• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabula Rasa (406)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON FOUR
    TABULA RASA
    EPISODE NUMBER - 406

When Hiro turns up on Peter's doorstep, Peter takes it upon himself to find a way to save his life, turning to Noah to locate a healer. Samuel helps Sylar recover his identity, and Hiro tries to help Emma realize the benefit of her ability.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:18 PM.

I really don't buy into the fact that Claire's blood wouldn't help hero because it's a tumor.

A tumor is a problem with the body and the cells, I believe her blood should have been able to help him.

But anyways, it was a good episode.

I liked the fact that Hero is going back to save someone we saw for only one episode in season 1. Now if they could only do a touch up on that girl left in the future...

Peter should keep the ability he as now... if he's trying to save people... what better way to do it then heal them?

Also, I don't like the syler subplot. It looks like he's going good now....

Comment

So how long till Sylar slaughters a whole carnival full of idiots?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        So how long till Sylar slaughters a whole carnival full of idiots?
        Tell me about it. They do not know what they are messing around with. It will be fun to watch when he is back to his old self, and realizes how they were using him.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          I really don't buy into the fact that Claire's blood wouldn't help hero because it's a tumor.

A tumor is a problem with the body and the cells, I believe her blood should have been able to help him.
          They explained that it would have made a difference- but it would have made the tumor grow a lot faster- essentially helping all of the body's cells out without discrimination. I thought they did a nice job of explaining that (and I'm glad that they didn't just forget about Claire's blood).

I can see the new Siler and old one coming together at the end of the season, making a massive internal conflict. One wants to do good, the other evil. Then he explodes.

Loved the scenes between Hiro and Emma.

Liked seeing Peter able to teleport again.

Glad there were no scenes with Claire's roommate. Talk about *yawn*.

This ep was much better than the previous 4 IMO. 8/10

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I'm quite perturbed about the ending of this episode. Hiro tried to go back many times before in Season One to try to save Charlie. It was also mentioned in the novel that spawned from that one episode. In the end, Charlie couldn't be saved due to destiny.

However, Hiro did share many memories during that segment.

I do see a tie in with Season One though, where the concept of 'must fix the past' comes into play. Much like 'Future Hiro' from season one on his lonesome path to fix the timeline, in this season, we see Hiro being persuaded, educated, or inspired by the Carnival leader (forget his name) that he can do little things to change the many little things that may not have a huge impact on the future but still make a meaningful change at that. Except that destiny cannot be tinkered with.

I suppose Hiro's last list of tasks may include going back in time to save his father. He has his ability to do so again, however, Adam Monroe and Arthur Patrelli would still be alive in this timeline.

Wouldn't matter much, because he's already now three years in the past trying to save Charlie again.

Comment

Well Hero can't save his dad, because his dad doesn't want to be saved.

Hero had the chance to save him from death before, but he wanted to die.

Comment

It's good to see idiocy on Peter's part to instead of teleporting Jeremy to Hiro, taking his ability and flying on a plane.

It's good to see they talked about Claire's blood again, but annoying that they didn't use it to resurrect Nathan. I mean, seriously, if her blood can heal Noah from a gunshot to the eye+brain, why can't it heal a cut throat? Utterly stupid - and they burned the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                  It's good to see idiocy on Peter's part to instead of teleporting Jeremy to Hiro, taking his ability and flying on a plane.

It's good to see they talked about Claire's blood again, but annoying that they didn't use it to resurrect Nathan. I mean, seriously, if her blood can heal Noah from a gunshot to the eye+brain, why can't it heal a cut throat? Utterly stupid - and they burned the body.
                  I'm still pissed she didn't use her blood to bring her roommate that jumped out the window back to life.

That little plot hole will bug me till the end of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post

Peter's new ability from the injection only allows him to absorb one ability at a time, so when he took the healing, he lost the teleporting. Same thing happen when he met the sound lady he lost the ability to run fast.

With Clair's blood there's probably a catch that the cells must be still fresh or alive. I don't think she can raise the dead. And that new kid with the healing, why can't he heal his dead parents, probably same issue, his parents were dead for too long, decomposed.

Comment

Peter's new ability from the injection only allows him to absorb one ability at a time, so when he took the healing, he lost the teleporting. Same thing happen when he met the sound lady he lost the ability to run fast.
                      Yes, that is possible, but I still doubt that would actually happen. In all other times he's had to be conscious for it to happen.

