X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
    Just watched the newest ep and....
    Spoiler:
    I was surprised that Matt actually was more concerned for her over Eli. I knew that he was busy with his mom but still I was really surprised about that. I thought that Matt would run for the hills as soon as he found out that Chloe was sick with alien DNA or whatever
    Well I thought if fit perfectly for Eli.
    Spoiler:
    All in all Eli's just a big child from time to time and for some things. This is yet another example. He's just not seeing anything bad. And then as you say he got occupied with his mom's condition. It has always taken Eli longer to figure out what is going on in these situations than others. He's still a bit naive. IMHO...
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
      Well I thought if fit perfectly for Eli.
      Spoiler:
      All in all Eli's just a big child from time to time and for some things. This is yet another example. He's just not seeing anything bad. And then as you say he got occupied with his mom's condition. It has always taken Eli longer to figure out what is going on in these situations than others. He's still a bit naive. IMHO...
      That is an excellent point.....
      Spoiler:
      He seemed so immature in this ep for some reason. Like the boy who "used to live in his mother's basement" SO yeah he has alot of growing up to do. And it is clear that Matt has had alot of relationships...but after this ep he doesn't want to screw it up with Chloe. I think he is nervous for the first time that something just isn't right with them...not really because Chloe isn't herself...well because Chloe has never fully committed her heart to Matt IMO. But you are right at least Matt has that experience with these things and he can figure it out....Eli is not getting it fully. Maybe he doesn't want to see it because maybe it is too painful for him. But I think this new girl Ginn will really help him to grow up ....and before he can have anything meaningful with Chloe he has to do that.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

That is an excellent point.....
        Spoiler:
        He seemed so immature in this ep for some reason. Like the boy who "used to live in his mother's basement" SO yeah he has alot of growing up to do. And it is clear that Matt has had alot of relationships...but after this ep he doesn't want to screw it up with Chloe. I think he is nervous for the first time that something just isn't right with them...not really because Chloe isn't herself...well because Chloe has never fully committed her heart to Matt IMO. But you are right at least Matt has that experience with these things and he can figure it out....Eli is not getting it fully. Maybe he doesn't want to see it because maybe it is too painful for him. But I think this new girl Ginn will really help him to grow up ....and before he can have anything meaningful with Chloe he has to do that.
        Well I generally agree with that.

I don't think it's
        Spoiler:
        so strange or such a sudden change that Eli is immature again. It's just the aspect the episode deals with. It's one of the aspect which brings out Eli's immature-ness IMHO.

Comment

Well I generally agree with that.

I don't think it's
          Spoiler:
          so strange or such a sudden change that Eli is immature again. It's just the aspect the episode deals with. It's one of the aspect which brings out Eli's immature-ness IMHO.
          Yeah I agree...it was that....
          Spoiler:
          seeing him with his mom again...sort of brought us full circle back to that immature side of him. I think he had grown alot but that sort of regressed him in a sense....it's like a college kid returning home and they sort of slip back into their old childish ways for the weekend and bask in the "I'll let mom pamper me mode"

Comment

I disagree with y'all on that Eli was being immature in regards to the situation that was going on with Chloe.

The main question I would ask is: Did Eli know what was going on with Chloe while he was on Earth?

I don't mean did he know something was wrong, we know he did because he was talking to Scott about it. But we don't know if he knew what was going on while he was with his Mom, and I don't see anyone telling him because he had enough to deal with in regards to his mother.

@SupremeLegate
            Apogee Institute
            Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

I find it so ridiculous that for two seasons now folks on various message boards have been acting as if not pairing Eli and Chloe is some sort of injustice. The argument about the "nerd never getting the hot girl" in TV and films is also absurd. It happens a lot in TV and movies actually; probably much more than in real life. Look, why should we blame Chloe for being attractive to Scott? The same people who think its shallow for her to be drawn by his physical characteristics are probably the same folks who are drawn to the actress who plays Chloe because of her, well, physical characteristics. Its hypocritical. From the beginning my argument against Eli and Chloe has been that Chloe didn't owe Eli anything. Just because Eli wanted to be more than friends doesn't mean she should have felt the same way. She didn't try to lead him own, Eli simply became smitten.

