Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought they found a 9 chev address in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they found a 9 chev address in Atlantis?

“We’ve known the first 8 symbols for years; the 9th has to be point of origin.” I’m sorry I thought they found a 9 chev address in Atlantis? What am I missing?

Originally posted by ViRuS 88 View Post
    “We’ve known the first 8 symbols for years; the 9th has to be point of origin.” I’m sorry I thought they found a 9 chev address in Atlantis? What am I missing?
    They have been in Atlantis for a while now... and they did find in the Atlantis database, as stated earlier by I think Daniel Jackson during his intro vid.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

actually we were never really told it was atlantis...they said the ancient database, they may have found some ancient database somewhere

Comment

Q. Did the Ancients in SGA:The Return ever try to dial a 9 Chevron address from Atlantis? I'm thinking not as a) O'Neill and Woolsey should have known and b) would that address be in the Atlantis systems after anyway (for Rodney or Zalenka to find) and c) Atlantis gate ZPM powered was not equal to what was required at Icarus Base to successfully dial to Destiny.
        sigpic
        Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

why would they, they just came out of stasis, destiny was the least of their concerns

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            why would they, they just came out of stasis, destiny was the least of their concerns
            True! They were focussing on Atlantis and repairing it! The Destiny was not designed to have a crew!
            Lord Zedd

Comment

When Daniel said in the video 'The Ancient Database', I think he was referring to the one they found when Jack had the Ancient knowledge downloaded into his head in 'The Fifth Race'. He put a shed-load of addresses into the computer. Maybe the Destiny address was one of them even then.
              Check out my Stargate Fan-Fic:
              STARGATE : REGENESIS

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
                Q. Did the Ancients in SGA:The Return ever try to dial a 9 Chevron address from Atlantis? I'm thinking not as a) O'Neill and Woolsey should have known and b) would that address be in the Atlantis systems after anyway (for Rodney or Zalenka to find) and c) Atlantis gate ZPM powered was not equal to what was required at Icarus Base to successfully dial to Destiny.
                They had no reason to go to the destiny i thought, it was doing what it was supposed to do without any help... and the ancients wouldn't really need to try the 9th chevron address as they could more than likely just appear there in the blink of an eye...

Comment

From Air PT 1:

RUSH (still concentrating on the board): Power flow was in the target range. Why wouldn't the address connect?

WALLACE: Wrong address?

RUSH: There is only one found in the Ancient database on Atlantis.
                  The address came from Atlantis, probably sometime in season 3, since Rush states that it took two years to find the base.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by UniverseSizePlotHole View Post
                    The Destiny was more than likely launched thousands of years before the Ancients in The Return were even born. I doubt very much that they would even think about the Destiny in their day to day lives. Especially when they have just returned to Atlantis after, what was it 10-12 years, on board their warship at .999 the speed of light.

As a side note... I wonder if Ancient children learn about their history, the Destiny and the Ori in 'Ancient School' when their young??
                    Meh.

Comment

They need to firmly establish when Destiny was launched and if it is indeed older than Atlantis. It would clear up much confusion.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        They need to firmly establish when Destiny was launched and if it is indeed older than Atlantis. It would clear up much confusion.
                        The question was put to Mallozzi again and in a most recent blog he answered:

EternalDensity writes: “Is Destiny millions of years old (necessary for it to be older than Atlantis, have the potentially oldest stargate, and be a millions of years long trip from Earth) or is it under a million years old (which seems to be indicated by a couple of lines of dialogue in SGU)?”

Answer [Mallozzi]: I’m going to say millions.
                        Bold-faced emphasis is mine.
                        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                          The question was put to Mallozzi again and in a most recent blog he answered:

Bold-faced emphasis is mine.

This needs to be established in dialogue.

I know people hate BSG references, so forgive this, but this is "exactly" what Ron Moore did.

He got into the habit of correcting mistakes AND introducing critical information in his podcasts; most of the time not even bothering to ever put it in dialogue and just assume people hear him and work from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
                            True! They were focussing on Atlantis and repairing it! The Destiny was not designed to have a crew!
                            So undesigned for a crew, they even made quarters for everyone.
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

If you have SGA S5 DVDs you can watch deleted scenes. There's a deleted scene for S5E6 The Shrine where Zelenka talks to Rodney about the nine chevron "address" they found in the Atlantis' database.

Part 1, Disc 4

The Shrine — Brad Wright had written a scene to help set up Stargate Universe that got cut. In it, Zelenka catches Rodney in the corridor on his way to the mission where he gets infected. Zelenka tries to tell Rodney that the ninth chevron may enable one to travel millions of light years across the universe, rather than only across a galaxy. Rodney rejects the idea completely The scene ends with a funny exchange between Teyla and Ronon, who have been watching the discussion.
                              Source:
                              http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...cene-features/
                              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Working...
                              X