With Clair's blood there's probably a catch that the cells must be still fresh or alive. I don't think she can raise the dead.
                      Her blood has - they resurrected Noah who was shot in the eye by Suresh, and they were in a different state! Nathan was also just killed. God damn plot holes!

I was going to mention the room mate but I thought, hmm, maybe because she wasn't intended to be a main character Although that's just pure evil. Minor characters have rights too!

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                        And that new kid with the healing, why can't he heal his dead parents, probably same issue, his parents were dead for too long, decomposed.
                        Noah said specifically during the episode that he could only heal things that were damaged- only if it was still alive.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

So far this season, the writers seem to be struggling. They’ve made a few very good choices that should have helped to eliminate many of the missteps of the third season: they introduced a compelling new group of characters, and they reduced the number of plot threads captured in a single episode. On the other hand, they still insist on focusing on the same old cast of characters, and as a result, there is a feeling that the story has been there and don that already.

Samuel and the carnies continue to be among the best elements of the season thus far. Samuel’s motivations may be mysterious, but he has emerged as a very distinct personality, right down to his variable pseudo-Irish accent. I said in previous reviews that he reminded me somewhat of Magneto, and that’s still very much the case.

It’s clear that Samuel is willing to do whatever it takes to keep his “family” safe, and that he expects the same level of dedication and service of his people. It’s interesting to note that Lydia (who is captivating in this episode) is willing to sleep with Sylar to make him feel more at home. If she is disgusted by serving in such a capacity, she doesn’t show it. Clearly Edgar takes much more exception to Samuel’s expectations.

Trying to restore Sylar seems like a remarkably stupid thing to do. Samuel might be thinking ahead to a time when Edgar might challenge him for control of the “family”, and Edgar has already expressed a desire to stop playing hitman. Sylar is rather good at killing when he’s on top of his game, but Samuel might want to consider that a psychopath with an addiction to adding abilities to his arsenal through murder may not be the best addition to his metahuman commune.

Of course, the side of Sylar that is malicious and evil may be stuck in Matt Parkman’s head. Sylar’s body may remember what it means to be a killer and how to use his abilities, but Sylar himself is still operating with the wrong software. The combination of Nathan, residual Sylar, and whatever Samuel tries to fill into those psychological gaps may not be dangerous until Matt is subsumed by Sylar’s personality and goes on a hunt for his true hardware. That direction for the plot seems almost inevitable at this point.

Hiro’s subplot with Emma did much to bring her character into a better understanding of her gift, which should reap rewards in the future, but it didn’t seem to do much for Hiro. Hiro was pretty much the same as he ever is, and still dedicated to his mission to change the past for the better (despite all the evidence in earlier seasons that it’s not possible to do that). Either they are stringing out his fate as long as possible, or they are doing what they have always done: using some excuse to keep the most powerful metahumans in check until the conflict comes to a head.

Noah and Peter end up on a bit of a side mission to find Peter some healing powers (which ought to come in handy until he can find Hiro), and this supposedly gives Noah a better sense of purpose. That would be nice, because his search for personal direction has been getting old. It also doesn’t help that putting a limitation on the use of Claire’s blood (and one that doesn’t quite make sense) means introducing a character that is ripped right out of “The 4400”.

The biggest problem is that the show currently has very little in the way of momentum. The cast is still way too big, and the story is still too spread out. The writers would be much better served to gut the cast, streamline the story, and find a way to give the overall series a rousing climax. Instead, the pace is slower than it’s been in a very long time. I still like a lot of things about this show, but it continues to be one of the most frustrating.

Comment

I'm neither hating this series or loving it. I still hate the fact Peter is not even close to what he used to be. if they can control Sylar with all his powers why not Peter. i thought the idea was to have a good and a bad version of a main character then work from that at the moment Sylar could beat the all and no one can match him. They need to go back to how they started, hiro as the guy from the future trying to fix the past using peter as he is more powerful than most but still needs help against most forces (cos he's thick). I don't believe in all this he was too powerful rubbish he had a power instead of writing it out find a way to live with it instead of making him into this 1 trick pony each time he gets a power he gives it up for another...RUBBISH.

i do think they are going in the right direction and maybe do have an idea what there gonna do with the series

Comment

yeah, what's the deal with sound chic. So what if you can see pretty colours or crack a wall with your music. She does not seem like the evil type so it's a very boring new character.

Comment

Working...
                              X