The "no YES or NO" Spn Q&A game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post

Do you think the pilot episode is still a good representation of what the show is about as a whole now that we are 4.5 years into it? (make sense?)
    Definitely. The pilot is about two dysfunctional brothers coming together to fight things that go bump in the night, and the show is about that. Sure, some things have changed, especially the relationship between Sam and Dean, but at the core of it all it is the pilot is still a good and strong window into what you can expect in the next five seaons. The relationship between two siblings, the fighting of the evil monster, the unexpected twists and surprises and good putting down evil no matter how hard it may be.

S5.10 question
    Spoiler:
    Do you think Jo and Ellen moved on after they blew themselves up?
    sigpic
    Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
      S5.10 question
      Spoiler:
      Do you think Jo and Ellen moved on after they blew themselves up?
      Spoiler:
      I think so. Jo seemed very accepting of what had happened, and Ellen is way to cool and accepting of life in general to become an angry spirit.

Would you name your child and/or pet after Supernatural (Dean, Bobby, Jensen, Jared, Lilith,...Azazel )?

Comment

Would you name your child and/or pet after Supernatural (Dean, Bobby, Jensen, Jared, Lilith,...Azazel )?
        A pet maybe, although it might be difficult - you tend to name a pet when you get it, but at that time you don't know its character yet. A child never. It would be too dangerous to project the personality of the character onto the kid, and that sounds like a very unhealthy thing to me.

On the show there have been several instances where the boys - under the influence of some spell or spirit - voiced their resentments or jealousy of each other. And later denied that they had meant it. Do you think this is really an issue, or is it just the fact that the creature (e.g. the Siren) messed with their heads?

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          On the show there have been several instances where the boys - under the influence of some spell or spirit - voiced their resentments or jealousy of each other. And later denied that they had meant it. Do you think this is really an issue, or is it just the fact that the creature (e.g. the Siren) messed with their heads?
          You can be jealous or resent family members (and other people) without it becoming a 'deal breaker' in your relationship. Like I am jealous that my siblings are all married with kids, and I know they get jealous that I have no one tying me down, but it doesn't mean we harbour ill-will towards each other, or are not still happy for each other and our accomplishments. I think that is where Sam and Dean are on these issues. I am sure at times Dean really is jealous that Sam got to have a 'real' life for a couple years in college, or Sam resents the way Dean treats him like a little boy sometimes. But I think they accept what life has given them regardless and don't carry that anger around 24/7. They are feelings that they can push to the side, until a supernatural outside force pushes them to the forefront.

Can you notice a style difference for each of the various directors?
          Last edited by Crichiel; 28 November 2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: Clarification! Original didn't make sense!!

Comment

Can you notice a style difference for each of the various directors?
            I guess I'm a really shallow person, but I don't really take note who wrote or directed which episode. So I couldn't say. But now that you mention it, it's a really intriguing question, and something I will look out for on my next re-watch. (And I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!)

If one of the boys had to die at the end of S5, do you think Sam would be able to better deal with his losing his brother than Dean would?

sigpic

Comment

I guess I'm a really shallow person, but I don't really take note who wrote or directed which episode. So I couldn't say. But now that you mention it, it's a really intriguing question, and something I will look out for on my next re-watch. (And I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!)

I actually can't tell the difference. That's why I was curious if anyone else could. They'll say in the commentaries how "This is a typical Kim Manners shot." Or "Only Ben Edlund would write something like this.", but I never see it. The only change I noticed was when Kripke was told against his will to change the look for season 3. I'm glad they changed it back!

If one of the boys had to die at the end of S5, do you think Sam would be able to better deal with his losing his brother than Dean would?
              Interesting. Until it actually happened, I would have thought Sam that would have handled Dean's death in a healthy manner...but we soon learned THAT wasn't true, didn't we? Though, I still do think he would handle it better than Dean. I think that Sam still looks at life more logically (even more so now), and Dean is all emotion. Funny, since Dean is always accusing Sam of being the 'girl'!

Do you think Dean would be able to deal with Bobby's death without spiraling like he did with John's death?

Comment

The only change I noticed was when Kripke was told against his will to change the look for season 3. I'm glad they changed it back!
                What kind of 'look' were they aiming for? Do you mean the purported 'love interests'?

Do you think Dean would be able to deal with Bobby's death without spiraling like he did with John's death?
                That depends when it would happen. With the
                Spoiler:
                Apocalypse on hand and Michael on his tail I think Dean would be to busy ATM to go into a nosedive, no matter what happens.
                Otherwise I'm sure he'd be just as broken up about Bobby as he was about John's death. Bobby has become a surrogate father to the boys, and his loss would be very difficult for Dean to bear.

Do you feel that Dean's being portrayed as the 'brainless jock' or that it's implied that he's more intelligent than he lets on?

sigpic

Comment

What kind of 'look' were they aiming for? Do you mean the purported 'love interests'?

Do you feel that Dean's being portrayed as the 'brainless jock' or that it's implied that he's more intelligent than he lets on?
                  I can't remember where I read it, I think in the Supernatural magazine. Kripke was talking about how people had noticed in season 3 how they used more light and the colour palette had warmer tones, but said not to worry because they were going back to their usual look for season 4. I actually HAD noticed that difference. It doesn't scream at you, but it is there.

