Young's (ex)wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's (ex)wife?

I'm not quite sure what their relationship is supposed to be but....she's kind of cold. I mean granted last time we saw her she was being dug out of ice in Antarctica but still...she could show a little compassion
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Spoiler:
    Isn't Young a cheating *******?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Wait...did I miss that? when did that happend?
      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        Spoiler:
        Even so, I got the impression that wasn't the reason...
        Him being away on command and choosing it over her made me think that's what made them a little cold...
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Even so, I got the impression that wasn't the reason...
          Him being away on command and choosing it over her made me think that's what made them a little cold...
          Still...I mean basically saying "bye! hope everything works out" was...just...sheesh...cold blooded

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
            Still...I mean basically saying "bye! hope everything works out" was...just...sheesh...cold blooded
            Cold-blooded? Maybe she's an alien lizard in disguise...Has she been cast in "V" yet?

Comment

Judging from what I have seen thus far, I believe Col Young cheated on his wife, and I think the other person he cheated with might have been TJ the medic... That's usually grounds for divorce.

Meanwhile, for those who might have gone "she looks familiar", Young's ex-wife was played by Ona Grauer, who was in the "Frozen" ep of SG1, and in "Rising" as the Ancient you see first thing before the Ancients leave the city.

Comment

is there anything to actually suggest he cheated?

bc i never got that feeling..... i got the impression that perhaps, given his medical condition, that he might have agreed with his wife that he would retire at the end of his pre-icarus tour..... but changed his mind when he was offered a Command post - which is a HUGE deal for military brass... and she got pissed because he broke the promise, and re-upped for 2 more years... (it's a typical military-wife story)
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Judging from what I have seen thus far, I believe Col Young cheated on his wife, and I think the other person he cheated with might have been TJ the medic... That's usually grounds for divorce.
                  I agree!

Also, judging from the story and body language, I suspect...

Spoiler:
                  that TJ must have submitted her resignation after some people (like Camile Wray, the IOA HR rep) discovered that TJ was having an affair with her superior officer, Everett Young. I suspect this based on the interaction between TJ and Wray in "Air part 1", where Wray accused TJ of resigning to protect someone, and the interaction between Young and Wray in "Darkness" when Young told Wray that he didn't know why TJ resigned, and then Wray gave him a dirty look.
                  There is no spoon...

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                    I'm not quite sure what their relationship is supposed to be but....she's kind of cold. I mean granted last time we saw her she was being dug out of ice in Antarctica but still...she could show a little compassion
                    She's probably in shock too. Maybe being cold is just her way dealing with it. People deal with their emotions in various ways.

After all, she did just find out that her husband is on a spaceship 'on the other side of the universe' with no way home, but comes and visits her in another mans body. I don't know about you, but if my girlfriend/wife did the same thing, I would be in shock.

I feel for Young though. I feel bad for him.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                      She's probably in shock too. Maybe being cold is just her way dealing with it. People deal with their emotions in various ways.

After all, she did just find out that her husband is on a spaceship 'on the other side of the universe' with no way home, but comes and visits her in another mans body. I don't know about you, but if my girlfriend/wife did the same thing, I would be in shock.

I feel for Young though. I feel bad for him.
                      I am sure the story behind what is going on with Young and his "wife" will become clearer as the season progresses.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How would you react if your spouse, whom you were already really ticked off at for taking a post that would keep you apart for months at a time (or longer), came to visit you in the body of another person saying it was going to be even longer and maybe never again?
                        sigpic

Comment

It is important to note that she was still wearing her ring.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                            How would you react if your spouse, whom you were already really ticked off at for taking a post that would keep you apart for months at a time (or longer), came to visit you in the body of another person saying it was going to be even longer and maybe never again?
                            i'd suck it up and support her

and ask if she's up for a quasi-threesome
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Judging from what I have seen thus far, I believe Col Young cheated on his wife, and I think the other person he cheated with might have been TJ the medic...
                              Hey, that's what I think too! Since the pilot I've had the feeling that there was something between Young and TJ.
                              sigpic
                              FOX Network

Comment

Working...
                              X