Is Scott a bit of a bore at times? Sure. But while he doesn't have Eli's brains at least he tried to make something of himself by joining the military, becoming a young officer, serving his country. These are all admirable traits and combined with his looks and his caring nature its no surprise that women are drawn to that. Eli, God bless him, on the other hand was living in his mom's house playing video games all day long before he was taken away to the Destiny. Not exactly an ambitious life. Again in the REAL world who is an Ivy League beauty like Chloe likely to be drawn to? I think the answer is obvious.

Frankly I don't have a dog in this fight. If Chloe ends up with Eli then that's fine. I just don't get why some think that Scott is somehow less substantial than Eli. Because he can't quote lines from "Empire Strikes Back"? Anyway if Eli ends up with Chloe it would be just as predictable because we all have seen it coming from the beginning. There's no risk taking either way. You want risk taking for a Stargate show you'd hook up Chloe with someone like Greer (or Wray), but hooking her up with the stud soldier or the neighborhood nerd was the clear path.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post
                I disagree with y'all on that Eli was being immature in regards to the situation that was going on with Chloe.

The main question I would ask is: Did Eli know what was going on with Chloe while he was on Earth?

I don't mean did he know something was wrong, we know he did because he was talking to Scott about it. But we don't know if he knew what was going on while he was with his Mom, and I don't see anyone telling him because he had enough to deal with in regards to his mother.
                It's not only about him not knowing. It's about him noticing her absence. He clearly did notice what was going on with her, as obvious by him walking in on her and his discussion with Scott. I find it that his immaturity is most present in his naivety. He fails to see that something is wrong or might not be right in the way he looks at things. It was the same when the civilians wanted to take over the ship in Sabotage. Or with the "everyone lies" situation in Water. To me this seems like he has the experiences of a child and does experience the world as a child in these moments. Or thus missing a maturity part. In a way he's still innocent and unspoiled by the actual world.

Originally posted by AndSoItBegins View Post
                I find it so ridiculous that for two seasons now folks on various message boards have been acting as if not pairing Eli and Chloe is some sort of injustice. The argument about the "nerd never getting the hot girl" in TV and films is also absurd. It happens a lot in TV and movies actually; probably much more than in real life. Look, why should we blame Chloe for being attractive to Scott? The same people who think its shallow for her to be drawn by his physical characteristics are probably the same folks who are drawn to the actress who plays Chloe because of her, well, physical characteristics. Its hypocritical. From the beginning my argument against Eli and Chloe has been that Chloe didn't owe Eli anything. Just because Eli wanted to be more than friends doesn't mean she should have felt the same way. She didn't try to lead him own, Eli simply became smitten.

Is Scott a bit of a bore at times? Sure. But while he doesn't have Eli's brains at least he tried to make something of himself by joining the military, becoming a young officer, serving his country. These are all admirable traits and combined with his looks and his caring nature its no surprise that women are drawn to that. Eli, God bless him, on the other hand was living in his mom's house playing video games all day long before he was taken away to the Destiny. Not exactly an ambitious life. Again in the REAL world who is an Ivy League beauty like Chloe likely to be drawn to? I think the answer is obvious.

Frankly I don't have a dog in this fight. If Chloe ends up with Eli then that's fine. I just don't get why some think that Scott is somehow less substantial than Eli. Because he can't quote lines from "Empire Strikes Back"? Anyway if Eli ends up with Chloe it would be just as predictable because we all have seen it coming from the beginning. There's no risk taking either way. You want risk taking for a Stargate show you'd hook up Chloe with someone like Greer (or Wray), but hooking her up with the stud soldier or the neighborhood nerd was the clear path.
                I kinda agree. Maybe I don't think it's all that ridiculous, but I do think you have good points and valid arguments.

Comment

It's not only about him not knowing. It's about him noticing her absence. He clearly did notice what was going on with her, as obvious by him walking in on her and his discussion with Scott. I find it that his immaturity is most present in his naivety. He fails to see that something is wrong or might not be right in the way he looks at things. It was the same when the civilians wanted to take over the ship in Sabotage. Or with the "everyone lies" situation in Water. To me this seems like he has the experiences of a child and does experience the world as a child in these moments. Or thus missing a maturity part. In a way he's still innocent and unspoiled by the actual world.
                  Ok, I can agree that he is naive, and that can come off as being immature.

