Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched both telefilms. The one thing I find terribly jarring... Spoilers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rewatched both telefilms. The one thing I find terribly jarring... Spoilers!!

...all that damn slow-motion at the films' respective climaxes. Ugh. It doesn't help that I dislike that style in general, but what really gets me is just how god-awfully slow the slow-motion really is in this case. It's... too slow.

Cameron's leap on the Odyssey, Daniel's facial expression when the team is in that final room with Adria and the Doci... those two had me laughing my ass off unintentionally. And then the slow-motion when Carter is shot and Cameron leaps through the Gate in Continuum... augh. Facepalm.

Am I the only one who really disliked this? I still love both telefilms, but knowing the most pulse-pounding moments are (IMO) partly ruined by that damn effect really bugs me going into them.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Its been a while since ive seen it so my memory is a little vague, but I do remember Cameron's leap, very annoying!

Comment

Neither one bothered me.

Comment

Random slow motion is never good in any movies. Apart from when it's used to show that a character is moving extremely fast.

Slow motion just for DRAMA is terrible.

Comment

Exactly how I feel. It's so ugh. Really a crying shame how much I dislike it, since otherwise I enjoy them both, especially Continuum.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

While I could have done without a few of those slow motion scenes, they didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the movies at all.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              While I could have done without a few of those slow motion scenes, they didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the movies at all.
              Ah, fifth man. Ever the voice of decency. Sometimes I wish I was as carefree as you are when it comes to television.

(I meant that sincerely, by the way. You always seem so unaffected by the lesser aspects of things.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                ...all that damn slow-motion at the films' respective climaxes. Ugh. It doesn't help that I dislike that style in general, but what really gets me is just how god-awfully slow the slow-motion really is in this case. It's... too slow.

Am I the only one who really disliked this?
                I didn't like it either. But then again I firmly believe that the only time SG-1 did slow-motion successfully was in Reckoning. Apart from this specific episode it always makes me laugh/
                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                sigpic
                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                  I didn't like it either. But then again I firmly believe that the only time SG-1 did slow-motion successfully was in Reckoning. Apart from this specific episode it always makes me laugh/
                  I think it was done well in 'A Matter of Time'. But that was a black hole. That's cheating.

Comment

Working...
                  X