Who is Telford supposed to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Telford supposed to be?

From the conversation Young has with his girlfriend or wife, it's obvious that Icarus is his command, and therefore, all the poeple that evacuated to Destiny are still under his command.

So who is Telford supposed to be then? First we saw him in action, he was hopping in a 302. If he commands the fighter squadron there or something, that is one thing, but he didn't command the base. What authority does he have to come in and start ordering the people on destiny every time he pops into Youngs body?
    sigpic

None. That's exactly what Scott was about to bring up when Colonel Young came back. Telford doesn't have any authority, though he wants it, for some reason. Perhaps we'll learn later that he was passed over for the Icarus command in favor of Young or that Young's decision to take the command instead of retiring prevented Telford from getting the command and that he has a grudge against Young.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

They're both the same rank - full Colonel. Don't know what the relationship is...but I get the feeling he is just being a troublemaker

Comment

Telford was supposed to be leading the team to the 9th Chevron address, like Sumner in Atlantis.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

He was supposed to be commanding the mission through the gate if they had the time to put a real crew together.

So he's kinda bitter about that and has to throw his weight around whenever he's on board because he's the one that should have been in charge.

Comment

That explains it.

Comment

Telford was the Destiny Expedition commander, Young was the Icarus Base Commander. This was explained to Senator Armstrong in the pilot.

Comment

I know Col Telford is a Air force colonel ,When Colonel Young use the Stone return to Earth Telford got to switch body with him agian.

Last time he disregard Colonel's young 's body and order the crew to dial to other gate address ,lucky · Tamara put him to sleep.

This time Just after a few hour he blame everything on Col Young for the power failure and order Scott to ask Earth to replace Col Young.

The ship is falling apart and the last thing they need is Telford to order people around ,especially when he barely understand the situation.

I know Col Telford is a colonel and out rank Scott, but does he really have authorities over the Destiny's crew. Telford spent too much time stone watch and got to switch body with Young , and the connection is probably fix once they switch body with each other a few time.

Dr Rush and Col Young already had problem , and once a while Telford coming over and order people around without knowing all the fact.
                He blame Young for not recognise the power problem sooner because Dr Rush saw it comming.Col Telford 's attitude was counter productive.
                Maybe that is Telford's role ,as someone more unpopular than Rush.

Telford was part of the Icarus Baseand the crew already knew him ,he could be useful in some way but they should set up some rule like he can act as an observer or advisor not part of the command .

Comment

Sorry to answer with a question, but are they both of equal rank? Or is one of them a Lt. Col and the other a full bird? That may go to explain why Telford seems to outrank Young. Or at least that is the impression I get.

Comment

Technically, he does not have authority. Scott was about to point this out just as Young returned to his body. Tleford was supposed to command the expedition that was to go through the gate when the 9th chevron was dialed, but was not able to due to the attack. On some level, he is upset and wants to be in charge of what's going on on Destiny.

Comment

When Col. Telford had taken over Youngs body, and arrived at the shuttle where Scott and Co were, i really thought he would LIE about who he was, like the look he gave them sort of gave me that sneaking suspicion that he was about to do that. I am now thinking he WILL do that some-time soon, if he does not get his way (take over Youngs body and say he is Young). Maybe...Telford might use the crystals on Earth to take over Young's body for a day or two (He'd have the intention of FOREVER, but of course the crew would find out and would fix it, etc..lol). Don't you think?

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                      Technically, he does not have authority. Scott was about to point this out just as Young returned to his body. Tleford was supposed to command the expedition that was to go through the gate when the 9th chevron was dialed, but was not able to due to the attack. On some level, he is upset and wants to be in charge of what's going on on Destiny.
                      I do agree he is upset, and wants to assume command of what's going on in Destiny. Bringing me to believe that somewhere down the track, my idea i proposed above, may come true.
                      sigpic

Comment

Please can we get rid of him from the show. He's only adding more snip bit confusion. There are already too many people. And too much drama.

Comment

If Col Telford can only appear in Universe when he and Young switch bodies, I think this is a major limitation to his character. And I agree that since he is not on the Destiny, he should not be second guessing Col Young, and making trouble. So far, I really don't see that much need for his character.

Comment

I don't think the stones will work in reverse unless Young is sitting there by the stones like they do on Earth.

Next time Telford comes back he my find that Young has handcuffed himself and instructed Scott to untie him in 6 hours with a password or something...lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              I don't think the stones will work in reverse unless Young is sitting there by the stones like they do on Earth.

Next time Telford comes back he my find that Young has handcuffed himself and instructed Scott to untie him in 6 hours with a password or something...lol
                              That is a good idea. I would do it if I find out that another officer is countermanding my orders based on information that is not correct.
                              Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.

Comment

Working...
                              X