Why didn't they dial Earth when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they dial Earth when...

Why didn't they dial Earth when Destiny was still inside the sun, i mean if dialing Earth waste too much power .
    Then it would be the perfect time to dial Earth while Destiny was re-charging inside the sun.
    While Destiny still inside the sun, power should not be an issue, it is the time to find the point of orgin , that take a bit of time, the next time Destiny is still Sun dipping , they should dial Earth, but the intense gravity may create a portal to the past or the future.

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
    but the intense gravity may create a portal to the past or the future.
    fin
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We have the advantage of hindsight; they did not. Would you have thought "Oh, let's dial Earth!" while you watch your ship plunge headlong into a star?
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        We have the advantage of hindsight; they did not. Would you have thought "Oh, let's dial Earth!" while you watch your ship plunge headlong into a star?
        and translating that heat and energy into the earth gate ??? that would suck
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They might try it next time...there was too much fear of the fact they are flying INSIDE a sun!

Comment

I doubt Destiny absorbed that required ammount of the power needed to dial the Earth
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              I doubt Destiny absorbed that required ammount of the power needed to dial the Earth
              They might not have absorbed the power to dial Earth but I have a feeling that the Destiny won't be having a power shortage now and that the primary systems will now be operating at nearly full capacity.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think they had enough power to even try. Plus, wormholes and suns do funny and unexpected things. They would have known that much. But yeah, the ship should be fully powered now, allowing more access to different systems and parts of the ship.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Simple, gate safety protocol.

A stargate won't establish a wormhole in a situation where it would allow for the possibility of elemental materials to be picked up by the wormhole and deposited in a star. See "Red Sky" where a wormhole thru a star (A hacked gate that refused connections until Carter overrode it) introduced plutonium picked up in space by the wormhole into the K'tau sun, causing instability. .

The Asgard told O'neill it was a standard safety feature on all gates.

Comment

I wonder how long the ship has to go between charges.

Comment

I want to know why they didn't use the Communication Stones for the people to say goodbye to their families like Young said to O'Neill would need to happen of they couldn't find a way to save themselves.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Sun + Wormhole = Time Travel.....
                        67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eliteaceman View Post
                          Sun + Wormhole = Time Travel.....
                          i thought it had to be a solar flare!
                          Spoiler:
                          Disclaimer:
                          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                          Quotes!
                          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            i thought it had to be a solar flare!

I would think being inside a sun would be equivilant to a solar flare lol
                            67 point(s) total!!!!

Comment

I'm actually quite skeptical that Destiny, even with a force field, survived being crushed into a pin ball while it was travelling through the center of the Sun. If we nit pick at the realistic intensity of gravity at the center of the sun to cause nuclear fusion, then Destiny's got one of the best force fields of all time.

Comment

Working...
                              X