Continuity in Episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
    Obviously Rush was prepared for all eventualities including boredom so he packed his book and his ipod dock.
    I'm just disappointed he took a single paperback and not an ebook. Bad geek!

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      I'm just disappointed he took a single paperback and not an ebook. Bad geek!
      And such a terrible book at that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ekras View Post
        Actually 2 days ago by the end of the episode - In Darkness they mentioned Greer and Scott as "The Heros of Yesterday" - They also mentioned that whats-his-name was one day shy of his birthday. In Light they were told "it's past midnight" and whats-his-names birthday.

Just pointing it out

On to the main point of posting though, I am also really glad they are keeping things consistent. So far we have the Tan, Youngs limp, the clothing the characters are wearing (with the possible exception of Chloe who I could have sworn was wearing a dress in the earlier episodes until her shower scene), etc. Hopefully this will continue.
        That doesn't make sense. How can yesterday be two days before?

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          Also, did I see an iPod dock in Rush's quarters?

Not exactly crucial to their survival!
          Many people brought whatever stuff that was in their baggages.
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            That doesn't make sense. How can yesterday be two days before?
            Because when they said it the day before the episode ended. Midnight passed- its now the following day. So "Yesterday" is actually 2 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by zorviny View Post
              A thank you to the SG production team for keeping the Sunburn on the characters its nice to see the continuity between episodes!

I know on lost they take pictures and document each cut / bruise / scar so that in makeup they can make them look like they did in previous episodes. Its cool to see the healing process of the wounds etc. It helps when doing flashbacks too as they look more like their previous selves!
              It's a very nice touch indeed, especially given that they are no more than a day or two removed from having been in the desert planet.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

You know, I really didn’t notice this until somebody pointed it out. Now that somebody pointed it out however, I keep noticing it as I rewatch the episodes, and I’m really glad to see it. It makes the show seem more realistic and interesting. It also (in my opinion) shows that the writers are probably paying really close attention to those little details that make any show more realistic. Though… I’m now curious as to how many episodes it will take for the sunburns to vanish.

Comment

Well I think it may also have to do with the people actually getting some sunburn and having to put make up to keep it...
                  Anyways i'm glad they keep stuff goin gthrough episodes like I was half expecting the limp to be gone already and stuff like that
                  This isn't Atlantis?
                  I don't think so.
                  If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by PacoJr67 View Post
                    agreed. they seem to be doing a great job so far.
                    it was done on bsg to perfection and i hope the sgu crew can do the same
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      it was done on bsg to perfection and i hope the sgu crew can do the same
                      No it wasn't

BSG was pretty good with continuity but they had thier problems as well.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        No it wasn't

BSG was pretty good with continuity but they had thier problems as well.
                        i was talking about injuries carrying over to eps but the stories just to cleaify
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

To be fair, he was in his quarters during the attack. Once he realized they were going to have to evacuate he likely grabbed what he could think of.
                          Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            i was talking about injuries carrying over to eps but the stories just to cleaify
                            Yeah, like Boomer's little cheek wound and Starbuck's leg in season 1. Oh, and Helo's massive scar in the later episodes after the mutiny.

I love the little details. I really didn't expect TPTB to not have this kind of stuff considering they were going for the darker and grittier archetype. Here's hoping it continues, or that we'll get an estimate of time passed between episodes if, for example, Young starts walking around normally ("Hey, it's been three weeks since we nearly crashed into a star, and my ribs are healed enough now!" for example).
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Rush tripping off could well end their survival situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Karis View Post
                                You know, I really didn’t notice this until somebody pointed it out. Now that somebody pointed it out however, I keep noticing it as I rewatch the episodes, and I’m really glad to see it. It makes the show seem more realistic and interesting. It also (in my opinion) shows that the writers are probably paying really close attention to those little details that make any show more realistic. Though… I’m now curious as to how many episodes it will take for the sunburns to vanish.
                                The lobster look will persist for awhile, then giving way to weeks of massive peeling, and a tan that seems to take forever to fade away. That's what happens when you get severely sunburned in the desert. I speak from experience.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X