Size of the Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of the Shuttle

How big are these things? I get the sense that they are larger than a jumper, but how does it compare to other spaceships like a Goa'uld Tel'tak?
    Last edited by jsonitsac; 23 October 2009, 08:19 PM. Reason: Fixed my mistake, at first I said they were smaller, I miswrote.

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
    How big are these things? I get the sense that they are smaller than a jumper, but how does it compare to other spaceships like a Goa'uld Tel'tak?
    Well a Jumper is smaller than a Tel'tak, especially in terms of interior space. So yeah... if you think the Shuttle is smaller than a Jumper they are probably smaller than a Tel'tak.
    Meh.

Comment

I actually got the sense they were a good bit larger then a jumper. They had enough room for at least 30 people without all the supplies and I don't think jumpers are that big. I'd say they are smaller then a Te'lTak because those have that large storage bay, but larger then a jumper.

Comment

Yea, much larger than a jumper, since there is no way that thing would be able to fit through a stargate (while a jumper can)

Comment

Oh yeah, I actually wrote that backwards, I meant to say the jumper is smaller than the shuttle. Whoops.

Comment

I think its about the size of two Jumpers, maybe a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
              I actually got the sense they were a good bit larger then a jumper. They had enough room for at least 30 people without all the supplies and I don't think jumpers are that big. I'd say they are smaller then a Te'lTak because those have that large storage bay, but larger then a jumper.
              ^This IMO. It looked fairly large.. I'd say about the size of the upper section of a tel'tak before the door to the back end.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                How big are these things? I get the sense that they are smaller than a jumper, but how does it compare to other spaceships like a Goa'uld Tel'tak?
                To me, it looked a fair bit larger than a Jumper. I don't think a Jumper could hold seventeen people plus supplies. The most I've seen a Jumper hold is maybe nine? I'm not sure if that number's even correct.

Comment

It looked like about the size of a Goa'uld cargo ship to be honest
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

It should be a little bit bigger than Goa'uld cargo ship and also longer too.

Comment

but not as tall IMO

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

IT actually reminded me of the Pegasus asguard's ships in size and dimention. And i love the fact it had some sort of 'gas'; like thruster.

Comment

It's a Jumper on steroids. Almost Cargo Ship in size.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            IT actually reminded me of the Pegasus asguard's ships in size and dimention. And i love the fact it had some sort of 'gas'; like thruster.
                            That ship was easily 10x the size of this shuttle.
                            Spoilered for size.
                            Spoiler:

Pics courtesy of GateWorld.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

cockpit area: 21 feet wide, 17 feet long (6,4 m wide and 5.1m long)
                              back area: 18 feet wide and 15.6 feet long (5.4m wide and 4.7m long)

assume the roof is about 10 feet tall. (3 metres)

that gives us an internal area of 97.92m + 76.14m = 174.06m^2 (i'd do the square feet but im lazy)

oh the source for this was joes blog where a schmatic of the final shuttle design is shown

Comment

Working...
                              X