The Humour! She's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Humour! She's back!

I think this episode pretty much throws away the assumption that SGU will lose the humour that Stargate had always been known for.

I'm really loving the secondary cast so far. Darkness was a great introduction for them all, and none of them disappointed.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Originally posted by Detox View Post
    I think this episode pretty much throws away the assumption that SGU will lose the humour that Stargate had always been known for.

I'm really loving the secondary cast so far. Darkness was a great introduction for them all, and none of them disappointed.
    I do agree, especially with the second portion. I loved all of the moments with the secondary characters in this episode...Volker and Park being my favorites
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

"Adam Brody...is my name."

Comment

Use the Crutch
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

"Dr Rush had a nervous breakdown."

Thanks to the Kinos, Park and Riley win out as my favourite supporting characters. Park's rant about earthquakes was funny in a Carter-esque ranting kind-of way.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I found it hilarious how Rush was always yelling at that one guy.
            "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Use the Crutch
              That made me chuckle and it was just a written note.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                I do agree, especially with the second portion. I loved all of the moments with the secondary characters in this episode...Volker and Park being my favorites
                Volker, Riley, and Park were great! Volker's Kino segment, especially where he started digressing on classical music composers and not quite sure where to stop was hilarious!
                sigpic

Comment

Besides the obvious lol factor of that kino segment, I also loved how the light from the KINO starts shifting away from his face as he nears the end, and then quickly goes back to his face when he rambles some more.

Brilliant!

Also, loved how Young said "You're a grown man" to Volker. Just the way he said that; very like "WTF man?"

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Besides the obvious lol factor of that kino segment, I also loved how the light from the KINO starts shifting away from his face as he nears the end, and then quickly goes back to his face when he rambles some more.

Brilliant!

Also, loved how Young said "You're a grown man" to Volker. Just the way he said that; very like "WTF man?"
                    As much as I like Volker--Patrick Gilmore's done a great job so far--I think Young wasn't saying to him "You're a grown man" as much as he was saying, "You need to grow a pair."
                    sigpic

Comment

This episode was great in my opinion and really set SGU on a good track, humour wise and over all! I think this series will turn out to be a gem...

Comment

The first three episodes made me wonder how much trouble I was going to have keeping my promise to watch the whole first season. I was kind of dreading another hour of the same, but there was humor, some beginnings of camraderie, and I really like some of the more minor characters. They've got me hooked into the sun problem, too.

Uh, not expecting much humor next week, though, what with that whole 'going to burn up imminently' thing.

Comment

good, they finally decided to use KINO for something usefull I loved that scene with James
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                            Uh, not expecting much humor next week, though, what with that whole 'going to burn up imminently' thing.
                            Knowing Eli...he'll probley make a joke about it some how
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                              Volker, Riley, and Park were great! Volker's Kino segment, especially where he started digressing on classical music composers and not quite sure where to stop was hilarious!
                              I loved that. I didn't even know what he was talking about at first, but I just love how he played it. Also, the stammering-through of his introduction was priceless.

Riley is still my favorite secondary though. He just had this funny attitude in the first three episodes. Hopefully there will be more dry humor with him in the future. "That was my ration for the day." LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X