Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 221
  1. #41
    Major Franklyn Blaze's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,382

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    I have to agree with Hal. There was much potential but the epic feeling was lost after season 1 ended, it was meh. I catch up with the episodes once or twice a year but feel not the slightest urge to watch every monday.

  2. #42
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

    I really hope we get at least one more season.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  3. #43
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    I am still holding out hope for at least one more season. I really hope we can get that, to wrap this show up properly.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  4. #44
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I am still holding out hope for at least one more season. I really hope we can get that, to wrap this show up properly.
    The thing is that since they've went with the Chapter approach without any over-arching storylines, there's not too much to wrap up.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

  5. #45
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    The thing is that since they've went with the Chapter approach without any over-arching storylines, there's not too much to wrap up.
    Having a full final season to work with though, they could really end this show with a bang.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  6. #46
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Having a full final season to work with though, they could really end this show with a bang.
    As the last years have shown, the writer's just haven't been pulling of any really bangs.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

  7. #47
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    As the last years have shown, the writer's just haven't been pulling of any really bangs.
    Personally, I wouldn't agree with that. But, that is just me.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  8. #48
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't agree with that. But, that is just me.
    When you look at the challenges that they've had to face over each individual chapter, they've all been fairly easy resolutions. Typically in shows, you don't see the series plot lines all wrapped up at the end of a season. There's always a mixture of resolution and unresolved conflict with the major villains. The only villain that's been carried over has been Sylar and while he's bad, they writer's backed away from him the end all, be all bad guy.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

  9. #49
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    i think the show could go on for atleast 1 more season...sure, Heroes isn't doing to great in ratings, but the rest of NBC's shows aren't doing to great either...

    hopefully, Chuck being the lead-in will bring Heroes a much needed ratings boost.....

  10. #50
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire, UK
    Posts
    629

    Default Re: Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

    Until such news becomes official, I'm not taking any of it.

    It's Probin' Time!

  11. #51
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Re: Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerilon View Post
    Until such news becomes official, I'm not taking any of it.
    Obviously, you've never heard the saying 'the writing is on the wall'.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

  12. #52
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire, UK
    Posts
    629

    Default Re: Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    Obviously, you've never heard the saying 'the writing is on the wall'.
    I have heard of it yeah, it represents doom (in a manner of speaking). However, I think this season of Heroes has really picked up the pace compared to the last two. They'd be fools not to give us at least one other season, to see how we do.

    It's Probin' Time!

  13. #53
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    Obviously, you've never heard the saying 'the writing is on the wall'.
    That doesn't mean we have to just accept it. Those of us who want this show to continue can still hope for the best.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

  14. #54
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    I am REALLY hoping that there is a much larger arc running through everything. I see evidence from the previous season / chapter (I lose which is which) that this may be occurring. For example:
    1. In the previous season/chapter, right towards the start we see Hiro go into the future and get zapped by Ando with his red energy power. In this "Flash forward" we see a cataclysmic event of a kind of earthquake or something. When i was watching that, I thought that it would have been that 'someone took the 'give a person a power drug' and been given a massive power to move continets or so. During this, and prior episodes, we see people painting / drawing prophecies of the earth cracking in two as well.

    Don't you think that its a bit of a coincidence that a season/chapter later, the main 'bad guy' has the power to control the earth.
    I've seen other, very small subtle hints, that the events from this future may be starting to play out, but I can't remember what they were and I only watch the episodes once.

    Hopefully this means that there's been a 'greater master plan' over the last 2 seasons/chapters that is leading to something. I know that it IS possible to have a master plan that plays out over a number of episodes but with only subtle hints along the way (look at all of Fringe Season 1), the question is
    a) are the Heroes writers that good / have they planned it out that much
    b) are these hints / subtle hints I've seen (and hopefully others have as well) actually put there on purpose or coincidence.
    c) do the writers realise the massive potential they've gotten themselves into.


    _________________
    On another note, I think the writers could do something great by adding in the philosophy of "no matter how much you go ahead and change the future, you cant change the overall outcome of things' i.e. some things were just meant to happen.
    For example, it would have made the show 10x better if everyone thought they'd prevented the "Five years gone" future from occurring, but by changing the present, they just changed the circumstances in which it happened. I was HOPING that they were going that way with the previous storyline (government hunting down specials) in the way that, it wasn't a bomb that set off the world knowing about specials and a mass culling / hunt, but a small private government programme being leaked out into the public and starting a similar future to the "Five Years Gone" one.... or the earthquake / cataclysm that started in Hiro's future where he got zapped by Ando setting off those events instead of a 'bomb' going off in NY.

    ____________
    In short, I think that there is a hell of a lot of potential to grow the storyline to new heights of goodness by connecting the events that have occurred in previous seasons, that could lead to an awesome final season (if this is it) if they start moving on it now. Unfortunately, I dont think the writers are going in this direction and they're flushing their chances of making the final season as good as the first one.