The best example of this is the end scene in It's a Terrible Life when Zachariah touched Dean. Until then, you might not have even noticed the colour being 'off' for the whole episode...then you see it shot in it's usual grey-er tone and you go, "Hey! Yeah, that DOES seem more Supernatural-ly." Season 3 was like the pre-Zachariah part of the episode. A bit brighter in colour, with more yellows and less blacks, and a little more 'beauty light' on the boys (like they need it! ). Ok, back to the question:

I don't think of him as a jock for one, he comes off as 'I was too cool for organised sports'. Brainless? Not really. I don't think Sam thinks of him that way either, despite his surprise when Dean comes up with a reference. I think Sam (and the viewer) sees Dean as less 'intellectual'. Not that he isn't smart, but more that he is more street smart. That he was never that concerned about being book smart because 1) School was secondary to taking care of Sam, John, and hunting, and most of what is learned in school wouldn't help him with that. 2) Again, he was too cool to learn the 'geek' stuff 3) He had 'geek' Sammy around, who was great at that stuff, so let him do it!

Hindsight is 20/20, but do you think Sam's reasons for following Ruby were understandable/sound, not knowing who she was really working for? And if so, up to what point?

Comment

I can't remember where I read it, I think in the Supernatural magazine. Kripke was talking about how people had noticed in season 3 how they used more light and the colour palette had warmer tones, but said not to worry because they were going back to their usual look for season 4. I actually HAD noticed that difference. It doesn't scream at you, but it is there.
                    Ah, okay, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to look for that during my next re-watch. Which may be coming up very soon, I think I've managed to corrupt convince somebody else to give the show a try.

Hindsight is 20/20, but do you think Sam's reasons for following Ruby were understandable/sound, not knowing who she was really working for? And if so, up to what point?
                    Actually, I saw Malleus Maleficarum not too long ago, and I think that illustrated very well the difference between Dean and Sam. Where demons are concerned, Dean's world is black or white. Sam is either more open minded or more idealistic (wanting to believe there's a bit of good in everyone) so he's willing to give Ruby the benefit of the doubt. And at first she did position herself as a great asset, with saving Sam from the 'Magnificent Seven' and Dean from the witch, fixing the colt and giving them intel. But I'd say the moment she started talking about him drinking demon blood all his alarms should have gone off. I'm not sure we actually know when he took his first swig. If it was during the time Dean was still in hell it may be more understandable given the state Sam was in then, probably not even caring what happened to him.

Of the seven deadly sins, Lust came after Dean and Pride (and a few others) went after Sam. Which one do you think would have come after you?

sigpic

Comment

Of the seven deadly sins, Lust came after Dean and Pride (and a few others) went after Sam. Which one do you think would have come after you?
                      Probably Wrath. I have a pretty wicked temper.

Do you think Sheriff Whats-Her-Name-Original-Weir was right to kill Pa Bender in The Benders?

Comment

Do you think Sheriff Whats-Her-Name-Original-Weir was right to kill Pa Bender in The Benders?
                        Hell yeah! As Dean said, that was one sick puppy, and I don't think he was fit to keep living in any human community.

Do you think Sam would have stayed with Madison and given up hunting if there had been a way to reverse the whole werewolf thing?

sigpic

Comment

Hell yeah! As Dean said, that was one sick puppy, and I don't think he was fit to keep living in any human community.

Do you think Sam would have stayed with Madison and given up hunting if there had been a way to reverse the whole werewolf thing?
                          I don't think he would have given up hunting. At that point, I think he kind of accepted their need for the hunting life again. Especially since the YED was still around and he was still trying to figure out his visions. And there was his overwhelming concern in season 2 that he was going to turn evil. That alone would have probably kept him out of a long-term relationship, for fear of getting Madison hurt.

Is there one episode that you could call a favourite? Not a favourite finale or premiere, not a favourite Dean ep or Sam ep, funny ep or serious ep, not a favourite of a particular season, but ONE episode out of the 92 that stands above all others for you?

Comment

Is there one episode that you could call a favourite? Not a favourite finale or premiere, not a favourite Dean ep or Sam ep, funny ep or serious ep, not a favourite of a particular season, but ONE episode out of the 92 that stands above all others for you?
                            Actually, there is. It's Folsom Prison Blues since it's the first Spn episode I ever watched. A friend recommended it to me, so I went on YT, and that's the first one I found. I was hooked instantly. And the moment Dean got whumped by the creepy nurse ghost made me a Dean girl forever.

Would you say that every season so far has been better than the ones before it? And which one is your favorite?

sigpic

Comment

Would you say that every season so far has been better than the ones before it? And which one is your favorite?
                              I actually wouldn't. Sorry. I think season 3 was amazing, season 4 was outstanding, and I adore season 5 so far....but, season 2 was unbelievable to me. If I had to list 10 favourite episodes, something like 6 or 7 of them would be from that season alone! So, it WOULD be true for me that each season it gets better, but so far nothing has topped season 2.

Hmmm, how to phrase for a 'yes or no'? Ok, Do you have a favourite Dean-death from Mystery Spot?

Comment

I actually wouldn't. Sorry. I think season 3 was amazing, season 4 was outstanding, and I adore season 5 so far....but, season 2 was unbelievable to me. If I had to list 10 favourite episodes, something like 6 or 7 of them would be from that season alone! So, it WOULD be true for me that each season it gets better, but so far nothing has topped season 2.

Hmmm, how to phrase for a 'yes or no'? Ok, Do you have a favourite Dean-death from Mystery Spot?
                                I'm torn. I love the electrocution, where his bones shine through just like in a comic. But I also love the scene with the dog - that was so unexpected! And of course the twist of Sammy killing him with the axe in the haunted house... I just can't decide. Each and every one was brilliant in its own right, and I would have loved to see more of them. For example Sam's comment that the waitress is such a bad archer opens up endless possibilities I would have liked to see.

Okay, no way I can phrase this as "yes or no' - who do you think takes more after their father, Sam or Dean?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X