Is there a bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a bridge?

Am I missing something here? There doesn't seem to be any kind of bridge or command centre on the Destiny so far - only the gate room and observation deck.

Interesting and pretty cool concept if it turned out there wasn't one, or there was but it'd been destroyed/cut off.

What do you think?
    "You wanna run this ship?"
    "YES!"
    "W.. well, you can't."

Could possibly be in one of the exposed sections. Battle damage is fairly common on the bridge.

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
    : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

At a guess it will be in one of the areas of the ship the crew do not have access too, it may require some repair, i dont think they will go the length of the series without one as the auxillary control room Rush is currently using is pretty mundane.
      sigpic

Comment

I can't remember which, but one of the writers said that as the series progresses, they'll repair and gain access to new areas of the ship all the time, so it could well be that it's just cut off from the rest and/or they haven't found it yet.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

They could just be stuck to exploring the deck the gate room sits on, but I thought it was odd that nobody had mentioned anything about a bridge at any point. Looking for one could've been a lot more helpful to Rush than using a tiny console.
          "You wanna run this ship?"
          "YES!"
          "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

If you look at the design of the Destiny theres a spine type thing at the rear. You would assume that the brigde is there.

In the observation deck we cant see the lenght of the Destiny meaning that it is not at the top of that spine, and from the gate room to the observation deck they climb one little stairs(im assuming, of course, the only stairs in the series so far are the ones next to the gate). And the spine is very tall... building tall. So is fair to say that they havent found it yet.

And with all the problems that they are facing it problably take some time.
            "Do you know what's the Chain of Command?? It's the chain i'm gonna beat you
            with until you realize who's in rotten command here." - Jayne Cobb

Comment

They seem to be stuck in the crew quarters, with access to basic areas such as the shower rooms, mess hall and of course the gate.
              sigpic

Comment

If the bridge is located at the front of the ship, they clearly show a large exposed/shielded place there on some of the Destiny shots.
                But I imagine that there should be some sort of navigation / control room somewhere, with a nice frontal view (either view-screen or windowed) and lots of consoles / gauges.
                sigpic

Comment

destiny is automated, main controls can be accessed from the nexus room, where we see rush working.

Comment

I distinctly remember it being said they haven't gotten into the Bridge yet. I don't think they expanded on this however.
                    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

It's more strange , the nexus room is take away from the Stargate
                      Sorry if my english language is bad ,it's beacause i'm a french

sigpic

Comment

Bridge, engineering, sickbay, holodeck, stellar cartography... All the cool parts of the ship are missing
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by renboy View Post
                          If the bridge is located at the front of the ship, they clearly show a large exposed/shielded place there on some of the Destiny shots.
                          But I imagine that there should be some sort of navigation / control room somewhere, with a nice frontal view (either view-screen or windowed) and lots of consoles / gauges.
                          And some seats, dont forget some nice comfy seats.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                            Bridge, engineering, sickbay, holodeck, stellar cartography... All the cool parts of the ship are missing
                            Jeffries Tubes...
                            If you're wondering how he eats & breathes, and other science facts...(la! la! la!)
                            Then repeat to yourself its just a show, I should really just relax.

I own "Future War"..I can put up with a lot

sigpic - Black Belt Test 10/24/2009 -

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              Jeffries Tubes...
                              What about engine rooms? But then, most Stargate ships we have seen so far consist of nothing but endless hallways. One has to wonder what purpose those corridors fullfil if there are no machine halls accessiblle anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X