X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS: Stargate Atlantis 2nd season news

spoilers

SG1_SPOILME - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/ first reported

”Stargate: Atlantis gets a new character. Ronon Dex has been running from the Wraith for years. He’s legendary among his people, but cannot return to them as he could draw the Wraith to his homeland. “

The site filmjerk posted this information, and has no attribution for the source (well, they never do), but they seem to get their hands on studio stuff.

However…. Why bring in a new character who’s running from the Wraith? Isn’t everybody trying to get away from the Wraith?? Plus wouldn’t it make more sense to develop Teyla and Ford than bring in another alien??

Hope 2ndseasonitis isn't setting in....

Maybe he will be a recurring character like Maybourne?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Maybe he will be a recurring character like Maybourne?
      There's no word, but the way in which the article (well, mention) was said alludes that this a character being added. Don't know if it's recurring, upfront (although I'd like to think perhaps occurring, as we have enough regular characters already....) Maybe it's just a guest star in one episode but without further information, we can just speculate wildly!

Comment

A character running from the Wraith??!! My god, how fresh and original!! No one EVER runs from the Wraith! Don't think I've ever heard of anyone afraid of inadvertently drawing the Wraith to their people, either. *rolls eyes*

Of course, if SG-1 is going to be concentrating on the Ancients, that leaves Atlantis out in the cold in terms of developing plots, so I guess we have to go for Cheap Plot Devices.

And here I was hoping they'd actually put some thought into the spinoff and try making it different and interesting.

*sigh* Or maybe I'm just in a particularly pissy mood right now.

But seriously, someone running from the Wraith?! Gimme a break.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          A

But seriously, someone running from the Wraith?! Gimme a break.
          Well, I suppose it's better than walkling or jogging away. yes, sometimes I wonder if the people who write this stuff (the articles) really think about what they're writing. ...

But maybe this guy is just a potential red shirt down the line....

Comment

a brisk walk, or maybe some crawling! But please, having someone that's running from the Wraith is just like having a jew running from the nazis or a human running from the Goa'uld, it's obvious.

So lets keep Lt. Aiden Whatshisstory and Teyla nobackground as wallpapers in season2, it's not like we wanna know anything about them.

Comment

I'm not sure why they need a new regular cast member. Especially as outlined in this casting sheet. They already have a large cast, Teyla is connected to the Wraith and there's certainly a lot left to explore with her character.

If new guy is a recurring character might make more sense.

If this new guy is a regular - well, that makes me wonder if someone in the current cast isn't going to survive season 2.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                I'm not sure why they need a new regular cast member. Especially as outlined in this casting sheet. They already have a large cast, Teyla is connected to the Wraith and there's certainly a lot left to explore with her character.

If new guy is a recurring character might make more sense.

If this new guy is a regular - well, that makes me wonder if someone in the current cast isn't going to survive season 2.

I'm in agreement. I think right now, the cast they've got works very well indeed, and I wouldn't like to lose any of them really. I think if anyone does go it would be between Aiden or Carson. But who knows. Let's just hope any of the cast we've got doesn't leave.
                __

__

Comment

I think someone needs to take TPTB aside and explain to them that SG-1 is the show that needs to "fill out" its cast, NOT Atlantis. Of course, that would lead to a much lengthier and messier explanation of how Atlantis and SG-1 are two different shows, and you may not succeed in convincing them of that...

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                    I'm in agreement. I think right now, the cast they've got works very well indeed, and I wouldn't like to lose any of them really. I think if anyone does go it would be between Aiden or Carson. But who knows. Let's just hope any of the cast we've got doesn't leave.
                    It would have to be Ford becuase Beckett has been moved from a reccuring character to a regular for season 2.

Comment

Either TPTB are having a creative breakdown or they've taken on too much work. Get some new writers and seperate the shows ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        It would have to be Ford becuase Beckett has been moved from a reccuring character to a regular for season 2.

Thanks for reminding me, but I don't really want Ford to leave.
                        __

__

Comment

Considering all the charaters on the show but two suck, maybe they should do something with them, or kill them off.
                          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Thanks for reminding me, but I don't really want Ford to leave.
                            I don't want either one to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              All actors in the front credits are regular characters; recurring characters are like Beckett was in season 1, or Grodin, or Zelenka. They pop up a lot, but they're not regulars.

Producers has always operated by that standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X