Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Second Lieutenant

Default Re: The future of Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    Sadly, networks don't really care that much about that. Just their bottom line.
    exactly, i mean look what happened to stargate atlantis...they left us at a cliffhanger and then promised us a movie which is looking like it wont be out for awhile...

First Lieutenant

At least with Atlantis, we know that there is a script for a movie. There was talk of doing a movie before Atlantis ever went off the air. If Heroes is to be canceled, I personally can't see a movie to come out of it, as much as I'd like one.

In an ideal world, every show that is on air, should finish up with a movie if they are ended pre-maturely.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerilon View Post
    At least with Atlantis, we know that there is a script for a movie. There was talk of doing a movie before Atlantis ever went off the air. If Heroes is to be canceled, I personally can't see a movie to come out of it, as much as I'd like one.

In an ideal world, every show that is on air, should finish up with a movie if they are ended pre-maturely.
    Boy, wouldn't that be nice? If only.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I wouldn't mind a season 5 but I could see them canceling it after this season. So far this season they haven't done anything with the story accept rehash the first season.

Spoiler:
    Hiro is now going back in time so they can tell us the same story they already told us in season 1?

The first season of Heroes was amazing. Since then the writers have done everything in their power to ruin the show. I still enjoy the show, but it's so far down my list of shows that I wouldn't even care if it didn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by boyd22 View Post
    exactly, i mean look what happened to stargate atlantis...they left us at a cliffhanger and then promised us a movie which is looking like it wont be out for awhile...
    Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?

But Heroes seems to be dragging on a bit, I feel. Instead of watching episodes, I just read a plot summary. Sylar is the only character that seems remotely interesting, I find.

I am glad however, that it's given a few of the actors chance at a breakaway role, especially Zachary Quinto

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Cliffhanger? What cliffhanger?

But Heroes seems to be dragging on a bit, I feel. Instead of watching episodes, I just read a plot summary. Sylar is the only character that seems remotely interesting, I find.

I am glad however, that it's given a few of the actors chance at a breakaway role, especially Zachary Quinto
    cliffhanger wasn't exactly the right word to use, since the finale wasn't intended to be a cliffhanger...but the finale left us with alot of questions...

The show is dying, which is a real shame. If they wanna pick it up, they need to bring in some new blood with new powers. Stir things up a bit with Sylar getting his body back and stuff. Get back to the direction of the show they had in season one just without an american city going nuclear. Or maybe we have a load of people with powers planning to wipe out regular humans to make way for the new breed.

This whole thing with a loving carnival family that cares for you looking for recruits so far is suX0rz unless they're hatching the plan mentioned above which at least would be something.

I am along the minority, but I believe that Heroes is just as good right now as it was in the first season. However, based on my experience that has nothing to do with it getting cancelled
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Atlantis was pretty well wrap up compared to some other series out there, the worst that comes to mind is 4400, Odyssey 5, Defying Gravity, all left you on a cliff hanger.

As to this series, it the best since season 1, an in some ways I am actually liking it more than season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Atlantis was pretty well wrap up compared to some other series out there, the worst that comes to mind is 4400, Odyssey 5, Defying Gravity, all left you on a cliff hanger.

As to this series, it the best since season 1, an in some ways I am actually liking it more than season 1.
    The most painful cliffhanger I have seen as of late was My Own Worst Enemy.

I really wish this show was doing better. I don't want it to go away after this season.

"...phu...ah..."

This show has sealed its own fate, not to mention it has shot it self in the foot a few times.

We probably will get another season ( maybe ) because the ratings are still relatively high... but I doubt 2 more seasons.

This show has more inconsistencies and plot holes than the Bush Administration... but I still like it.

Second Lieutenant

despite the rumors, NBC executives have claimed that there has been no talk about rapping up the series this season...but like last season, we probably wont hear whether or not the shows been renewed until later in the season...if they're going to cancel it, its likely they'll do it within the next few episodes so the producers will have time to wrap things up...

despite the rumors, NBC executives have claimed that there has been no talk about rapping up the series this season...but like last season, we probably wont hear whether or not the shows been renewed until later in the season...if they're going to cancel it, its likely they'll do it within the next few episodes so the producers will have time to wrap things up...
    I would sure hope so. If this show is canceled, NBC better give TPTB time to wrap things up as much as they can.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    I would sure hope so. If this show is canceled, NBC better give TPTB time to wrap things up as much as they can.
    Hope can only be stretched so far my friend...

I don't think we would get an ending that's worth it.

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

If it is picked up for a 5th season, i have a feeling that it mite only be for an initial 13 episodes, with additional episodes dependent on the preformance of the first few. After all season 4 was only given 19 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    If it is picked up for a 5th season, i have a feeling that it mite only be for an initial 13 episodes, with additional episodes dependent on the preformance of the first few. After all season 4 was only given 19 episodes.
    I can see something like that happening.

"...phu...ah..."

Second Lieutenant

rumor's about this being heroes last season have popped again...E! Online is reporting that they have a "well-placed Heroes source" that says NBC is planning to end Heroes after this season and that is why Sendhil Ramamurthy was cast in that new NBC pilot.

this is only rumor though seeing as NBC has been unwilling to comment on it...seriously, if they're really planning on ending the show this season its best they go ahead and announce it sometime soon...if they end it now, it would give the shows producers enough time to come up with a proper ending for the show...

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

this is only rumor though seeing as NBC has been unwilling to comment on it...seriously, if they're really planning on ending the show this season its best they go ahead and announce it sometime soon...if they end it now, it would give the shows producers enough time to come up with a proper ending for the show...
    Your assuming that the producers havent already been informed behind closed doors. Just because there hasnt been a public statement saying the show is ending, dosent mean that the creative team havent been informed of it.

Captain

Default Article: This Just In: Heroes Expected to End, Ugly Betty Gets New Home

The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Captain

For the record, two weeks ago one of my roommates asked if he could watch 'House' preempting that week's episode of Heroes. I agreed and the next morning realized that I wasn't the least bit upset that I had missed Heroes.

I think that for me, I got over the plot inconsistencies, the shallow story arcs, the quick and easy resolutions, the incredibly promising twists that are never explored and finally forgotten about.

Oh and were their powers because of the eclipse or because of the mysterious drug that Company had? (That's a rhetorical question.)

It was such a promising show, but they failed to focus on developing the characters and really examining how an ordinary person lives with extraordinary powers.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210