No announcement yet.

Music in "Light"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was actually my first SGU show and I thought the music helped the story move along and made the show more enjoyable for me. IMHO
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      So where are you studying?
      I'm a freshmen at Concordia College, in Moorhead Minnesota. Fantastic music department! This year for guest performers we've got the King's Singers, David Gillingham, and the Oslo Chamber choir. I've also met Frank Ticheli through the school. Next year the our Concert Band is touring Japan.
      I also love to play the piano, and auditioned for a scholarship on both piano and clarinet. I got it on Clarinet though, so I'm not a piano major but I'm still taking lessons. Next year I hope to either take lessons specific to the Romantic era (namely Liszt) or Jazz piano lessons.
      I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jeckle View Post
        When people are calling Joel Goldsmith a GENIUS & a musical GOD, I very much have the right to attack such a ludicrous claim. No one needs to abuse words in such an obscene manner, nor do false realities need to be constructed to inflate their own perception. As I said, don't read my posts if I bother you so much, what I said isn't mere opinion. I could care less about the present majority or minority, such a stance is for kindergarten!
        In a society where Michael Jackson is the poster child of mockery for 10+yrs into his grave, only to be deified upon the moment of his death; the opinion of your majority sways with the wind, & lacks any sense of substance. Many of you have said far more instigative comments on these boards than I've yet muttered.
        I don't know who either of you really think you're kidding with your pacifistic tone. I didn't call anyone out in particular, but rather anyone in general deifying Joel. If people want their posts & opinions respected & cherished to such an emphatic degree, they can first bother to exhibit the self respect inherent in proof reading & spell checking their words before submitting. If so many of you care so little about what you have to say, that taking two-five minutes to proof read is an outrageous expectation; get out of my face regarding whether I respect your opinion. The work starts on your own end, not mine. There's plenty of people whose opinion states pop tarts & frosted flakes are a great breakfast. This doesn't make their opinion worth respecting, or the least bit accurate just b/c they endorse it.
        Quit posturing as though I blasted anyone by name or specifically, unlike so many around here love to do. I stated my opinion get over it, it's in the proper thread.
        Whatever, but that is still YOUR opinion, just as it is THEIR opinion if they want to call him a genius. You attacked other fans instead of simply stating your opinion. That is undeniably wrong. No one has the right to define something one way or another. We live in a world with a variety of opinions. You may think other opinions are wrong, but you can't attack someone for their belief. No one has that right.

Originally posted by General Jeckle View Post
        You want to elevate Joel above being really good, seek out a thesaurus don't molest words like genius or god!! Those words are reserved for those who earn it.
        Again, your opinion. How come you have the ability to define what makes a musical genius and others don't? If they think he is, okay. That's their opinion. You don't think he is. Okay, that's your opinion. You obviously have a problem with other opinions and have the need to attack them in an effort to aid your opinion. You should just be comfortable with the fact that you don't think he is a musical genius, state that, and leave it be. Why attack the fans and their opinions in the process?

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I got to say, I like all all of the music so far on the series. A good score has been an important part of fantasy since I saw the premier of TNG, and so far SGU has not disappointed me in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by missmobius View Post
            I just don't get any chemistry between Scott and Chloe, NONE! I fast forward through those sappy scenes, but I'm sure the music is just as annoying as their fake relationship.
            You know, I see zero chemistry between the two as well. There is way more chemistry between Eli and Chloe. Although, I am opposed to any and all romance and relationships on television.

A matter of fact, I like the Scott character when he is in charge or second in command, but I feel he falls terribly short when interacting emotionally with other characters or when they try to depict him as a religious person. I just don't think Scott comes off as a deep person.

Comment

Music has been a BIG highlight of every Stargate series that I've seen. I'm a huge fan of Joel, and his "reimagining" of what Stargate sounds like is phenomenal and exciting.

Comment

Don't like every music in the season so far but "the shuttle hunt" has been quite a treat. Reminds me of Flash Gordon Queen Soundtrack, ...well sort of that direction.
                Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

The music and look of some scenes is VERY Bladerunner... i love it!

Comment

Originally posted by blade82 View Post
                    The music and look of some scenes is VERY Bladerunner... i love it!
                    Oh yeah! That one too. Thanks for the reminder.
                    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Pianomancuber View Post
                      I'm a freshmen at Concordia College, in Moorhead Minnesota. Fantastic music department! This year for guest performers we've got the King's Singers, David Gillingham, and the Oslo Chamber choir. I've also met Frank Ticheli through the school. Next year the our Concert Band is touring Japan.
                      I also love to play the piano, and auditioned for a scholarship on both piano and clarinet. I got it on Clarinet though, so I'm not a piano major but I'm still taking lessons. Next year I hope to either take lessons specific to the Romantic era (namely Liszt) or Jazz piano lessons.
                      If you end up taking piano lessons, I would highly suggest Liszt's "Sonetto 104 del Petrarca" from his Years of Pilgrimage. It's his most balanced piano piece, though not exactly his most famous. It's not too difficult, though some of the cadenzas will require numerous repetitions to get into your hands.

I did some jazz improvization, though admittedly most jazz musicians didn't like my style. I'm not a fan of jazz per se but if you're interested in developing a good, melodic playing technique, I suggest listening to some Bill Evans. I could never get a feel for jazz though as classical music and (especially) rock were always my native musical tongues. Lately, I've developed a great interest in Joe Satriani and soundtracks.

I hope you enjoy your tour of Japan. I remember 10 years ago our wind ensemble toured all over the place and participated in many competitions, including one at Cornell.
                      sigpic

Comment

my favorite part was when Destiny submerged itself into the star, those violins and cellos were amazing, I want that!

Comment

Working...
                        X