Is Scott a bit of a bore at times? Sure. But while he doesn't have Eli's brains at least he tried to make something of himself by joining the military, becoming a young officer, serving his country. These are all admirable traits and combined with his looks and his caring nature its no surprise that women are drawn to that. Eli, God bless him, on the other hand was living in his mom's house playing video games all day long before he was taken away to the Destiny. Not exactly an ambitious life.
                  You have a valid point here, but in Eli's defense; he was taking care of his ill mother. Which I think says a few things about his character, as he gave up what he wanted in order to care for his mother.

You are also right in how some people act toward this little triangle. Sure I think Eli and Chloe should be together, predictable or not, and sure I don't like the Chloe/Scott paring. But if Eli and Chloe get together I want it to be earned, as you said Chloe does not owe him anything. She cares for him just not in the way he would like, which she stated at the end of "Incursion." So if they end up together I want it to be because they "grew up," for lack of a better term, and have the relationship evolve naturally, even if it remains just friends.

And on a side note, I know the nerd can get the girl. I have a friend who is a big nerd and he always has a "hot" girlfriend.

@SupremeLegate
                  Apogee Institute
                  Council

Congito, ergo sum - congito

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeLegate View Post

As Jper said...
                    Spoiler:
                    I think it was his failure to really see what was going on. I mean he toted her around the ship for hours and she almost died on him...and she miraculous on her own just healed? He even said that isn't right but he did nothing to really press the issue to get to the bottom of....but for that matter really neither did Scott. And true Eli was busy with his mom but when he returned it was like he was getting filled in from Scott....that disappointed me.... I wish he had gone to her personally to see what was happening....like he had pushed it to the back of his mind....or not really wanting to deal with that. I guess one important person dying in his life was enough Poor guy But seriously I just think it was a wake up call for me to see just how much he does need to grow....and until then he's not ready for her in serious capacity.

all good points but I would hope that people..
                    Spoiler:
                    .like Chloe look at the person inside and not just their achievements. I mean maybe Matt had different factors to lead him to the life he choose.....maybe he had opportunities that Eli did not. It was clear that Eli was taking care of him mom before he was "abducted" ....so maybe if she hadn't been so ill maybe he would have gone away to a university or something...who knows. But also...you have to look at how they....Chloe and Eli connect on an emotional level. They just connected from the get go. They bonded and met a need in one another and they continue to do that somewhat... I just hope this new thing with Chloe doesn't break that all down between them At first I thought it would've been Matt who was going to break from this but it looks like it may be Eli and that pains me. But it is true that where there is the most angst in a relationship that is the writers intended OTP so I think they will eventually end up together. And it's not about the nerdy guy getting the girl... it's just about two people who care deeply about one another and being great friends and that grows into something more.

Comment

Lol. What is this horsepucky about Eli having to "take care" of his mother? She has HIV, not full blown AIDS or any of the complications that come with it, and until she stopped taking the meds (AFTER Eli left) she was in good health. Homeboy could have been off at college or making a career for himself or, hell, just having his own one bedroom paid for by a crappy minimum wage job. But naw, he lives with his mother and plays videogames all day. And he was in no way required to be there by his mother's health concerns.

AndSoItBegins is right. Eli was/is too attached to his mother, overweight, with little to no ambition and zero accomplishments. (Beyond unlocking the ninth chevron, which he only did because he became obsessed with a VIDEO GAME.) Oh, also, he has so little game that to actually measure it, you'd probably need to use negative numbers.

Chloe is a young, attractive, intelligent woman. What's the "realistic" reason that she'd pick Eli over Scott? I'm aware some young women, (and, eventually most women,) value friendship and the mind and whatnot over physical looks, but even those women want aspects in their man that Eli simply lacks right now. (Or, at least, he did at the beginning of the series.) Self-confidence, ambition, accomplishment, etc.

I'm not saying it'll never happen, and I'm not saying it has to be pukingly unrealistic if it DOES happen, but Eli's gotta change. A whole lot. Which from what I gather, most people think the hot redhead is gonna set him on the road to manhood. If I were him, I'd just stick with her over Chloe, she seems like an upgrade. Seventy-five percent less whining, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeo View Post
                        Lol. What is this horsepucky about Eli having to "take care" of his mother? She has HIV, not full blown AIDS or any of the complications that come with it, and until she stopped taking the meds (AFTER Eli left) she was in good health. Homeboy could have been off at college or making a career for himself or, hell, just having his own one bedroom paid for by a crappy minimum wage job. But naw, he lives with his mother and plays videogames all day. And he was in no way required to be there by his mother's health concerns.

