No announcement yet.

Pavor Nocturnus (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with everyone about the shower scene. I can't believe I forgot to mention it in my first post! I think it was the screaming and the fighting that made it so powerful. I mean, of course she'd scream and fight, but because of how Amanda acted it, you could feel Helen's fear. You could feel that she believed they were going to rape her since, in her mind, there was no possible other reason to strip off her clothes like that. I sure believed it- and it was so powerful, I wasn't even thinking "Nah, they won't do that, there must be some other reason." I was totally caught up in what I was watching. Amanda amazes me!
    sigpic

Comment

I am all for an actress growing by why is it always with being nude? I am not saying she did a bad job, not at all. I just get tired of telling actors that being naked is a way to grow.

Omg I laughed at first when I saw will and his hair, but it didn;t last long. I agree that I wanted to know what was up with Tesla in the grand scheme of things.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
        I think it's the Latin name for night terrors so I was assuming a nightmares type thing - although that could mean several things. It could have been pointing to a vision/terrible nightmare, could have been referring to it being Helen's worst nightmare.

Interesting to speculate whether it was a proper future vision or whether it was a worst case scenario. Was the creature showing her what would definitely happen, or what could happen if she took it?
        Considering how fast the Aztecs died out, I think it was likely it would happen.

Such rain! Makes sense, the Earth was now in a nuclear winter. It was at it's end.

So, was Jessica actually hurt by the creatures or was it her proximity to Helen that turned her? Typical teen with Will though.

"Were you scared?"
        "Only when I saw your face."

suse
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
          If I remember well, in latin 'Pavor' means 'fear' or 'dread' and 'nocturnus', easy, it's 'Noctural', so that's give something like 'Nocturnal Fear', so I agree with Siles who said the title was a bit of a give-away.
          Originally posted by siles View Post
          A very good episode, with only two draw-backs:
          1. The title was a bit of a give-away if someone knows what pavor nocturnus is.
          2. This episode should have followed "Eulogy" instead of "Hero" as it would have been much more poignant.
          I think the tittle give as much away as the trailer did.
          Nothing biggie.

Some post say Helen was trying to kill herself I disagree. She was looking for a cure to her logevity so she could age normally. I dont think thats the same as her trying to kill herself. Specially when a bullet would do that just fine.

Oh hey Ashley would've been a good name for the kid lol

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
            I am all for an actress growing by why is it always with being nude? I am not saying she did a bad job, not at all. I just get tired of telling actors that being naked is a way to grow.
            It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Wow... Awesome ep. The washing scene just chilled me to the bone (it just screamed rape at me *shudders*). Great opening sequence. The view of the city crumbled to pieces was very powerful.

Favorite part was definitely the tie in to Ashley, how the knowledge that Helen's pain was the cause of everything that happened.
              My shipper heart was doing a happy dance when Will said that John killed himself shortly after Helen's death, and the look of shock on her face.
              I'm not usually Will's greatest fan, normally I just find him to be very dull, but he really won me over in this ep. You could see everything that has happened in the world through him.

The bad part: It was to damn short! This was easily a two part material.

~1300 screencaps for the ep (didn't have time to clear out the bad ones)

204 Pavor Nocturnus.zip
              And just ignore the fact that the file says 204, it should be 205.
              sigpic

Comment

I really liked the episode but the fact that Will and Kate fell in love with each other and had a child is such a no-go for me.

The revalation in the end was really shocking. I've never thought that Helen would be the reason for the whole chaos. And the fact that she was looking for something to shorten her life or to let her age like a normal person because she out lived so many loved ones (espacially Ashley) was sad
                SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                  I really liked the episode but the fact that Will and Kate fell in love with each other and had a child is such a no-go for me.

The revalation in the end was really shocking. I've never thought that Helen would be the reason for the whole chaos. And the fact that she was looking for something to shorten her life or to let her age like a normal person because she out lived so many loved ones (espacially Ashley) was sad
                  I don't think there was ever any mention of love. I agree with what most said that they turned to each other in time of need, but I doubt it went as deep as love, at most it was convenience and desire. I found that part of the story to be an indicator as to how messed up things really were.
                  sigpic

Comment

IMHO, this was one of the worst episodes of the season. It was just a spoof of ___ of the living dead movies, nothing more.

The spirit thingy stalking her and making her look at the future would of been just as dumb, the last 5 mins of the episode was just crap. It would of been better if she realized she was ground zero and the zombies obeyed her.. But no, it all turns out to be a dream.

The only good thing was the dark side of Will..

3/10 for this episode. kthxbi

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
                      It was years in the future. They had lost almost everyone. They turned to each other as a port in the storm. It happens.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

On the podcast they mentioned that Kate and Will fell in love with each other and this shows that Kate is actually a cool person.
                        SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Great eppy! But i have one question, what happened to Tesla?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
                            Great eppy! But i have one question, what happened to Tesla?
                            same here, and Declan??? XD

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              It was very affecting. Can you imagine how scared Helen was? In this case I didn't mind it.

Amanda knows nudity isn't the way to 'grow'. She doesn't do it. You only see parts of her skin. Yeah, the implication is there, but I seriously doubt the *she* was nude.

suse
                              I'm usually the first one to criticize when shows show skin seemingly for the sake of showing skin. Not the case here.

In this instance, it was part of the story. I think it made the scene gut clenching. It was a horrifying scene--more so than the zombies. The "daring" thing from an acting standpoint was showing Helen's terror, etc. imho.

Comment

WOW!!! An amazing ep, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

But wow, the shower scene was just so powerful. You could almost feel Helen's fear. Amanda gave an incrediable performance here! This scene just terrified me, it was mind-blowing!

And yeah, when Will said he and Kate had a son, I was like WHATTT?! But since they were basically the only ones left i can sort of see that happening. RD's hair was scary, but the shower scene was for me the scariest IMHO.

Seriously Amanda should get so many awards for this ep!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X