that the Destiny's crew are the wrong people for the job?

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post

When they search for food supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they search for water supplies, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

When they fix the the Destiny's toilet systems, will Young yell out that "These are the wrong people for the job?"

How many more times will the writers reinforce that the Destiny's crew are the wrong people for the job?
    Its a major theme of the series and their only 5 episodes in. Presumbly later on they will fit more comfatably into their roles on the ship after they have some experince.

Comment

I sort of agree, it is getting a bit annoying, but then the writers probably hadn't anticipated how many times this would have been drilled into our heads in various trailers, sneak peaks and other features etc.

Comment

I think it will be repeated along with the line about Rush being a lot of walk. These things don't bother me however. I think it's a good series and i'm enjoying it a lot.
        sigpic

Comment

Its ok. Them being the wrong people at the wrong place. Is the basic premise of the series that makes it different than other spaceship TV series. I don't have a problem with them repeating it to the (new) audience. We're so used to have the best crew ever on spaceship.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Hopefully not again. That scene with Wray/Young made me want to smack him upside the head.

The civilians are pretty much the intellectual elite, with the exception of the inexperienced Chloe. It's possible getting accepted into and getting through Harvard was using her father's influence. But still... Harvard and useless? Young also has geologists, engineers, astrophysicists, Math Boy, and other technical trained personnel.

On top of that he has military muscle, and 2IC Lt. Quagmire who'll seduce any alien females that may be a threat. The enlisted and officers would not even be on Icarus unless they were thoroughly trained, not to mention security clearances and medical screenings can give them more time to prepare.

I was hoping for Jack to tell Young to stop whining an episode or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
              Hopefully not again. That scene with Wray/Young made me want to smack him upside the head.

The civilians are pretty much the intellectual elite, with the exception of the inexperienced Chloe. It's possible getting accepted into and getting through Harvard was using her father's influence. But still... Harvard and useless? Young also has geologists, engineers, astrophysicists, Math Boy, and other technical trained personnel.

On top of that he has military muscle, and 2IC Lt. Quagmire who'll seduce any alien females that may be a threat. The enlisted and officers would not even be on Icarus unless they were thoroughly trained, not to mention security clearances and medical screenings can give them more time to prepare.
              Oh yah.

Maybe the Icarus appointment was like the equivalent of an Alaska (Siberia) appointment on earth. They only send the most troublesome people up there as some form of administrative punishment. So we're stuck on the Destiny with the most incompetent geologists, undisciplined soldiers we can possibly have on the Stargate program.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

I don't mind it, apparently some members of the crew dont fully grasp the situation(darn IOA). It is a good motto for the show. But if I hear it in every episode i'm going to go crazy!

Comment

If these are the wrong people, who were the right people?

Other than Telford and The Dr Who died.... it thought everyone who was going.. made it there?

Rush said they would close the worm hole, analyze the data, then send a team...

Now the dr thats there and young weren't suppose to be there... but there still the right people as they have experiance....
                  67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

not everyone on the base was supposed to go through the gate. Sure, a lot of people who were supposed to go did, but a lot of them were still supposed to be on Icarus Base
                    sigpic

Comment

We know they are the "wrong" people to be out there. That much was certain. Were there better and more able people to be out here? Absolutely. SG1, Sheppard's team... heck even Dr. Lee is more qualified than some of those quack pots they have out there. But are they the worst people possible? No, not by far. You can bet that almost every single one of them was probably hand-picked to be on Icarus. They most certainly had the knowledge and ability to be chosen by the COs to go on that mission. That gives me the hope that, with the proper leadership, they will be able to adapt to their situation and make the most out of it.

So far, leadership has either been Rush or Young. Neither is a good leader alone. Rush is unpopular, yet rational. Young, so far, has ignored a very large problem in his "crew." Before long, under either Rush or Young, we'll have a mutiny. They need to let the past be the past and start getting along better. It will be very difficult for people to disagree with both of them when they are on the same page.

Also, as kind of the next man on the totem pole, Scott needs to stop screwing around (literally). We're expected to believe that this guy got to be a 1st Lt. in the Air Force and a junior SGC member and not to have grown up a little more? Yes he has emotional issues, but so far, I've only seen him act like a freaking 16 year old with raging hormones. So far, Eli has been more mature than Scott.

Comment

"Hey guys I lost my pen, can you help me find it?"

*After 10 minutes of searching*

"THESE ARE THE WRONG PEOPLE FOR THE JOB"
                        You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Well, since a lot of people can't seem to remember important things from previous episodes, particularly in regards to people posting so called "plot holes" and "criticisms" about the show, I think it's good to repeat things. It might help reduce the number of silly threads.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Young said when Scott had problems with Eli going at the end of Air 2
                            "Just like alot of people on this ship I'm going to need to know wjat they are made of"
                            "we're going to need evryone on board to step up."

Then he is all '"wrong people" lines come out. Its a cheap cop-out for him at the moment.
                            sigpic
                            Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
                              Young said when Scott had problems with Eli going at the end of Air 2
                              "Just like alot of people on this ship I'm going to need to know wjat they are made of"
                              "we're going to need evryone on board to step up."

Then he is all '"wrong people" lines come out. Its a cheap cop-out for him at the moment.
                              The guy was probably a bit frustrated that he was about to die........he can be forgiven for having a change of tone.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X