The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    I did. As far as I'm concerned, Dean takes after his Mom, and this was a good explanation why hunting came so naturally to him. It's in his blood. I wonder if John ever found out that he was not the first person in the family to go after fuglies.

Interesting, I never thought of that connection between Dean and Mary before.

Would you have allowed Castiel to take over your body?
    Castiel I might have. An archangel where I'd be a vegetable or dead afterwards? Not so much!

Do you think it was a good choice to kill John as early in the series as they did?

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Castiel I might have. An archangel where I'd be a vegetable or dead afterwards? Not so much!

Do you think it was a good choice to kill John as early in the series as they did?
      It sure made for a heck of a shocker... And as much as I love JDM, I thought it was the right decision. The elusive Dad storyline was getting old, and if the three of them went back to hunting together we'd have Sam and John squabbling all the time, and it would mess with the boys' chemistry. The loss of their father also added layers of depth to the boys' characters, for example in the way they dealt with their grief. And finally, it gave Bobby the opportunity to slip into the role of surrogate Dad, which I adore.

If Adam had survived, do you think he would have joined his brothers?

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

If Adam had survived, do you think he would have joined his brothers?
        Doubt it. Even with Misha as a 'regular' this year, Kripke seems to realise that the story is best told through Sam and Dean alone. If Adam wanted to go off hunting, maybe he and Jo could have teamed up!

Did you find the teddy bear from Wishful Thinking too over the top?

Comment

Did you find the teddy bear from Wishful Thinking too over the top?
          I found it hilarious. It was just so amazingly done, I think that's how you'd expect something to react if it's just been animated and it finds that the world quite literally sucks. Anything less I think I would have been disappointed.

Do you think we'll ever see a large gathering of Angels in one place?
          sigpic
          Awesome sig by Laura
          "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
          Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

I kinda hope we don't if it's for a big battle. I like the more intimate, personal battles more. But it would totally depend on the scene.

Related to topics that have come up recently between our boys: Do you think Sam's and Dean's working relationship is unfairly balanced (as to who is in charge of all the different aspects of hunting)?

Comment

It's funny you mention it, because I've been thinking about this. I re-watched Nightshifter with Queen, and there was the scene where Sam and Dean interview Ronald, the night watchman who has the 'Mandroid' obsession. Dean totally lets Sam take point on this one. And when Sam tells Ronald that there's nothing at all to his theories, you can tell that Dean doesn't agree with it. But he holds his tongue and lets Sam do it his way. I know this is just one example, but it helps to support my opinion that the they were equals in their working relationship, even if Sam interpreted it in a different way.

Is there any kind of monster you would like to see on Spn that has not been introduced yet?

sigpic

Comment

Is there any kind of monster you would like to see on Spn that has not been introduced yet?
                I'm not very well versed in the 'classic' monsters of horror and urban legend, so I don't really know of any more aside from the very silly: Frankenstein, Godzilla, Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Blob....hmmm, the Blob. So needless to say, there aren't any more that I am looking for. I count on the show to introduce me to all these great stories.

I have been extremely impressed at how perfectly they match the guest/recurring roles to the actors on Supernatural, but are there any times that you think they really didn't 'hit it' well?

Comment

I have been extremely impressed at how perfectly they match the guest/recurring roles to the actors on Supernatural, but are there any times that you think they really didn't 'hit it' well?
                  There was one that bugged me Big Time. Young Dean in After School Special. To quote Becky, so NOT what I pictured. Apart from the fact that I didn't see any likeness to Dean, his attitude rubbed me all wrong. Sure, adult Dean is a womanizer, but he does it with a twinkle in his eye and without taking himself too seriously. The young dude was just too full of himself. Oh, and the Pocahontas look-alike in Provenance. She was just a face, IMHO, there was no chemistry at all.

If they ever went on holiday, where do you think Sam and Dean would go?

sigpic

Comment

I would hope Dean someday makes it to the Grand Canyon, although I think he'd have more fun in Vegas!

Would you like it if Ben turned out to be Dean's son?

