Ideas for a Firefly spin-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for a Firefly spin-off

The only realistic way to bring back Firefly is to spin it off with new characters, the same universe and maybe cameos by the original cast.

My idea: Now, I've seen plenty of rip-offs of SF fan fic series that don't work because they are carbon copies of their original source material, i.e. most Star Trek and Stargate fan fic. What I am proposing are these series ideas:

1) A series focusing on an Alliance bounty-hunter that hunts down suspects and brings them before the Alliance, but over the course would grow increasingly critical and maybe start a second war for independence. How the series would go is anyones guess, but I can see it either taking place many years ago and focusing on Shepherd Book (because I suspect him of being involved with the Alliance that way) or an entirely new character set around the time of the series or the film.

2) A series focusing on a space mafia like Niska. Which could probably have original cameos.

3) A series focusing on Alliance scientists and there evil experiments.

4) A series focusing on a cop, his crew and his journies throughout the 'verse. Possible cameos.

What do you think and what can you come up with?
    :
    "There must be some way out of here..."

A series called Jayne.
    sigpic

Comment

Anything that puts us back in the 'Verse is good. Well, unless it focuses on sewage technicians, but you get my drift.

I'm not so sure a hypothetical spin-off would need to be vastly different from Firefly. Just as both SG-1 and Atlantis are about a bunch of people going through gates to have adventures on other worlds, so both series could be about an odd bunch of people sharing an unremarkable spaceship.

That or the Jayne thing...
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Anything that puts us back in the 'Verse is good. Well, unless it focuses on sewage technicians, but you get my drift.

I'm not so sure a hypothetical spin-off would need to be vastly different from Firefly. Just as both SG-1 and Atlantis are about a bunch of people going through gates to have adventures on other worlds, so both series could be about an odd bunch of people sharing an unremarkable spaceship.

That or the Jayne thing...
        The other ideas do sound great but a Jayne series, would be awesome.
        sigpic

Comment

As long as (Jewel Staite) Kaylee's there, I'll watch.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            As long as (Jewel Staite) Kaylee's there, I'll watch.

How about a series set 10-15 years later, Kaylee has her own ship and crew. It's a sure fire hit!

Comment

Originally posted by Arlan View Post

How about a series set 10-15 years later, Kaylee has her own ship and crew. It's a sure fire hit!
              I'd like to see that! But Mal should appear also from time to time!
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

How about a series where Jayne gets to be a Captain of his own ship.
                sigpic

Comment

Great idea.
                  Have some pie.

Comment

I reckon Kaylee would have her own fleet by then but only ships she really likes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                      How about a series where Jayne gets to be a Captain of his own ship.
                      Can I be the cook in his ships galley???
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
                        Can I be the cook in his ships galley???
                        Why not, i would apply for the post of holding his hat while he said something awesome.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well Me Thinks I better start thinking up some receipes for the Captain to munch on!!!!
                          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

How about an "Kaylee having an evil twin sister" series?

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                              How about an "Kaylee having an evil twin sister" series?
                              That would be interesting She could be a bounty hunter...so it would be a bounty hunter space western show!
                              sigpic
                              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Working...
                              X