Music in "Light"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music in "Light"

Anyone else like the background music while they were trying to catch the shuttle up?
    67 point(s) total!!!!

YES!!!! i jumped straight to itunes to find the album, only to discover that the darned thing doesn't exist!

I loved how they used the electric guitar, its almost under the radar. I hope that becomes a trademark with this series just as the music for the previous series' has.

-Adren

Comment

I thought the music was awesome, really gave an epic feel to the whole thing.

Comment

I think SGU should sell tracks from the series which they create

awsome music so far

Comment

I dislike the touchy/feely music that comes on during a touching moment. I think the moment and scene do the work, the music seems to distract and take away imo.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyB1972 View Post
            I dislike the touchy/feely music that comes on during a touching moment. I think the moment and scene do the work, the music seems to distract and take away imo.
            Agreed. Joel Goldsmith is brilliant when it comes to action or suspense, but when it comes to the emotional scenes he's far too heavy handed in my opinion, he's goes overboard and it comes off too melodramatic and a bit camp. Hopefully he'll improve as he gets more used to a show of this type.

Comment

I liked the string instrument that was present quite alot in this episode. More of that please!
              Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyB1972 View Post
                You mean the cliche guitar song that plays whenever Chloe and Scott are together? YES! I HATE THAT TOO! It's so cheeseball. I love every other part of SGU's music though, it's fantastic.

Comment

The music overall; so far; has been awsome in every episode. A step up in linkage between background and visual from both SG1 and SGA. Downloaded every Alex Murdoch track I could find after watching Air3.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian_Jackson View Post
                    You mean the cliche guitar song that plays whenever Chloe and Scott are together? YES! I HATE THAT TOO! It's so cheeseball. I love every other part of SGU's music though, it's fantastic.
                    I just don't get any chemistry between Scott and Chloe, NONE! I fast forward through those sappy scenes, but I'm sure the music is just as annoying as their fake relationship.
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

The music so far has been great. There's been a really cool mix of styles rather than the usual orchestral stuff.
                      "You wanna run this ship?"
                      "YES!"
                      "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

I spent large parts of this episode in tears, mostly because of the amazing music. From the moment the lights came on in Young’s quarters, I was weeping uncontrollably for the next several minutes and, while checking the transcript against the soundtrack, had to keep stopping to blink my eyes clear so that I could read!

The only time I found the music annoying was, when Young was recording his Kino message, he said, “Hi, Emily,” and sad piano music promptly started. That was a bit too much, I thought.

Comment

Guitar? I can't get past the annoying slowly alternating piano chords. Melodrama!!!

They used it in the Chloe/Mom, Young/Wife, ManHo/CryingGirl scenes. Totally reminds me of a soap opera.

So far those "emotional character drama scenes" are like when you change the channel to some soap opera that you don't watch. There are some folks you don't know or care about and clearly something IMPORTANT is happening, but you just don't care. It's like that.

Comment

What is the name of the song that is played in the background when they decide to redock the shuttle?

Comment

See, that's where I have to disagree with you. While I wasn't moved or cared for the scene that much, I thought the music was beautiful. I haven't heard one score from Joel that was done for SGU that turned me off, leaving me upset.

Everything that guy has done has been awesome. Light was just ANOTHER step up with his work. Everything in 'Light' was great. I loved hearing the guitar, acoustic and electric.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X