AndSoItBegins is right. Eli was/is too attached to his mother, overweight, with little to no ambition and zero accomplishments. (Beyond unlocking the ninth chevron, which he only did because he became obsessed with a VIDEO GAME.) Oh, also, he has so little game that to actually measure it, you'd probably need to use negative numbers.

Chloe is a young, attractive, intelligent woman. What's the "realistic" reason that she'd pick Eli over Scott? I'm aware some young women, (and, eventually most women,) value friendship and the mind and whatnot over physical looks, but even those women want aspects in their man that Eli simply lacks right now. (Or, at least, he did at the beginning of the series.) Self-confidence, ambition, accomplishment, etc.

I'm not saying it'll never happen, and I'm not saying it has to be pukingly unrealistic if it DOES happen, but Eli's gotta change. A whole lot. Which from what I gather, most people think the hot redhead is gonna set him on the road to manhood. If I were him, I'd just stick with her over Chloe, she seems like an upgrade. Seventy-five percent less whining, that's for sure.
                        Well I had to giggle at your post Awesomeo if anything.....on the upgrade part I mean yeah I can see that... once I ....
                        Spoiler:
                        see him with Ginn I may just want to bag the whole Chloe/Eli ship thing.... But I do agree with you that Eli does need to change and mature...but I sort of disagree that he's a complete loser. We really know little about his background. I think of all the characters we have gotten the least in the way of background for him....well and Chloe as well. We assume he had no job from the first ep when he was playing vid games but who really knows? Maybe he had some web based business? You never know with geeks like that As far as Chloe not being attracted to him....yeah possibly but I think Eli gave her far more emotional support and love in an unconditional..no strings attached type of way...more so than Matt....and I think that Chloe will grow to really value and miss that. I think there is trouble brewing for Matt and Chloe and I think this new girl is only temporary.

Comment

Well I had to giggle at your post Awesomeo if anything.....on the upgrade part I mean yeah I can see that... once I ....
                          Spoiler:
                          see him with Ginn I may just want to bag the whole Chloe/Eli ship thing.... But I do agree with you that Eli does need to change and mature...but I sort of disagree that he's a complete loser. We really know little about his background. I think of all the characters we have gotten the least in the way of background for him....

We know a whole lot about Eli. Heck, we know more about Eli's mother's background then we do Greer's. Greer is a guy that the writers rarely allow us to see "away from work/duty." Eli on the other hand has been given a lot of detailed information regarding his background from the very first episode. He has actually been one of the most fleshed out characters of the show. And the info we have gotten about him suggests he was a bit of a slacker. Albeit a brilliant one.

Comment

We know a whole lot about Eli. Heck, we know more about Eli's mother's background then we do Greer's. Greer is a guy that the writers rarely allow us to see "away from work/duty." Eli on the other hand has been given a lot of detailed information regarding his background from the very first episode. He has actually been one of the most fleshed out characters of the show. And the info we have gotten about him suggests he was a bit of a slacker. Albeit a brilliant one.
                            I disagree...we only know about his Mother....honestly...we know little about his life experiences prior to him being whisked away on the Destiny. Other than he played video games and he lived with his mom and she was ill. The focus has really been on her if you ask me. We knew all that about Scott...his affiliations with the church and his love of casual relationships ....his woman he got pregnant and so on. For Chloe we know that she had lots and lots of friends...but none were really good, close friends. She was somewhat of a spoiled brat who had an important father in politics. She took up Poly Sci or something in college. Greer...we know all that about his past with his father and how he came to join the military. How he was somewhat abused psychologically possibly and he has been haunted by his fathers illnesses. Shall I go on? I mean honestly.....we know very little about Eli himself except for the bit with his mom.

Comment

Chloe is a user she will use whomever she can at the time she needs something. Eli is lucky and needs to broom her from his thoughts, let Scott have what comes they deserve each other.

Comment

Working...
                              X