No announcement yet.

Is Anyboidy Else Scared For Eli?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I'm more afraid for the rest of them. Eli doesn't appear to be the kind of guy who skips a meal. How long before crew members start disappearing?

Comment

"I'm higher than you on the food chain, get in my belly. I like my baby back, baby back, baby back... ribs!"

Comment

And I bet he'll blame it all on the poor homicidal Kinos...
        They're just doing his bidding.

Comment

If those kinos have laser weapons on them, Eli's odds just got a whole lot better. Seriously though, the crew have a right to be paranoid, but handling it this way is the worst possible method.

Comment

I have to wonder if Eli spying on James with the Kino was revenge for being dragged away from Chloe...
            If so, Eli can handle himself in immature yet funny little ways.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
              Nah, Eli is in the "friend" zone. Anyone else know what that's like?
              Do I ever!

Oh, and Math boy!
              I like that nickname, as it is used for Eli

Originally posted by Lantean General View Post
              Hell, being on the other side of the Universe, with no power, little water, no bathroom facilities and no chance in hell of getting back to Earth wouldn't bother me that much if I could get it on with Chloe.
              I'm practical to the point that I'd choose to stay on Earth.
              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Aah the friend zone. God dammit stupid friend zone. The friend zone is like when you get those readers digest contest things in the mail......you open it thinking that you may have won, but you haven't. In fact you are a long long long way from winning.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Aah the friend zone. God dammit stupid friend zone. The friend zone is like when you get those readers digest contest things in the mail......you open it thinking that you may have won, but you haven't. In fact you are a long long long way from winning.
                  Never has a statement been truer. Honestly, its nice that they are trying a little to break the stereotypical "geek" character.

Comment

I think Eli will be alright. He's already the "go-to" guy for everybody. The people outside the loop apparently figured he was the best candidate to get answers from. Young seems to find him useful, even Rush seems to appreciate him. Remember the scene( not sure of the exact lines) where Young was trying to convince Rush that he needed help? Rush says, "Then get me Eli." When he didn't get Eli, it seemed like he was absolutely dead set on getting rid of the other scientist as soon as he walked in the room.

Comment

I hate those things... "There's a slim chance you might win stuff if you subscribe to lots of junkmail..."
                      Oh, the friend zone... On the plus side only one of my beyond-friends relationships has ended up parked in the friend-zone. On the minus side, that's 100%
                      I can relate a lot to Eli... except I didn't drop out, I'm not quite so Math Boy, I live with two parents and some younger siblings, I have a steady job, I'm fairly skinny, and I only wish I could play videogames all day. I do make a lot of lame jokes and references though.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

The other scientists are unbelievably stupid.

Comment

It's like this...
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------
                          \/ |
                          Friend ---------------------- Initial Meeting --------------------- Lover

We all unintentionally pick a direction, either straight to Friend, or go to Lover then back to Friend.

Wow...what a pathetic ASCII art attempt that was
                          Last edited by Encoder; 19 October 2009, 06:45 PM. Reason: Patheticness in ASCII art attempt :P
                          Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                            i was thinking sooner, they seem to have lost all respect for the chain of command(not jayne's "chain of command") very quickly,
                            i presume they're supposed to be fairly well regarded soldiers to make it to a top secret facility like icarus base! seems a bit quick to start questioning whats going on, soldiers don't have to understand, just do!
                            re "fairly well regarded soldiers"
                            Are you kidding! They had a "DETENTION WING" in Icarus Base.
                            Or is that for drunk civvies?!?!

It was probably Telford or Camile's idea.
                            sigpic
                            Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
                              re "fairly well regarded soldiers"
                              Are you kidding! They had a "DETENTION WING" in Icarus Base.
                              Or is that for drunk civvies?!?!

It was probably Telford or Camile's idea.
                              Pfft. Everybody knows the Detention Wing is for officers having sex! Why else did Scott and James go to that closet? Because their usual spot was occupied by Greer, of course!
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think even though they all ganged up on him, they still find him a like-able person. I can understand the frustration of them all being kept in the dark and not knowing what is happening next. I think a reason they chose to gang up on him also is because they feel that they can trust him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X