No announcement yet.

Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent episode!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Just great - and the scene where Helen got hosed down - daaaaaaamn. THAT was intense! Really good stuff.

But...
    Spoiler:
    Did Will have...
    Spoiler:
    a MULLET??!

Loved it. This is what I want sci fi to be all about! Adventure, suspense, scary stuff! I was a bit disappointed with Peyton Place...erm...I mean, Universe, tonight. The relationship stuff is starting to drown out the sci fi stuff.

das
    sigpic

Comment

I think this was the most powerful episode yet! I mean Helen was looking for a way to kill herself b/c of Ashley of death... If that doesn't say powerful, well then we could always just add a few zombies...

Anyone else really hate the noise the zombies things made? Evertime I hear the sound I was just wishing it would stop...

Okay, biggest shocker in this episode Will and Kate... Seriously! I just can't see those two together!

P.S. Scariest thing I saw in this episode was Will hair....
      sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

I can’t believe this; I watched it again and I’m bawling my eyes out, that last scene still gets me; when Helen acknowledged she is the one that cause the end of humanity.

When she is in her office you can perceive Helen’s sadness and pain, maybe she is thinking of Ashley; since that’s why this all stared, maybe she is thinking of all the thinks she lost and gain in just days; who knows but that scene is just awesome.

When Helen goes to where her abnormals where you can feel the pain she feels watching the destruction.

I totally agree, that hosing down scene is out of this world Amada did a terrific job and I admired her more for that, the degradation and the insult to her persona only helps you to feel upset and anger for her.

I like the split scenes; I know some of you don’t like them, but they work for me and the sequences they show.

Love that coat!...so her

Some quotes:

Helen: “What the hell are you doing here?”
        Will: “Bleeding”
        ---
        Will: “Scare you?”
        Jessica: “Only when I see your face”
        ---
        Will: “Magnus if she turns they’ll come!”
        Helen: “Then; I suggest you leave” he leaves and then returns Hey Will!!
        --
        Will: “You are piss”

----

The Sanctuary moments that brought back SG-1 to my mind (not meaning to make this an SG-1 discussion)

Jessica MITCHELL

Helen picking up wires and instruments to make her computer work and the fixing it and sitting in front of it = Sam Carter.

The colony in the Arctic
        sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post

Helen picking up wires and instruments to make her computer work and the fixing it and sitting in front of it = Sam Carter.

I was like Sam Carter is back when I saw her fixing that puter... lol!!
          sigpic

Comment

Good episode... somewhat strange, somewhat "I am Legend" but better.

So the whole time, my SG1 trained brain is debating, "Different dimension or teleported into the future?" I couldn't get a grasp on how much time had passed, so that kept me guessing, which is good.

It was interesting for me that what Helen experienced in the future turned out to be caused by her desire to end her life. I always felt that in the webisodes, ending her life/"curing" her immortality, was a constant desire for Helen because she was afraid to outlive Ashley (although that was never explicitly stated). I was wondering what she was going to do now that she had outlived her before the show started, and then there it was.

The parts in the future were interesting. Kate and Will was an interesting concept- he didn't say so much that they were married, just that they had a kid. Young Magnus was likely born out of the simple need of his parents to be together because they were familiar to each other after having lost so many friends. I'm not sure if an actual relationship would develop between them in a the non-crisis timeline.

So overall, I liked it. I think it should have been episode 4, though.
            sigpic

Comment

It would have done better as Eppy four I agree with you Almathea
              sigpic

Comment

i'm make my shorty comment here (very tired), but HOLY CRAP!!

the shower scene was *so* intense i almost wanted to cry!

amanda was wonderful!!

i'm sooooooooooooooo glad she's got this show!!

k, off to bed, then i'll read this thread and talk about this a LOT.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  Loved the ep.

I was expecting something more about Helen's psyche instead of what we got with the warning from the abnormal, but WOW!

Very affecting. That hosing down was scary.
                  I was cringing through that scene, props to the AT and the others for pulling it off so realistically. That could not have been comfortable to shoot.

But I think Will stole this ep for me, the look, all the emotions of seeing the world die around him but still finding the strength to keep fighting, and the wink at the end to Helen, kudos to RD for a great performance.

I also thought the set decoration and lighting were fantastic, especially Helen's office, and it was cool to see it back into pristine order at the end.

And it was really nice to get the reference to Ashley and see that Helen is still dealing with her death. I wonder if they'll continue this thread of Helen trying to find a cure to her longevity, or if this experience will stop her from looking.

sigpic

Comment

totally AGREE about the shower scene.... it was like HOLY FRAKKING CRAP!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

HOLY HANNAH that was a dark episode.

