Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Scott's relationship, out of nowhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a bit confused of the multiple relationships people are stating Scott is involved with. I've noticed the relationship with Chloe Armstrong entailed in this episode, but aside from that which other relationship is there? If there are such additional relationships between himself and another, could someone state between who and which episode?

Along the matter with the question presented in the thread. I feel the writers hinted and detailed the two individuals, Lt.Scott and Chloe as they have similarities between each other. They both are experiencing tragic events, Lt. Scott having a rough, disastrous previous life which may have influenced him in joining the Air Force, while Chloe is distanced from her mother and susceptible to taking interest in those she actually has such sexual interests in. This can be accustomed in a more modern, real life experience where an individual female in a couple loses her love and draws upon someone close by. Yes, the writers may have created the intentions that she is closer to Eli, but similar to a book, a change of the page may completely change the path.

Comment

@WindowsME: Scott was having sex with James (Vanessa) in Air, pt.1. in a broom closet.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        @WindowsME: Scott was having sex with James (Vanessa) in Air, pt.1. in a broom closet.
        Though to be fair we don't know the nature of the relationship.

@SupremeLegate
        Apogee Institute
        Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
          Though to be fair we don't know the nature of the relationship.
          And I never said we did. I just said, told, what happened. That's all.

IMHO, it was indeed just that. Nothing more and the events of Water, the next episode do indeed indicate this imho. Seems like
          Spoiler:
          Scott is just a bit promiscuous and James knows this and is mad at him for this. Anyway, I'll all write it into my review for Water, which I need to continue to write now.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            In the age group that these characters are in, this happens all the time. "17 episodes" to build a relationship? You mean a year? That would mean when a real life person goes off to college, they don't get into a sexual relationship until they are a sophmore. Yeah, right.
            While I have no problem with the scene (except that it seemed to drag on, I got the idea let's move on), I do have to say that it is part of the norm for people to have sexual relationships. But I'm a senior in college and I haven't been sexually involved with anyone. While the norm is to "hook up", there are exceptions to that.

For Scott & Chloe, I think they could have pushed this two parter a little bit later not to develop the romance. But to show the characters moving together.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              It was clearly the we are going to die scenario but I could have done with a little more transtion and explanation of why they were having sex.
              I didn't think it was written as 2 people who are afraid to die deciding to have one last triumph in the sack before doomsday. It was written as two lovers giving into each other because they would not have a chance to affirm their love later, which doesn't make sense, because I can't imagine that they've gotten to know each other enough to fall in love...

n the age group that these characters are in, this happens all the time. "17 episodes" to build a relationship? You mean a year? That would mean when a real life person goes off to college, they don't get into a sexual relationship until they are a sophmore. Yeah, right.
              Right! But the scene, and the relationship at that point wasn't written as 2 twenty-somethings boinking because they're about to die, THAT's my issue with it...

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Ya know, its not a bad idea. If Chloe had been the Icarus Base "pleasure girl" to begin with, and brought her Dominatrix outfit and assorted whips with her, she just "might" be a tad interesting. Scott on the other hand, is just a male ho with no redeaming qualities that I can see.

Alas, we get Chloe, "OMG, my daddy just DIED and (looks at Scott with tears), hold me, hold me, HOLD me cause I just might love you! Then we get, "OMG, its DARK in here! ELI! ELI! ELI! HELP ME, HELP ME!!! Hold my hand! Let me put my head on your shoulder!! You LOVE me now, right? GOOD, because now we are all gonna DIE so I'm gonna go to that other dude because he is CUTER than you and I'd rather have sex with HIM!!

Excuse me while I step out to throw up.
              BEST DESCRIPTION I HAVE EVER HEARD! *applause*

Quote:
              Originally Posted by POW View Post
              Casual sex is great ! Also its not targeted for a younger audiance just a more general wider one hence the drama upgrade.
              I do hope this is a joke.
              There's nothing wrong with casual sex between consenting (and responsible) adults.
              Last edited by natyanayaki; 27 November 2009, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Why is it that everyone seems to think that they do the horizontal mambo once and all of a sudden she's pregnant? It usually takes just a tad longer that one time for that to happen.

On a side note... I actually like the two of them together, but feel bad for poor Eli. He just seems to miss out every time. *sigh*

Comment

haha, i personally loved it

Comment

Working...
                  X