Comment

Definitely! They had a great chemistry together

Do you thing that its even possible for the boys to live a normal life, when all is said and done and the Apocalypse is over?
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        Definitely! They had a great chemistry together

Do you thing that its even possible for the boys to live a normal life, when all is said and done and the Apocalypse is over?
                        That depends on your definition of 'normal'. I could imaging them finding a proper home, settling down in one place. But I don't think they'd give up hunting. They couldn't stop themselves from taking care of supernatural business and saving people when they read about it in the paper or online. On the other hand, if the Angels win the Apocalypse all the fuglies may buy it, and the boys would have to settle into a civilian life.

So folllow-up question - what do you think Sam and Dean would do if there was nothing left for them to hunt?

sigpic

Comment

That depends on your definition of 'normal'. I could imaging them finding a proper home, settling down in one place. But I don't think they'd give up hunting. They couldn't stop themselves from taking care of supernatural business and saving people when they read about it in the paper or online. On the other hand, if the Angels win the Apocalypse all the fuglies may buy it, and the boys would have to settle into a civilian life.

So folllow-up question - what do you think Sam and Dean would do if there was nothing left for them to hunt?
                          Hmmm, we sort of got away from the 'Yes/No" question format, didn't we? Not that I care!

I think Dean would definitely be a mechanic. It seems to be the one other part of his life where he seems totally confident of his abilities. Sam, I have no clue! Maybe in Law Enforcement? I think he changed too much to want to go back to being a lawyer. I think he would want a more active (and action-oriented) role in stopping bad guys, even if they were human.

More follow up: at the end of a series, do you LIKE to see the "What happened afterwards" (as opposed to just stopping it at the end [or in the middle even] of the apocalyptic battle, a la Angel)?

Comment

Hmmm, we sort of got away from the 'Yes/No" question format, didn't we? Not that I care!
                            Oops, you're right, sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Glad you don't mind, though, sometimes I just can't think of the proper question.

More follow up: at the end of a series, do you LIKE to see the "What happened afterwards" (as opposed to just stopping it at the end [or in the middle even] of the apocalyptic battle, a la Angel)?
                            That would depend where there'll be a S6 or not. If it's the end, I wouldn't mind getting an idea what the future will hold for the boys. I don't think I could stand a cliffie, I'll need closure.

Do you think there's more between Dean and Jo than a sibling like relationship?

sigpic

Comment

Do you think there's more between Dean and Jo than a sibling like relationship?
                              I thought the explanation in BUABS had it right. I think that Jo would like it to be more, but that Dean thinks of her as a little sister.

Spoiler for S5 ep Abandon All Hope trailer
                              Spoiler:
                              That's why I am very curious from the trailer for this one what is happening between Dean and Jo. Because from interviews, the writers all realised that Dean didn't think of Jo that way, that's why they dropped the storyline and put in those remarks in BUABS. So WHY is Dean kissing her? (That IS Jo he's kissing, isn't it?) I don't mind them sibling-like, I don't think they are a good match couple-wise, though.

Did you think Dean's death by Hellhounds was too graphic?

Comment

I thought the explanation in BUABS had it right. I think that Jo would like it to be more, but that Dean thinks of her as a little sister.

Spoiler for S5 ep Abandon All Hope trailer
                                Spoiler:
                                That's why I am very curious from the trailer for this one what is happening between Dean and Jo. Because from interviews, the writers all realised that Dean didn't think of Jo that way, that's why they dropped the storyline and put in those remarks in BUABS. So WHY is Dean kissing her? (That IS Jo he's kissing, isn't it?) I don't mind them sibling-like, I don't think they are a good match couple-wise, though.
                                Spoiler:
                                Lizzie believes it's the famous 'Kiss of Death'. You know, when a couple finally gets together, only to have one of them die right after? That's my working theory ATM.

Did you think Dean's death by Hellhounds was too graphic?
                                Actually, I was surprised it didn't bother me that much. I'm usually not a blood-and-gore fan, but in this case I felt it was justified. It made Dean's sacrifice even greater, having to face what he did at the fangs and claws of the hellhounds. Actually, the next shot where Dean is hanging from those hooks, calling for Sam was a lot worse for me.

Did you like the way vampires were portrayed on Spn?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X