Spoiler:
                      And no Henry, BOO!!!
                      MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                      MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                      POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                      CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                      GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                      VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                      FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                        Good episode... somewhat strange, somewhat "I am Legend" but better.

So the whole time, my SG1 trained brain is debating, "Different dimension or teleported into the future?" I couldn't get a grasp on how much time had passed, so that kept me guessing, which is good.
                        I was so sure it was alternate dimension(that was my first though when seeing the previews), about half way throw I tanked that idea. My plan B was she was infact in the future... My brain just couldn't gat around the idea it was present time, until the very end.
                        sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          That was amazing of her and how she played that. i though WTF!!! How can do that to her?!!!! It was mind blowing.
                          Originally posted by suse View Post
                          Loved the ep.

I was expecting something more about Helen's psyche instead of what we got with the warning from the abnormal, but WOW!

Very affecting. That hosing down was scary.

suse
                          Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Excellent episode!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time! Just great - and the scene where Helen got hosed down - daaaaaaamn. THAT was intense! Really good stuff.

But...
                          Spoiler:
                          Did Will have...
                          Spoiler:
                          a MULLET??!

Loved it. This is what I want sci fi to be all about! Adventure, suspense, scary stuff! I was a bit disappointed with Peyton Place...erm...I mean, Universe, tonight. The relationship stuff is starting to drown out the sci fi stuff.

das
                          Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                          I
                          I totally agree, that hosing down scene is out of this world Amada did a terrific job and I admired her more for that, the degradation and the insult to her persona only helps you to feel upset and anger for her.

I like the split scenes; I know some of you don’t like them, but they work for me and the sequences they show.
                          Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i'm make my shorty comment here (very tired), but HOLY CRAP!!

the shower scene was *so* intense i almost wanted to cry!

amanda was wonderful!!

i'm sooooooooooooooo glad she's got this show!!

k, off to bed, then i'll read this thread and talk about this a LOT.
                          Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          I was cringing through that scene, props to the AT and the others for pulling it off so realistically. That could not have been comfortable to shoot.
                          Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          totally AGREE about the shower scene.... it was like HOLY FRAKKING CRAP!!!!
                          OMG I agree with all of you, SO many things were going through me at once. Like I said before I was actually very afraid for Helen when they started ripping her clothes off because I didn't know how far it would go, I mean I was actually covering my mouth with my hands. It was so freaking hard to see her like that, being so degraded and disrespected like that, it could make people cry. I honestly feel that was the most painful, most intense and powerful Helen moment EVER on the show.

Major props to Amanda because I know that must not have been comfortable to do, but it was very brave of her to do something like that, and it's something we've never seen her do for her, and she was nothing short of terrific. She's proven once again how amazing of an actress she can be, and how much courage she has within herself. I can't wait to hear Amanda talk about it on a podcat. Every time I think she can't amaze me anymore, she does over, and over and over, and it's only a matter of time before she amazes m again. I have nothing but respect and appreciation for you as a person and an actress.

BRAVO AMANDA!
                          Last edited by Rocky89; 17 November 2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

something else is going to stay in my mind. i liked when Will mentioned Druitt and how he teleported a Nuke into a most heavily infected area, thus ending his life, but only because two weeks prior Helen had died.

I was watching Helen's face and the way her face registered shock and sadness was touching and my shipper brain is having a field day with it.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think this ep just became one of my faves if not my fave. The start is so powerfull. The resolution is a bit iffy but I think thats cos its just 1 ep instead of a 2 part or an extended ep.
                              Wouldnt that be great? if in the DVD it was like 60m
                              And I love the fact that they used the looking for a cure for her longevity like Magnus was in the webis and mention Ash like they should.

The effects look awesome and the set look brilliant. RD was right seeing Magnus ofice like that...wow!

My only problem:
                              It deserved more then 43 m. It had a lot of story that they could've shown.

Also it would've been an awesome ep for Ash dont you think?
                              Just like Kush or Requiem.Shame.

On a side note: They were shooting the last scene when those girls did the road trip and meet AT, RD, MW and DK at the studio. Wonder what happen for them to be shooting a scene from ep 5 near the end of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                                OMGOMGOMGOMG!! A Will/Kate child????? WTF!
                                How could they could have got together? Nubbins tribe???!

Anyway, this episode, is my favorite of all! It was just awesome, and wow... just the beginning was breathtaking Oo ....I was hoping more Helen/Will stuff... and not expecting.... well what we learned... about Kate.

When he said "We had a child."
                                I was like WTF?! And then "Kate and I." And I'm like oh thank GOD!
                                And then WTF?! Kate?!

Comment

Working...
                                X