This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where the Wild Things Are

Anyone see this movie yet, is it any good?

I hear it was a let down...

The book is a classic though, so I might see this.

I can't stand the commercial for it, it annoys the hell out of me..
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

all reviews i've heard have said 'great for adults remembering the book, do not take little kids cause it'll be too scary'
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite books to read growing up, I really want to watch this.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          all reviews i've heard have said 'great for adults remembering the book, do not take little kids cause it'll be too scary'
          I thought it looked kinda scary and dark by the previews too...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            Anyone see this movie yet, is it any good?

I hear it was a let down...

The book is a classic though, so I might see this.
            It wasn't a letdown at all. It simply isn't a cute, little movie for younger kids but a very adult and sometimes dark drama with fantastic elements. In my opinion Spike Jonze surpassed the original material, because he expanded the universe that was created in the original book but he did it very gently.The movie is not a happy camper. Some scenes made my heart ache. The world is cruel and the movie doesn't forget it.

Don't watch the movie is you expect a fantastical romp but think of this as a fulltime drama with with a fantastical touch.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Well my friend describe it, as Awesome, an very well done. He thought it was shame that the film was not even darker in tone. Only thing that he did not like was how he could tell the director had cut scenes to lighten the tone an the drama of the film an this made the film felt incomplete to him. Well that what my friend said any way.

This apparently this is the light version compared to the original one filmed an cut by the director. which will probably never be release unless it was save for a special dvd version.
              I will probably have to wait until it release on DVD until I see it sadly.
              Last edited by knowles2; 26 October 2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I loved this book as a child. I really want to see it but at the same time I don't!! I think I will agree with knowles2 and wait for the DVD.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  I don't know what's to remember about the book. It was just a few pictures with a bunch of monsters and a kid. There was barely a story in the actual book. It's like piecing together 7 charlie brown comic strips into a "story" and then binding it into a book.

Comment

It was slow in parts and other than the pretty creatures, it definitely wasn't something I think kids would enjoy. I thought it was ok.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I actually posted about this as soon as the commercials came on TV...no one had any interest.

I will wait for the DvD, since I want to see the directors cut, not the studio cut. It looks absolutely beautiful, using the combination of puppet/suit performers and CGI faces for the "Wild Things".

Comment

Working...
                      X