Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Eli

Chief Master Sergeant Descended's Avatar

Default Poor Eli

Good enough to die with, but never <snip....we have a language filter for a reason, respect it please> I know he is "math boy," but that makes two times he has been there for Chloe when she is scared and she just uses him.

He is now permanently stuck in "girl friend" (as in she thinks of him as a female friend) territory. He should have told her to beat it, she can comfort herself while she dies.
    Last edited by Skydiver; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:21 PM.

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars Phantom6's Avatar

Default Re: Poor Eli

Quote Originally Posted by Descended View Post
    Good enough to die with, but never <snip>I know he is "math boy," but that makes two times he has been there for Chloe when she is scared and she just uses him.

He is now permanently stuck in "girl friend" (as in she thinks of him as a female friend) territory. He should have told her to beat it, she can comfort herself while she dies.
    Nice guy syndrome. He wouldn't do that because he has it.

Lol
    I feel bad for Eli too

He didnt tell her to beat it because he still likes her
    Even if he didnt still like her there wouldnt be any point in being mad at her since he thought they were about to die

Staff Sergeant

Good enough to die with, but never f*@k! I know he is "math boy," but that makes two times he has been there for Chloe when she is scared and she just uses him.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Eli too. I mean seriously, they've known each other for maybe a week and she does Scott because she's emotionally attached to him? Give me a break. Yeah he held her while her dad died, but come on.

I see this emotional yo-yo impairing Eli's performance down the road...

Sam’s Uneven Parallel Bars Phantom6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeffKnight View Post
    Yeah, I feel sorry for Eli too. I mean seriously, they've known each other for maybe a week and she does Scott because she's emotionally attached to him? Give me a break. Yeah he held her while her dad died, but come on.

I see this emotional yo-yo impairing Eli's performance down the road...
    I honestly expect him to explode sometime down the road.

never <snip....we have a language filter for a reason, respect it please> I know he is "math boy," but that makes two times he has been there for Chloe when she is scared and she just uses him.
    Sorry Skydiver, I wasn't trying to get around the filter, I was actually censoring myself (spelled it out in symbols), but I was using the vulgarity to make a point.

She just seems to be blatantly using him. Not disparaging her character (i.e. the other locked thread, because it makes Scott look like a tool, especially since James is actually on-board the ship) but I wish Eli would man up.
    Last edited by Descended; October 23rd, 2009 at 07:49 PM.

First Lieutenant

Yeah, I feel bad for Eli. He obviously likes her. But really, who's she gonna choose in that situation even if she might have feelings for both?

Yeah. Eli got friend-zoned in a matter of days. I think he's a little too quick to forgive people as well.

Poor guy.

Oh well, we'll see what that happens. (I'm hoping Scott turns out to be a 'mistake' for Chloe, and she ends up with Eli. Seriously, those two have waaay more chemistry!) If things do go that way, though, I hope Eli doesn't get stuck with the whole "why can't more guys be like you?" speech while still being friend-zoned. That always sucks.
    http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x.../siggycopy.jpg
    Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

Second Lieutenant

The Eli character handles things pretty gracefully.

Spoiler:
    Isn't the next episode suppose to have a suicide in it?
    Last edited by Bagpuss; October 24th, 2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: tags for future ep req.:)

Staff Sergeant

Yes poor Eli but at least now he knows what she is thinking cause some ppl can give out wrong signals and not on purpose either.

Poor Eli indeed. I feel a little bad for him, especially since I do like Scott at all!

First Lieutenant

Yeah, I posted this in the general discussion thread. I feel bad for him, and this episode makes me hate Chloe again. I thought maybe I would actually like her after Darkness, but like an above poster said, he's got NG syndrome. It's too bad.

I hope eventually Eli does go off on someone for this developing monster (metaphorically speaking of the Eli/Chloe/Scott triangle).

And I'd like to know where James fits into all of this...
    http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6...tleworking.jpg
    Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by AVFan View Post
    Yeah, I posted this in the general discussion thread. I feel bad for him, and this episode makes me hate Chloe again. I thought maybe I would actually like her after Darkness, but like an above poster said, he's got NG syndrome. It's too bad.

I hope eventually Eli does go off on someone for this developing monster (metaphorically speaking of the Eli/Chloe/Scott triangle).

That is a very good question. We shall hopefully see.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by AVFan View Post

Yea, if James had been evacuated with the Hammond it would be one thing (because he might feel that he will never see her again), but she is literally just down the hallway. Talk about having a girl in every port... Scott seems to have a girl in every supply closet.

Staff Sergeant

Yeah, Eli definitely felt used, but what choice did he have at the end? If you're Eli and you're facing death, would you prefer to face it alone or prefer the company of Chloe?

The Scott/James/Chloe/Eli relationships are definitely heading towards a blow up.
    There is no spoon...

Good enough to die with, but never <snip....we have a language filter for a reason, respect it please> I know he is "math boy," but that makes two times he has been there for Chloe when she is scared and she just uses him.

She just seems to be blatantly using him. Not disparaging her character (i.e. the other locked thread, because it makes Scott look like a tool, especially since James is actually on-board the ship) but I wish Eli would man up.
    I don't feel sorry for Eli. Maybe he thinks that because they're in a dire situation with little hope that he has a chance where normally he wouldn't, but that's not her fault.

She hasn't done anything to "use" him either. Is there some unspoken rule that a woman can't be friends with men unless it's a serious monogamous relationship?

He just set his hopes too high.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I don't feel sorry for Eli. Maybe he thinks that because they're in a dire situation with little hope that he has a chance where normally he wouldn't, but that's not her fault.

She hasn't done anything to "use" him either. Is there some unspoken rule that a woman can't be friends with men unless it's a serious monogamous relationship?

Do you hold hands with girls that are just friends? I know I don't. The only physical contact that happens with friends that are girls is the occasional hug. Nothing she did said "You're my friend, and nothing else." It all said more than that IMO.
    http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6...tleworking.jpg
    Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Chief Master Sergeant segaxgames's Avatar

Eli's character development really makes me want to kill myself.. It reminds me of my life. You know, the guy who likes the girl but the girl always seems to go for the other guy.. Sigh.. SGU makes me depressed. I need to get laid.

Chief Master Sergeant segaxgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

she treats him like he's her teddy bear. that's horrible!

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

that's life how many people in this world end up with the ones their truly would be happy with???

rarely no one

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast