Stealing Mass Effect music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by term View Post
    It's likely Mass Effect (although I haven't heard it) borrowed from Blade Runner as well.
    Blade Runner, original BSG, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars... every 70s, 80s and 90s sci-fi trope that got discarded in the 00s made a roaring comeback in that epic game
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
      That would be awesome, only if we can watch the epic scene where the Reaper reveals itself.

"I am beyond your comprehension, I am Destiny"
      "You Exist because I allow it, You will end because I demand it"
      "I am the vanguard of your destruction"
      "Indeed"
      One of the greatest stories ever told

Comment

There are many styles of music used in science fiction music. Space music is very distinctive. Everybody borrows from someone else.

Comment

Mass Effect won numerous awards for its score, and had (in my opinion) the best original score of any game I've ever played. There is so much more to video games than most people care to give their attention to, and Mass Effect did a brilliant job displaying that and bringing those things to the forefront. SGU's sequence did sound similar, but I see that as a good thing

Comment

Yeah, I noticed though I felt like I was the only one who enjoyed it...
            :
            "There must be some way out of here..."

Comment

mass effect stole the music from something else. so dont jump into conclusions. btw the music can be heard in blade runner. i love it and it works well with SGU theme.
              sigpic

Comment

The Last Episode "Water" had some music towards the end that was very reminiscent of the music you hear at the start or the first Mass Effect game, the bit where they introduce Sheppard as he stares out of the window. Which is not a bad thing as it works really well in both franchises. Great score.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Mass Effect is probably tied as my favorite science fiction setting next to Stargate, and totally in my top three for favorite video games. I honestly don't think the music was all that similar to be completely awesome. I think Joel's too good to rip off of someone else.

Comment

Mass Effect is a style of Ambient music, like Aphex Twin. I'm partial with the style.
                    Bridge Commander and Wing Commander Prophecy is one of the best scores I've ever heard and I would have easily put them at the top if not for Mass Effect.

Comment

Funny. They have a thread exactly like this on the Mass Effect 2 board.

'Fess up. Which one of you made it?

Comment

SGU sound track is the best of the 3 Stargate series!
                        Looks like a sound of a big long shot production!
                        Stargate fan - city of Curitiba-Brazil

Comment

End of "Light"
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6go7xhIGfYE

Mass Effect Theme
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVm_ljDSdwA

Comment

You know that music from Light really does seem very familiar. Or at least parts of it. Aren't there places in Mass Effect with a similar theme? Like maybe Virimire or the Battle of the Citadel. Maybe I am remembering incorrectly.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              I will say, though, that long, droning tones are something that almost every composer uses when wanting to portray a tense, suspenseful, or somber feeling in the music.
                              Originally posted by Lightning Ducj View Post
                              I would say that the music is appropriately atmospheric in most places... but pretty much any context (video game or movie or tv show) going for that kinda music to set that kind of mood is going to use, or end up, with something pretty similar
                              Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                              Blade Runner, original BSG, Firefly, Star Trek, Star Wars... every 70s, 80s and 90s sci-fi trope that got discarded in the 00s made a roaring comeback in that epic game
                              when I first started to watch SGU, it made me think of Firefly. That doesn't mean they ripped off Firefly; it's just a common way to set a tone, so nope, I don't see it as being ripped off.

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              Get your hands off of my music, you darned, dirty ape!
                              you are full of awesome
                              sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Okay I really have nothing to contribute but shaking my fist (in a good way) at this whole thread. I never fully got through Mass Effect. I bought it, played it until near the end and then lost my save data in a format. Since then (almost 2 years ago?) I have tried multiple times to get back into it and finish it so I can move on to the second game but have a really hard time going through everything again. There's so much, which is precisely why I love Bioware, but I haven't been able to stick with it to finish it.

This thread, you guys *tear* are my inspiration. Going to load er up this week and make myself finish the game.

Also Darkness is the episode I'm watching on Blu-ray now...well now after I click save post.
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by dacooker
                                The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Working...
                                X