  15. #55
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_86 View Post
    I am REALLY hoping that there is a much larger arc running through everything. I see evidence from the previous season / chapter (I lose which is which) that this may be occurring. For example:
    1. In the previous season/chapter, right towards the start we see Hiro go into the future and get zapped by Ando with his red energy power. In this "Flash forward" we see a cataclysmic event of a kind of earthquake or something. When i was watching that, I thought that it would have been that 'someone took the 'give a person a power drug' and been given a massive power to move continets or so. During this, and prior episodes, we see people painting / drawing prophecies of the earth cracking in two as well.

    Don't you think that its a bit of a coincidence that a season/chapter later, the main 'bad guy' has the power to control the earth.
    I've seen other, very small subtle hints, that the events from this future may be starting to play out, but I can't remember what they were and I only watch the episodes once.

    Hopefully this means that there's been a 'greater master plan' over the last 2 seasons/chapters that is leading to something. I know that it IS possible to have a master plan that plays out over a number of episodes but with only subtle hints along the way (look at all of Fringe Season 1), the question is
    a) are the Heroes writers that good / have they planned it out that much
    b) are these hints / subtle hints I've seen (and hopefully others have as well) actually put there on purpose or coincidence.
    c) do the writers realise the massive potential they've gotten themselves into.


    _________________
    On another note, I think the writers could do something great by adding in the philosophy of "no matter how much you go ahead and change the future, you cant change the overall outcome of things' i.e. some things were just meant to happen.
    For example, it would have made the show 10x better if everyone thought they'd prevented the "Five years gone" future from occurring, but by changing the present, they just changed the circumstances in which it happened. I was HOPING that they were going that way with the previous storyline (government hunting down specials) in the way that, it wasn't a bomb that set off the world knowing about specials and a mass culling / hunt, but a small private government programme being leaked out into the public and starting a similar future to the "Five Years Gone" one.... or the earthquake / cataclysm that started in Hiro's future where he got zapped by Ando setting off those events instead of a 'bomb' going off in NY.

    ____________
    In short, I think that there is a hell of a lot of potential to grow the storyline to new heights of goodness by connecting the events that have occurred in previous seasons, that could lead to an awesome final season (if this is it) if they start moving on it now. Unfortunately, I dont think the writers are going in this direction and they're flushing their chances of making the final season as good as the first one.
    Nathan actually being Sylar would have also fit with the five years gone future...at the end of season 3 it seemed like that was the direction they were taking the show, but they went with the whole Sylar in Matt's have plot instead...

  16. #56
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by boyd22 View Post
    rumor's about this being heroes last season have popped again...E! Online is reporting that they have a "well-placed Heroes source" that says NBC is planning to end Heroes after this season and that is why Sendhil Ramamurthy was cast in that new NBC pilot.
    He has been replaced by Jerry O'Connell now.
    http://www.herosite.net/

  17. #57
    Captain
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,627

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    He has been replaced by Jerry O'Connell now.
    http://www.herosite.net/
    That still doesn't mean that Heroes is going to be around for another season. Since he's was already attached to another show, the only way that he could have been cast in the pilot was if he had been released from the show. Basically the producers saying we don't need you anymore. At minimum, his character is going away or being *seriously* reduced to a guest appearance status.

    The decision to place O'Connell in the role could be a decision that was entirely isolated to the other pilot that was not influenced by anything related to Heroes.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

  18. #58
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Gloucestershire, UK
    Posts
    629

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    He has been replaced by Jerry O'Connell now.
    http://www.herosite.net/
    We may not lose Mohinder just yet afterall.

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL2100 View Post
    That still doesn't mean that Heroes is going to be around for another season. Since he's was already attached to another show, the only way that he could have been cast in the pilot was if he had been released from the show. Basically the producers saying we don't need you anymore. At minimum, his character is going away or being *seriously* reduced to a guest appearance status.
    To be fair, thus far in Heroes, Mohinder has been in what, two episodes this season? Hardly anything more than a guest apperance at the moment..

    Chances are, his character was going to be reduced to a minor role, for him to also go work on this other show, but plans changed (maybe they got their next season) and are going to use his character more again.. Who knows.

    It's Probin' Time!

  19. #59
    Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward
    Posts
    11,412

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    NBC: 'Very good chance of Heroes return'

    NBC has described the chances of Heroes returning for a fifth season as "very good".

    The series, which recently dropped to a low of 4.57m, has been widely tipped for the axe.

    However, speaking at the TV Critics Association press tour, the network's president Angela Bromstad revealed that the show's creator Tim Kring will be pitching his ideas for a new season in the coming weeks and she believes it stands a decent chance of coming back.

    Production on the fourth season of Heroes recently wrapped, meaning that the February 8 season finale may serve as a series finale if NBC does decide to end it.

    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s1/...es-return.html

  20. #60
    General the fifth man's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.
    Posts
    34,107

    Default Re: The future of Heroes

    I really hope that is the case. Just one more season is all I ask.

    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Similar Threads

  1. Heroes, Writing, Standards & Future
    By Zealisreal in forum Heroes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM
  2. Future Heroes/Stargate RPG (Sort Of)
    By RoK in forum Heroes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
  3. Heroes Future Thread
    By monkey_man132 in forum Heroes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 19th, 2007, 12:55 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 27th, 2006, 12:06 AM
  5. the Tauri, humanitys future, and our role in that future: discusion thread.
    By immhotep in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 30th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •