Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Curious Case of Dean Winchester (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
    Huh? No one really had much to say about this one, did they?
    Oops, forgot to say it, but I endorse everything you said. LOL, at times it feels like you've looked into my head...

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    Well, it had its moments (and some great one of thems) but to be honest, I wasn't too impressed with this episode.

Not that something was really fatal wrong with it, but I wished we would see more of the ongoing theme, and it didn't really fit into that. No Castiel, no Lucifer, no apocalypse.

The old Dean was great, and the moments between Dean and Bobby had me tearing up but the general idea was not really thought through. So was this he-witch a nice guy or not? In the end I had the feeling that we should get the impression that he wasn't that mean at all. Still he had fun in stealing years from people and though he said that he isn't a killer he did just that with the guy from the beginning and he nearly killed Dean.

All together: it had its moments but was imho the weakest episode so far in S5.
    They could easily have incorporated the Apocalypse by making the villain be Death rather than a he-witch - that's sort of what I expected. And when I saw the ecru Mercedes I thought I was right... Death rides a pale horse, doesn't he?

As for Castiel, as much as I love him I think it's important that he is not in every episode, or he could mess with the boys' relationship. I think a lot of people were concerned that this is what would happen, and I'm glad that Kripke as usual made the right decision and proved them wrong.

To me this episode was necessary to show how Bobby got his head in the game again. And I love the writers for it, that they show us the development of the characters, rather than just glossing over tragedies from other eps.

I also think the ambiguity of the witch was on purpose. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was more to him, and that we're being set up for this storyline to pop up again at a later date.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
    X